SitarHero

Genius

• OG Moderators
  • 12,524 posts
  • Fan Since:Lake Placid Church Choir
  • Favourite LDR Song:Get_Drunk

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:51 AM

I finally finished Season 2!

I gotta say it was a lot more psychologically interesting but it didn't quite hook me as much as the first season in terms of being on the edge of my seat. Goddamn is Sarah Paulson that bitch, though.

Anyone hear about Emma beating up Evan Peters, though? :eek: :eartha:

rcfbjId.png

#25 OFFLINE   bdelrey

bdelrey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Time Online: 3d 6h 15m 39s

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:24 AM

I finally finished Season 2!

I gotta say it was a lot more psychologically interesting but it didn't quite hook me as much as the first season in terms of being on the edge of my seat. Goddamn is Sarah Paulson that bitch, though.

Anyone hear about Emma beating up Evan Peters, though? :eek: :eartha:

I agree season 1 had me on the edge of my seat more. but season 2 had Lana Winters, who is queen.

I heard about Emma and Evan's fight apparently they arrested her cause he had sign of being hit whereas she didn't. but i day or two later they're were photos of her with bruises 

#26 OFFLINE   drewby

drewby

sleepy bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,490 posts
  • LocationAtlanta
  • Time Online: 144d 20h 58m 48s

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:38 AM

so apparently they're still casting 3 more spots, filming starts next week in New Orleans I believe, and there's something about youth serum in the season

Posted Image

#27 OFFLINE   EVOL

EVOL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa
  • Time Online: 4d 21h 56m 16s

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

Yay, an AHS thread. Liked both season 1 & 2 for different reasons, although season 2 has been my favourite so far. Bit nervous about the next, I can handle horror better than I can the supernatural. lol

• pinupgirls likes this

#28 OFFLINE   pinupgirls

pinupgirls

Icons Never Die

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 877 posts
  • Time Online: 5d 4h 21m 25s

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:45 PM

I think the next season will be really amazing. It already looks amazing. 

I hope Jessica Lange has a really great role. She steals the show everytime. 

• prettydrugs likes this

73ce18e0470baabe45072fc432668d8d.jpg

#29 OFFLINE   greymillenium

greymillenium

MAGI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 478 posts
  • LocationPurple Wig
  • Time Online: 2d 20h 32m 12s

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:33 PM

ugh, I detest Emma Roberts, only because she's with my man! can she act, I haven't seen any of her work  :icant:

Season 1 had a better setting [the haunted house where anything could happen], but Season 2 had better characters [look at the development of Lana, Sister Jude, and Sister Mary Eunice].

Season 1 was interesting because it was a modern setting and it had parallels of our reality: adultery, bullying in school, school shootings, financial problems, death. And then flashbacks to other periods were sprinkled in. Enter Jessica Lange who is amazing to watch on screen. She just chews through her other castmates like a tornado in the scenes. She adds the layer of the horror of being an older actress in Hollywood.

Season 2 was the opposite where it was mostly in another time period and then the modern day scenes were scattered throughout the season. I think Season 2 was more concerned about the nature of evil- asking questions like why are people evil? Is it because they are misunderstood like the aliens? Or evil because they come from fucked up families? Or are they evil because of the devil? Or evil because society dictates that they are evil. 

Ryan Murphy's problem is that he likes to have so much go on in each season that sometimes those narratives are underdeveloped. 

• EVOL likes this

giffix-1.gif

#30 OFFLINE   pinupgirls

pinupgirls

Icons Never Die

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 877 posts
  • Time Online: 5d 4h 21m 25s

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:49 PM

ugh, I detest Emma Roberts, only because she's with my man! can she act, I haven't seen any of her work  :icant:

Season 1 had a better setting [the haunted house where anything could happen], but Season 2 had better characters [look at the development of Lana, Sister Jude, and Sister Mary Eunice].

Season 1 was interesting because it was a modern setting and it had parallels of our reality: adultery, bullying in school, school shootings, financial problems, death. And then flashbacks to other periods were sprinkled in. Enter Jessica Lange who is amazing to watch on screen. She just chews through her other castmates like a tornado in the scenes. She adds the layer of the horror of being an older actress in Hollywood.

Season 2 was the opposite where it was mostly in another time period and then the modern day scenes were scattered throughout the season. I think Season 2 was more concerned about the nature of evil- asking questions like why are people evil? Is it because they are misunderstood like the aliens? Or evil because they come from fucked up families? Or are they evil because of the devil? Or evil because society dictates that they are evil. 

Ryan Murphy's problem is that he likes to have so much go on in each season that sometimes those narratives are underdeveloped. 

What do you think Coven will be about? (I know witches, but the underlying theme)

73ce18e0470baabe45072fc432668d8d.jpg

#31 OFFLINE   drewby

drewby

sleepy bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,490 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:10 AM

Coven is about youth serum and the effects on this group of women since they take it before it's ready to be used, or that's at least apparently part of a subplot
  • EVOL likes this

Posted Image

#32 OFFLINE   SitarHero

SitarHero

Genius

• OG Moderators
  • 12,524 posts
  • Fan Since:Lake Placid Church Choir
  • Favourite LDR Song:Get_Drunk

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:23 AM

Ooh I hope there's bathing in the blood of maidens~

• Moy, TrailerParkDarling and LittleFool like this

rcfbjId.png

#33 OFFLINE   greymillenium

greymillenium

MAGI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 478 posts
  • LocationPurple Wig
  • Time Online: 2d 20h 32m 12s

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:15 AM

What do you think Coven will be about? (I know witches, but the underlying theme)

mmm.... I'm not sure! It's hard to do a critical analysis before taking in the whole season!

My mind jump to power struggles between the genders but there's not that many males in the cast. If this youth serum thing pans out maybe youth/aging/beauty might be a theme. I'm not sure how the witchcraft is going to be developed and how it will be shown in the show. 

In paganism the triple goddess in the form of the maiden, mother, and crone are common figures so maybe that will play out. But if we are talking about New Orleans Witchcraft then that would be more Voodoo. I'm excited for the new season either way!  :excited:

• pinupgirls likes this

giffix-1.gif

#34 OFFLINE   RetroSound

RetroSound

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Time Online: 91d 15h 47m 52s

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:34 AM

gabourey-sidibe-anna-kendrick-afi-awards

gabourey is going to be in series 3 im so happy  :defeated:

OMG YES !!!!! :defeated:

I loved her in The Big C :party:

130729050359480601.gif

#35 OFFLINE   EVOL

EVOL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa
  • Time Online: 4d 21h 56m 16s

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:03 PM

Youth Serum? Now I'm imagining a witchy/voodoo-esque version of Death Becomes Her. please let this happen             

• TrailerParkDarling likes this

#36 OFFLINE   getdrunk

getdrunk

~may all the stars in the sky bow down to you~

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Time Online: 4d 13h 31m 19s

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:25 PM

ahs is my life  :icant:  i liked s2 ten times more than s1, i thought it was way more interesting, and i wasn't a fan of violet/tate in s1. The devil in mary eunice and lana were my favorite characters  :creepna:  

• prettydrugs likes this

sig3_2.png

#37 OFFLINE   drewby

drewby

sleepy bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,490 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:34 PM

ahs is my life  :icant:  i liked s2 ten times more than s1, i thought it was way more interesting, and i wasn't a fan of violet/tate in s1. The devil in mary eunice and lana were my favorite characters  :creepna:  

the way they just killed the devil off though was a very rushed subplot

Posted Image

#38 OFFLINE   prettydrugs

prettydrugs

tropicalviolence

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 773 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Time Online: 21d 23h 14m 55s

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:47 PM

I watched all Asylum for the second time yesterday, god it's the best serie ever :flutter:  Jessica Lange, Sarah Paulson, Lily Rabe & James Cromwell were the best. Jessica Lange is the fucking queen, sister Jude was my favourite character along with Lana Banana. I loved so much Sister Mary Eunice too... when she sings You Don't Own Me to the crucifix   :defeated: and although I hate Grouper so much, he performed so well. Now Im watching again the first season and I have to say I like it more than the first time I saw it but is really way too much about sex, also Im not a big fan of ghosts. I def prefer Asylum. They got this perfect recipe of horror, madness, religion and aliens that I think it's impossible to compare with anything. It was like I was there while watching, it really moved me. I can't wait for the 3rd season oh god I know it's gonna be phenomenal. Really love the cast and the main plot, curious to see Kathy Bates! Even though I know Asylum will always be the best, at least to me  :D

• getdrunk likes this

let the light in, it's a cruel world

#39 OFFLINE   CokoKilos

CokoKilos

Trailer Park Princess

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts
  • LocationParadise City
  • Time Online: 4d 18h 48s

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:41 AM

Did anyone see this