pinupgirls

American Horror Story

Wait...since when was Andy Warhol a cult leader? :judgingu3:

"Although Andy Warhol wasn't really considered a cult leader on the level of Charles Manson and Jim Jones, American Horror Story will most likely tie him to the cult mentality through his off-kilter art studio, known as The Factory. Warhol established The Factory in New York City in the '60s, and invited numerous young artists, writers, singers, and other creative people to live with him. The Factory became an artistic beacon of the countercultural movement in the '60s, and it was described as a bizarre structure filled with aluminum foil and silver paint. Though it wasn't a cult in the murder-suicide kind of sense that defined Manson and Jones' devoted followers, it's clear that Warhol did exhibit an extraordinary amount of influence over the other artists in The Factory."

There is a book by Patti Smith (Just Kids) I read in which she described that when Andy used to enter the bar everybody wanted to talk to him and impress him due to his influence. He had some sort of society where he was the leader.

"Although Andy Warhol wasn't really considered a cult leader on the level of Charles Manson and Jim Jones, American Horror Story will most likely tie him to the cult mentality through his off-kilter art studio, known as The Factory. Warhol established The Factory in New York City in the '60s, and invited numerous young artists, writers, singers, and other creative people to live with him. The Factory became an artistic beacon of the countercultural movement in the '60s, and it was described as a bizarre structure filled with aluminum foil and silver paint. Though it wasn't a cult in the murder-suicide kind of sense that defined Manson and Jones' devoted followers, it's clear that Warhol did exhibit an extraordinary amount of influence over the other artists in The Factory."

There is a book by Patti Smith (Just Kids) I read in which she described that when Andy used to enter the bar everybody wanted to talk to him and impress him due to his influence. He had some sort of society where he was the leader.

That actually sounds cool af lol

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

That actually sounds cool af lol

Yeah, it does. I've always wanted to be a part of a cult where everybody lives for some form of art... a sense of community & belonging, you know?

Though I doubt they'll go very deep into it. I guess it will only be about the part where Warhol apparently misplaced a script Valerie had written & she was asked to leave The Factory which led her to fire a gun at Warhol.

Yeah, it does. I've always wanted to be a part of a cult where everybody lives for some form of art... a sense of community & belonging, you know?

Though I doubt they'll go very deep into it. I guess it will only be about the part where Warhol apparently misplaced a script she had written & she was asked to leave The Factory which led her to fire a gun at Warhol.

Absolutely. I'm gonna get so emo but it would be heaven to just have a bunch of friends and share your poetry/music with each other. :xcry:

I didn't know until now Andy got shot...wow..

Absolutely. I'm gonna get so emo but it would be heaven to just have a bunch of friends and share your poetry/music with each other. :xcry:

I didn't know until now Andy got shot...wow..

Yeah, it would be heaven. Let's start a cult when we grow up. Lol

Yeah he was shot by a pseudo-feminist - Valerie Solanas (who wrote the S.C.U.M Manifesto about the elimination of all men from from Earth). She said after being arrested that Andy was trying to control her life (reminds me of the Kesha/Dr.Luke case!). Andy was injured for life but he didn't die. (I feel like Lena Dunham is the perfect cast for Valerie :hooker:)

Yeah, it would be heaven. Let's create a cult when we grow up. Lol

Yeah he was shot by a pseudo-feminist - Valerie Solanas (who wrote the S.C.U.M Manifesto about the elimination of all men from from Earth). She said after being arrested that Andy was trying to control her life (reminds me of the Kesha/Dr.Luke case!). Andy was injured for life but he didn't die. (I feel like Lena Dunham is the perfect cast for Valerie :hooker:)

Damn I never knew this

Yeah, hopefully Lena only lasts one episode. She's lucky to even get screen time tbh lol

Damn I never knew this

Yeah, hopefully Lena only lasts one episode. She's lucky to even get screen time tbh lol

Yes, it's confirmed she will only be in one episode.

Updated list of episode titles! New titles are in bold

7x01: Election Night *Aired 

7x02: Don't Be Afraid of The Dark *Aired 

7x03: Neighbors from The Hell *9/19

7x04: 11/9 *9/26

7x05: Holes *10/3

7x06: Mid-Western Assassin *10/10

7x07: Valerie Solanas Died For Your Sins: Scumbag *10/17

7x08: Winter of Our Discontent *10/24

7x09: Drink The Kool-Aid *10/31

7x10: Charles (Manson) In Charge *11/7

7x11: N/A (finale episode) *11/14

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

I really really want a Queen Bee to be revealed in the final episode. Like a mysterious figure who does no actual work but is secretly pulling all the strings. I don't care who it turns our to be - Francis Conroy, Winter Anderson (since she has ulterior motives) or even Ally by the end of the season.

I personally find female villains scarier & more iconic than the male ones.

Quoting Ryan Murphy:

"[He] is playing Kai, this cult leader in this small town who we follow as he rises. And the thing that we're doing is we're really examining all different sorts of cults", he says.

"And there are many, many famous ones. Throughout the season, Evan Peters is, I think, playing six different cult leaders: Kai, Manson, David Koresh, Andy Warhol. Jim Jones is a big one."

Lena Dunham will play Valerie Solanas (the feminist who murdered Andy Warhol) in flashbacks in episode 7.

“It’s about female rage and that’s in the country now. Solanas wrote the Scum Manifesto. She told all women to kill men, and it was their only way to rise to power”

I hope this helps. Also, in my opinion it would be an interesting concept which will help us get a deeper meaning about cults & maybe we'll get to see some new eccentric characters.

it helps but i still think it's dumb lol. we'll see how it plays out

lol such a reach

and Kesha was assaulted...

~INSTA1.gif

If will there's another lesbian scene, at least, I hope a gay scene 

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Ep 3 was an improvement! the story is definitely getting more interesting and i have much more hope for this season now.

its so weird though stil-l its almost like a bit of comedy this season. and not the same clever stuff from Coven. It's like Scream Queens was. I loved Scream Queens, but thats not really what I want with AHS.....

H0bDaqU.gif

Did y'all watch episode 3?! I think it was the best one yet from this season - gave me Murder House & Asylum tease with the storytelling.

I personally think that AHS is back on track & it was 1000 times better than Roanoke. I hope it goes uphill from here unlike the past couple seasons which went downhill from episode 5.

that poor little Mr. Guinea

The scene in which Kai asks Meadow her deepest fears & she says that she's afraid Sonia from Desperate Housewives has a drinking problem.. got me lmao.. I mean just look at their expressions

We're shown a glimpse of Detective Samuels watching TV with Harrison.

Later Meadow tells Kai, "He has a friend now. They whisper about me and share looks."

Also, did anyone notice Ivy's computer password is 'clownz'. Suspicious. Now that we know that the therapist, the neighbors & the nanny is in the cult, I think Ryan is definitely tryna pull a 'Rosemary's Baby'.

Honestly I laughed :lmao: but tbh, if Meadow was being that extra with me, I probably would have slapped her too :toofunny:

----

Episode 3 was really good imo.

- I'm glad Ivy slapped Ally tbh, she deserves it.

- Oz is def gonna be traumatised after his Guinea pig got microwaved (better get on those therapy sessions)

- It's still foggy to me as to who is really in the cult. I still hope Ally's therapist isn't involved, but he most likely is.

I'm just glad Winter didn't make Ozzy kill Mr. Guinea cause that would have been more fucked up

Anyway Ep 3 was really good. It's basically a great horror comedy episode. I can't wait for other casts to have more screentime though. I can only watch so much of Ally getting paranoid

nF70D0F.png