Beemo

Grimes

perhaps this is a hot take but i don't get this tracklist ordering at all like whoever put So Heavy first needs to be demoted, my unmastered album came with the order having Delete Forever first and i think it works way better?  either way something is up with the flow on this thing

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

I’m just listening to Delete Forever rn, and first listen, it’s a great calming type of track, but its so sad to listen to? Then i read into the lyrics more and that its devastating.. love the themes of sleep/lack of and trailing off to broader things..

The production sounds like regurgitated regret after the hook(?) and the horns sound so redemptive around the 3min mark. The sarcasm in the lyrics. I felt that especially too

UV/Honeymoon

not a huge fan of delete forever tbh. it's not a bad song, but the stripped down country-ish vibe doesn't fit the album; even the leaked version (black swan blues?) didn't stand out so much from the other songs. i wish she'd just released it as a standalone track. she looked cute in the video & the akira reference was nice, but beyond that it's pretty unmemorable.

after she pops that child out i know for a fact it’s over and she’s dropping from the face of the earth..i’m so sad

This is Grimes we're talking about... if anything she'll bring her newborn to a DJ set and call it performance art.

Is the version of the album that leaked in November the version that is coming out? Do you guys think she's changing anything or is the leak already properly mixed and mastered

Its pretty much the same mix. I've compared the released singles and the leaked version and they're the same

This is Grimes we're talking about... if anything she'll bring her newborn to a DJ set and call it performance art.

WAYYAMIN YOU HAVE A POINT....

sry double post but You’ll miss me when i’m not around is pop perfection...

I really don't like the flow of the final tracklist, so I made my own... Anyways it's a pretty great record.

01. So Heavy I Fell Through The Earth

02. We Appreciate Power

03. Darkseid

04. 4AM

05. Before The Fever

06. My Name Is Dark

07. Violence

08. New Gods

09. You'll Miss Me When I'm Not Around

10. Delete Forever

11. IDORU

I really don't like the flow of the final tracklist, so I made my own... Anyways it's a pretty great record.

01. So Heavy I Fell Through The Earth

02. We Appreciate Power

03. Darkseid

04. 4AM

05. Before The Fever

06. My Name Is Dark

07. Violence

08. New Gods

09. You'll Miss Me When I'm Not Around

10. Delete Forever

11. IDORU

wap after so heavy is not a good flow though jfjdjks

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

fair, i enjoy the contrast... kinda like this dreamy ethereal intro then wap is so loud and in your face

yeah some people prefer a sharp contrast in albums which is fair, personally i would've gone for more of a build up, like maybe put my name is dark after so heavy as it has a soft intro, and then explodes a little (but not too much) on the chorus, then maybe transfer into violence and then we appreciate power,

tbh though this tracklist is really hard to figure out and make work, it isnt very cohesive imo, the story telling and theme is spot on but the production is a little all over the place, its so bubbly at parts and then so aggressive, i think because we've had some stems of the songs for so long now it just feels a little underwhelming, like weve had 4am and darkside (cryptid) for ages

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Did she ever tease pictures from the We Appreciate Power video or do we know what it was supposed to be?

did she even film a video for it? i was always under the impression that it was something that was planned but never happened.

自由になる自由がある

If anyone wants to appreciate Grimes' older sound in her earliest albums while we wait 5 days, here are the best songs (the ones that won't hurt your ears) to save you the effort

Darkbloom:

- Vanessa

- Crystal Ball

Halfaxa:

-Intro/Flowers

-Dream Fortress

-Sagrad ..........

-Devon

-World <3 Princess

-River

-Swan Song

-My Sister Says the Saddest Things