Beemo

Grimes

<p>

Maybe im paying too much attention to this, but as someone who was in my top 3 favourite artists during her Visions and Art Angels eras, what else is there to do???

• Scenario 1: Grimes doesn't even know about Poppy and Mars Argo. Maybe she saw the trending thing but chose not to look into it. STILL her fault
  • Scenario 2: Grimes does know about it but had already been planning stuff with Poppy, so Poppy and Titanic managed to manipulate her into thinking they're innocent and Mars is the problem. STILL her fault
  • Scenario 3: Grimes is a hypocrite and one of those blind idiots who 'separate the music from the artist' and all the wokeness and realness that I and other fans loved her for was all a lie.
conclusion of the 3 scenerios = it's still her fault jfksjdkkfkdk

True, the Poppy project's reputation has been tainted by the lawsuit. I personally tend to believe Brittany's allegations against Corey. BUT. That is not the same as believing that every item alleged in a lawsuit is the truth. Sometimes lawyers allege points that are speculative at the beginning, to see how far they can get. I suspect they will have a very hard time proving that Moriah knew anything beyond what Corey told her. (And I can't picturing Corey admitting during production, "Hey, I'm a talentless wretch, but let's use this content Brittany totally created without me" ...I mean, come on.) Moriah is "problematic" largely by association at this point. You all know that "guilt by association" is a fallacy, right?

If Grimes were to stand by Moriah through this PR nightmare rather than scrambling to keep up appearances, that in my opinion would show integrity and a positive example of female solidarity. It has nothing to do with the Mars Argo case and is not a slam against Brittany in any way. (Of course, there may be no personal involvement and this collaboration with Poppy may be purely professional. My points still stand.)

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

True, the Poppy project's reputation has been tainted by the lawsuit. I personally tend to believe Brittany's allegations against Corey. BUT. That is not the same as believing that every item alleged in a lawsuit is the truth. Sometimes lawyers allege points that are speculative at the beginning, to see how far they can get. I suspect they will have a very hard time proving that Moriah knew anything beyond what Corey told her. (And I can't picturing Corey admitting during production, "Hey, I'm a talentless wretch, but let's use this content Brittany totally created without me" ...I mean, come on.) Moriah is "problematic" largely by association at this point. You all know that "guilt by association" is a fallacy, right?

If Grimes were to stand by Moriah through this PR nightmare rather than scrambling to keep up appearances, that in my opinion would show integrity and a positive example of female solidarity. It has nothing to do with the Mars Argo case and is not a slam against Brittany in any way. (Of course, there may be no personal involvement and this collaboration with Poppy may be purely professional. My points still stand.)

Thank you for saying everything I couldn’t manage to put together, & so eloquently! I’m sooo tired of this generation of internet PC culture trying to end people’s careers over exactly that - guilt by association. It’s really fcking stupid because people are so quick to assume & act like they were there, recording every detail.

I do not doubt that Titanic is a gross person, but I’m not going to vilify Poppy when there’s no way to know if he’s abusing her, too. & I’m DEFINITELY not going to vilify Claire for working with Poppy because I don’t know what’s going on! Smh.

14417469274.gif

I definitely don’t think Grimes is at fault in this situation. Like others said, even Poppy herself might not have known the extent of what was going on.

There are popular artists doing much worse things than Grimes, and people have no problems stanning them.

Thank you for saying everything I couldn’t manage to put together, & so eloquently! I’m sooo tired of this generation of internet PC culture trying to end people’s careers over exactly that - guilt by association. It’s really fcking stupid because people are so quick to assume & act like they were there, recording every detail.

I do not doubt that Titanic is a gross person, but I’m not going to vilify Poppy when there’s no way to know if he’s abusing her, too. & I’m DEFINITELY not going to vilify Claire for working with Poppy because I don’t know what’s going on! Smh.

I understand this completely, and it's a valuable view point to put forward. Very important to consider. 

I'm not sure if either of you have been a Grimes fan for long. For me, I have since 2012, and everything she did back then.. in fact everything she did up till her 2015 Art Angels album, was really inspiring, about empowering women, raising awareness to issues that women face (like abuse), normalising mental illness and raw personal expression. She did (and still clearly does) whatever the fuck she wanted. She was always honest, always educated, and always empowering to anyone who felt like a minority or ashamed of themselves in any way at all. She was especially very forward about how much she has to deal with by producing for herself, so I find it highly unlikely that with Grimes being a producer, she would have no involvement with Poppy's partnership with Titanic. After all, we know Titanic would never let Mars collab. Why would he let Poppy do this if he wasn't in the mix too? It's not guilt by association either, it would be guilt by collaboration and promotion. It's not a simple silly friendship. It's working together.

Of course, it's silly of people to expect so much from people we don't know (or anyone at all), but it's just so much more hard hitting that the first time Grimes appears in what seems like 2 years, it's THIS. 

And yes, you're right. The only actual logical conclusion to make right now is that Grimes is probably clueless too, and she must be going through a really confusing time about it all right now.