Sign in to follow this  
Rafael

Skins

@@elllipsis

But the fanmade videos are great.  :icant:

You're right about how far the show went. It was cleverly done, it could have been easily gross and disgusting. I'm pretty sure that those incestuous feelings between siblings might happen more often than we think it does but it doesn't mean they become a couple.

I also think this incestuous feelings were there because they didn't know how to love someone else. I mean, come on, they are much more like twins than the Fitches. Effy's basically a female Tony. 

I'd like to find a movie dealing with incest the way it was done with the Stonems. I watched the Dreamers and ... just no.  :derpna:

SCARFACE2371.png

I also think this incestuous feelings were there because they didn't know how to love someone else. I mean, come on, they are much more like twins than the Fitches. Effy's basically a female Tony.

I was actually thinking that when I wrote my previous post. Their 'love' is as incestuous as it is narcissistic. They basically love eachother because they love themselves.

I'd like to find a movie dealing with incest the way it was done with the Stonems. I watched the Dreamers and ... just no.  :derpna:

I actually really loved The Dreamers. :eek: :awk: :runs:

It was uncomfortable to watch though, for sure.

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

@@elllipsis Did you watch the 3rd generation ?

I watched all of S5 but none of S6.  :$ I don't even know why tbh... I liked most of it (and LOVED Rich's episode) but I guess I never really managed to relate to the characters as much as I did during gens 1 & 2. I never felt, idk, 'emotionally attached' (for lack of a better expression) to any of them the same way I did to Cassie, Effy or Cook, for instance.

Did you watch it? What did you think of it, in general? In your opinion how does it compare to the other 2 gens?

Please try not to spoil me though, I will watch it eventually... :P

This is an actual (and kinda huge) spoiler, so to those who haven't seen S6 yet - don't open this.

I already know that Grace dies though. :facepalm: :defeated:

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

@@elllipsis 

I didn't feel attached at all to the 3rd generation. I didn't surprise me though, I knew it wouldn't be the same without a Stonem in Skins. The whole show tbh was about them. 

I watched the first 2 episodes of S5 when they aired but then I understood I didn't give a fuck about them and I lost track of it. I randomly watched 1 or 2 episodes, after S6 finished I watched at once S5 and S6. I barely remember anything, which is surprising since I remember so well what happened to the 1st and 2nd generation. 

I liked a little Mini and it was nice to show a virgin that isn't a nerd, I didn't like Liv because she reminds me of a crazy bitch I hate, Rich and Grace are just not the kind of characters I'm interested in. They tried to make Franky the new Effy but it failed miserably.

The only episode I liked and actually remember was in S6 with Franky and a guy called Luke. That was something quite new to skins imo.

I think there was no real charismatic character in this generation. I mean, you can't compare Matty to like ... Cook.  :derpna:

The drama is S6 was forced ... They also threw a random gay guy to make it all Skins like, when they could have talked about transgenders(?) with Franky and even homosexuality with Mini and Franky. I remember they once took cocaine in a supermarket, wut ?  :facepalm:

The writers probably didn't know themselves where they wanted to go ... 

Also, I'm a person whose favorite episodes were the "special' ones (Effy's episodes in S1 and even S3, Tony's episode in S2). Effy's episodes are often disturbing, to her image. I liked Effy's episode in S4 too. Cook's episode in S4 was beautiful. 

When I watched Skins it appeared to me as something new and refreshing. I didn't see before a show dealing that way with teenagers (maybe a bit in Sugar Rush) and tbh it was quite shocking to me to see all the drugs they used, and so on. 

The 1st generation was clearly better written but I somehow felt myself more involved and attached with the 2nd generation, probably because of Cook and Effy.

SCARFACE2371.png

@@Philomene

I didn't feel attached at all to the 3rd generation. I didn't surprise me though, I knew it wouldn't be the same without a Stonem in Skins. The whole show tbh was about them.

Totally agree. There was a certain continuity / link between the first 2 gens, while the 3rd seemed like a completely different series imo.

And everything felt contrived - the storylines, their appearance... Like the writers were trying way too hard to seem 'cool'.

I liked Rich, Grace too (to some extent), but by the end of S5 I was already annoyed with what they'd done with the couple. I kinda sorta liked Mini but other than that either disliked or was indifferent to everyone else.

Imo the series should have ended after S4 tbh. I'll eventually watch S6 for, you know, ~closure but it's just not the same.

@@elllipsis 

I watched a few episodes of 3rd gen and shut it off, It was almost as bad as American Skins :pft:

Live Forever Golden Grill.

I watched a few episodes of 3rd gen and shut it off, It was almost as bad as American Skins :pft:

Dear lord, American Skins sure was an abomination... I didn't even finish the pilot, so fucking cringeworthy! :toofunny:

Bad as it may be, imo gen 3 is faaaaaaar better than that.

I swear Lana is like an American Effy. :icant:

I think that's more or less what she aspires to be (or what she wants people to think of her) but I don't think she really is tbh. :eek: :whatever:

That video is amazing though & that song really suits those two. :crying4:

@@Philomene I wouldn't go as far as that, I don't think she (or rather, her family) ever had that kind of money and/or influence... But no, I don't really believe *a lot* of her supposed 'bad girl' behaviour. Tbh I think she was always more of a spectator who was fascinated with that whole world & lifestyle.

Dear lord, American Skins sure was an abomination... I didn't even finish the pilot, so fucking cringeworthy! :toofunny:

Bad as it may be, imo gen 3 is faaaaaaar better than that.

I watched the entire thing and it had no skins feel to it what so ever, they tried too hard tbh :facepalm:

I watched the entire thing and it had no skins feel to it what so ever, they tried too hard tbh :facepalm:

The American version, you mean?

That's basically my opinion. And it's a shame because imo the idea had potential, but instead of using the general concept of Skins as inspiration & creating something that felt, idk, real and was about actual American teenagers, they simply tried really hard to copy it & of course it was a complete failure. I mean, original Skins is very specific to British society, so lots of things (attitudes, dialogues, even some of the characters) either won't make any sense or will seem incredibly fake in any other country / culture. That's what made the pilot a total cringefest to me.

The American version, you mean?

That's basically my opinion. And it's a shame because imo the idea had potential, but instead of using the general concept of Skins as inspiration & creating something that felt, idk, real and was about actual American teenagers, they simply tried really hard to copy it & of course it was a complete failure. I mean, original Skins is very specific to British society, so lots of things (attitudes, dialogues, even some of the characters) either won't make any sense or will seem incredibly fake in any other country / culture. That's what made the pilot a total cringefest to me.

yupp, skins USA,

I could see where it had potential but even before watching it I had an idea of how it already was going to be like, what sucked even more was skins usa was shot in my city (thats not in the u.s)  literally a 10-15 minute walk away from my house so a lot of locations were easy to spot and a lot of childhood memories ruined lol.

I'll probably post this on my status later bbuutt I met Jack O'Connell last night at his movie premiere for Starred Up

Such a nice guy and great film..He spoke about Skins for a brief second (cause some moron during the Q&A compared him to Tom Hardy in

Bronson thinking that's where he got his inspiration + Commenting on Skins..Jack took it well and pretty much said He made characters his own) -

This girl outside was like "Ohh can you say I'm Fuckin Cook" In FULL character :wat:

I blocked out my face cause half way through the photo I was talking so its all derpy (my sister believes I was posing and I wasn't :facepalm: )

6oikp4.jpg

tumblr_msw9yzfclq1qfr26oo1_1280.jpg