Guest daytonaxmeth

Miley Cyrus

I've read nothing but bad things about it and I am just plain TIRED of giving these white girls chances with country pop albums. I'm just gonna skip the whole thing honestly 

Miley's roots are very much country-based. And she does it really well.

'Rainbowland' is my fav. 'Younger Now' anyway and 'Miss you so much' is pretty awesome too - sounds very much like Miranda Lambert / Pistol Annies stuff even though this does not make sense at all: 'They say good things come to those who wait / It’s like countin' in light years'

The light year is a unit of length used to express astronomical distances. It actually has nothing to do with 'time'. So many people worked on that record but nobody knew?  :bye2:

​'She's not him' reminded me of her Dead Petz sound... 

I actually think she suits the Dead Petz sound much better than country. That experimental stuff she did with her vocals, the way she played with the sounds and how it was all really psychadelic, i think Miley is incredibly fitting with that sound. She should definitely stick to it because it compliments her voice much better. I think she pulled off that dreamlike sound really well. Much better than pop or country.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I actually think she suits the Dead Petz sound much better than country. That experimental stuff she did with her vocals, the way she played with the sounds and how it was all really psychadelic, i think Miley is incredibly fitting with that sound. She should definitely stick to it because it compliments her voice much better. I think she pulled off that dreamlike sound really well. Much better than pop or country.

As she is very good at everything I hope she'll keep on experimenting. IMO almost every genre fits her voice. I wouldn't mind to get a Jazz record or even some Latin songs.

This was so good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DqlM9kWNMQ

Or this show with Bill and George: 

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=miley+cyrus+bill+murray

Her Nu Country album is great - it surely was a record she wanted to make and her voice was not in focus this time rather more the way she's felt for the last 2 years. I hope she will be on tour with 'Younger Now' - the live versions of some new songs she performed sounded much better than the album versions. Even during her 'Bangerz' tour she already added country music elements to some songs. I love this genre, it reminds me of my lil village where I grew up. 

She's the Queen of Everything.  :flutter:

oh my god Jimmy Fallon is the most annoying man on earth... he literally has such a punchable face

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2017/10/miley-cyrus-fcking-hate-charts/

yikes. you can't decide to shun your past and then release an ugly song about it, let alone try out this new hypocritical saint shit persona, and then get pissy when both the GP and critics think both your attempt and product is utter garbage

lil girl thought by going for a more personal album she'd at least get some grammies- the only good major personal album this year has been Rainbow. I loved her during Bangerz if then she did walk a heavy line of trying to act black for shock factor; but the whole switch to YN was poor and hard to watch. If she tries country roots again she'll flop and if she tries pop she'd be seen as a sellout

her career could possibly be over

im ok with it :whatever2:

Lol yeah thats really hypocritical, she loves the charts when she's on top of them.

Also, as much as I like the music this era, she is so fucking boring! I'll always love her but I wish she had some sort of gimmick/was more controversial/problematic because the era has been such a nonevent. I wonder what the tour will be like 

FzytWEW.png