♡GagaOopsy♡

Lady Gaga

I can't believe it I can't go wach the movie tonight because I lost my card so I have zero money and my friend who promised to lend me money for it and come with me is chickening out because there are no subtitles. And I would rather kms than watch it in French Canadian. Fmlllll.

ZKcaooE.png

if you are logged into Lanaboards and reading this post, YOU NEED TO SEE A STAR IS BORN IMMEDIATELY. It is the film of the year. I’m not kidding. I’m not exaggerating. You must watch that film. It is so, so so so good

I just came home from watching it. I second this. Wow. This deserves ALL the Oscars.

lABVyGE.png

Soundtrack is cool definitely some weak moments like the tracks that are supposed to be standard pop tracks, she is definitely oversinging at some points. The songs are like storytelling devices so it's understandable the lyrics can be a too literal and kind of cringeworthy at some points so whatever.

Shallow and Diggin' My Grave are GREAT, I love them. Is That Alright? and Look What I Found are so good too definitely the standouts! I have to see the move when I get a chance.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I can't believe it I can't go wach the movie tonight because I lost my card so I have zero money and my friend who promised to lend me money for it and come with me is chickening out because there are no subtitles. And I would rather kms than watch it in French Canadian. Fmlllll.

Update!!!! I begged and moaned and cried to both my landlord and my roommate so I am deffff seeing it in 2h  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

ZKcaooE.png

Sorry if this is too out of topic - but was The Cure originally intended to be a part of the soundtrack? I remember that the film got pushed back and the soundtrack was originally going to be promoted as an album... Anyways the glamour shots of Gaga in the album booklet show her with the brunette hair and the same blue satin blouse that's in the single art for The Cure. Lyrically and sonically I could see it fitting in.

Sorry if this is too out of topic - but was The Cure originally intended to be a part of the soundtrack? I remember that the film got pushed back and the soundtrack was originally going to be promoted as an album... Anyways the glamour shots of Gaga in the album booklet show her with the brunette hair and the same blue satin blouse that's in the single art for The Cure. Lyrically and sonically I could see it fitting in.

im pretty sure it was but its not confirmed

most likely

wasn't there a Heal Me snippet going around a while ago, like last year, but labeled as a Cure demo? i swear when i listened to that song it instantly sounded familiar

9ISvyf0.gif

most likely

wasn't there a Heal Me snippet going around a while ago, like last year, but labeled as a Cure demo? i swear when i listened to that song it instantly sounded familiar

Not at all, what happened is that while Gaga shot scenes with Heal Me, people found a way of filming it and everyone kinda always mentioned that the song was similirar to the cure. The snippet was spread like wildfire 

They all came from the same sessions (Gaga has been working on this ever since Joanne came out. From early as January 2017 we know she was in Studio working with people). Some fans thought that she was working LG6 during Joanne and the whole "2018RadioIsOurs" was about LG6 but it was all about ASIB lol

Just came back, I'm absolutely crushed. I adored it. I had an amazing theatre experience, it was a 9pm30 screening on a Friday of release so it was packed full but I still got a really good place, and the demographic was hilarious, absolutely everyone was 25 or lower, and it comprised ONLY of obviously gay guys with their straight girl friends accompanying them, everyone laughing really hard and crying really loud, it reminded me of when I saw Twilight 2 on day of release lol, I adore crowd experiences like this. And I adored the movie, idk what to say more about that I think yall know why I loved it. I knew Shangela was in it and her role was small but I think she rocked it and it's so fucking amazing to see modern drag this mainstream, and I was SO HAPPY to see Willam I had no idea he was there and he has like 1min of screentime but he was hilarious all along. I don't know Bradley Cooper at all so I was super pleasantly surprised, I loved his acting so much and the first song in the movie that he wrote is AMAZING. Overall my favourite songs from the soundtrack as a whole, not just Gaga, are Black Eyes and Is That Alright?. ITA is absolutely fucking incredible. I adore when Gaga does songs like this, her voice explodes with emotion, it reminds me of Dope, it's one of the best songs in her career

I honestly didn't liked the songs she made for Ally though, it was purely generic pop and it reminds me sorta of Dua whose music I dislike. I don't like Shallow as well but it's my poor taste

And I'm glad The Cure wasn't in the movie, would have been all the wrong vibe

EDIT: and the Grammys scene was unbearable to watch. I couldn't. Call ma pussy but secondhand embarrassment is a no no

ZKcaooE.png

Anyone caught if the trailer scene where she removes her shirt or bathrobe I can't quite catch it, is in the movie? I know exactly in which scene it would be but I don't recall seeing this shot in particular and trust me I was looking for it the whole movie

ZKcaooE.png