Sign in to follow this  
pinupgirls

Russia *bans* homosexuality

Well honestly it is actually outdated institution for me. But its my opinion and whatever happens I wont mind. I am maybe a little bit influenced by my christian roots because marriage is for me more of religious act of uniting man and woman in front of God than just law act.

I think the church can deny gay marriage. Its their right IMO. The State on the other hand can not deny that right. The State is for all citizens and gays are citizens just like any other. There for the State should be obligated to reconize gay rights: civil marriage and also adoption.

A religion IMO its not obligated to accept or reconize gay marriage. Faith is faith and like it or not since no one can prove the existence of one particular God or even God itself you have a variety of religions to choose, it's particular and a choice. Not a law is just faith. Operates for individuals not society in general. The State shouldn't operate by anyway under religious influence. Every State to be fair and balanced has to be laic.  I think such thing, denying equality to Gays and Lesbians makes a religion absolute but thats one thing is just my opinion and I can choose a religion that fits my thoughts that are based in equality for all human beings. The State on the other hand is here to serve us all as equals there for should be unconstitutional to deny any right to a particular citizen based on their sexual preferences.

I am ok with catholic church, or any other religion,  not allowing gay marriage but makes me cringe when the State denies equality to all their citizens.  Basically I think this Russian campaign should be unconstitutional because damages the rights of a part of Russians population.

glgcDdT.gif