sweetlana

Lana Del Rey Interviewed By Electronics Beats Magazine

...completely in shock that this actually happened...  :hdu:

honestly I think that a personality disorder, though unlikely, could explain a lot of things. I'm definitely not saying that it's probable, but it's interesting to think about... this interview definitely doesn't show the "cute lana" that we see most of the time

i'm in love with her more feisty side :creepna: 

4r9w86.jpg

It makes me upset to think that the fame might be getting to her a bit but I still found this one of the most interesting interviews.

I think she just watches what she says though because she knows people are going to pick up on everything she says but she expects that from her haters~, I think she needs her fans. I just got the feeling she felt quite angry that day.

I'm pretty shocked by some of the feedback in this thread though! Not that I expect everyone to stick by her no matter what, I was just genuinely surprised. I guess I'd be a bit annoyed if I was American though.

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

...completely in shock that this actually happened...  :hdu:

honestly I think that a personality disorder, though unlikely, could explain a lot of things. I'm definitely not saying that it's probable, but it's interesting to think about... this interview definitely doesn't show the "cute lana" that we see most of the time

I think it's just one of the many facets of Lana Del Rey. You see the cutesy, fun side when she's on stage/ with her fans~ and I think that's genuine, I don't think you can really fake that.  And then sometimes, with the press, she comes off as cold and aloof. I think she was a girl who is so used to being liked or accepted and wasn't prepared for criticism.  She's sweet to the people that she knows love her already, and wary or perhaps even snotty to interviewers. (You may recall the Oyster mag interview where she continuously asks the interviewer if they like her music or not and then Fearne interviews- she is always kind because she knows Fearne is a fan) I mean, when you think back to her Lizzy Grant interviews, I believe all of them garnered praise, none of them were really negative.  It's like someone needs to tell her that not everyone is going to like you, and that's okay.  I also think she tries to give the appearance that she doesn't care what people think but that couldn't be further from the truth. (After all, we all do to some extent)  I wanna be the whole world's girl may be her most narrative lyric in LDR existence, imo. She wants everyone to like her, and because she got so much criticism after SNL from her home country, she's kind of turned her nose up at America.. as if it is impossible for us to comprehend her deeply philosophical lyrics,~pepsi cola pussy- that's ayn rand, right?? Criticism is a part of life, I agree it was in excess following SNL, but as I've said before, the press has moved on and so should she. I mean, Y&B even charted higher in the US!

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

Hmmm, I'd have to say I don't like her attitude in this interview, with the constant cussing throughout and the very dramatic answers to some questions, but I feel like she was laid back more in this interview since it was her first American interview in a while and I somewhat feel that's why she was acting and answering the way she did. Still, I didn't like it at too much, with the most disappointing part being that Lana said she's heading her new album with the "Paradise" sound.

I don't even know.

HAHAHA sorry but i die every time lana talks about """"being bad"""". She conveys it well in music, but its just not believable irl. like... this? oh god, come on

"I was a bad girl, but I’m good now. I guess I have some bad tendencies. I don’t like to do hurtful things, but I am drawn to the wild side. I love riding motorcycles; I love rollercoasters; I do like adrenaline."

roller coasters?  :lmao:

also:

"Paradise is my favorite record, I love it."

iBOQJqqbrdoH.gif

tumblr_pinn5thM7y1y0ns5so1_400.gif

Hmmm, I'd have to say I don't like her attitude in this interview, with the constant cussing throughout and the very dramatic answers to some questions, but I feel like she was laid back more in this interview since it was her first American interview in a while and I somewhat feel that's why she was acting and answering the way she did. Still, I didn't like it at too much, with the most disappointing part being that Lana said she's heading her new album with the "Paradise" sound.

I don't even know.

I'd actually be happy with another record like paradise. it's my favorite record that lana's done, especially body electric and bel air 

tumblr_mg7j6rudk51qmosg3o1_500.gif

I'd actually be happy with another record like paradise. it's my favorite record that lana's done, especially body electric and bel air

Yeah, don't get me wrong, there are some really good tracks on it with really nice production, like Ride, Burning Desire, and American, but in contrast there's the awful reworked Yayo, the almost robotic voice in Body Electric, and various other things. I do love Paradise, but it does not compare to anything Born to Die is and it's not a good direction to head in, in my opinion.

I think it's just one of the many facets of Lana Del Rey. You see the cutesy, fun side when she's on stage/ with her fans~ and I think that's genuine, I don't think you can really fake that.  And then sometimes, with the press, she comes off as cold and aloof. I think she was a girl who is so used to being liked or accepted and wasn't prepared for criticism.  She's sweet to the people that she knows love her already, and wary or perhaps even snotty to interviewers. (You may recall the Oyster mag interview where she continuously asks the interviewer if they like her music or not and then Fearne interviews- she is always kind because she knows Fearne is a fan) I mean, when you think back to her Lizzy Grant interviews, I believe all of them garnered praise, none of them were really negative.  It's like someone needs to tell her that not everyone is going to like you, and that's okay.  I also think she tries to give the appearance that she doesn't care what people think but that couldn't be further from the truth. (After all, we all do to some extent)  I wanna be the whole world's girl may be her most narrative lyric in LDR existence, imo. She wants everyone to like her, and because she got so much criticism after SNL from her home country, she's kind of turned her nose up at America.. as if it is impossible for us to comprehend her deeply philosophical lyrics,~pepsi cola pussy- that's ayn rand, right?? Criticism is a part of life, I agree it was in excess following SNL, but as I've said before, the press has moved on and so should she. I mean, Y&B even charted higher in the US!

I remember another quote where an interviewer asked her something like "has anyone from you've lost touch with contacted you again now your famous" and she replied like "It's nice to be liked I don't care about the reasons"

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

as if it is impossible for us to comprehend her deeply philosophical lyrics,~pepsi cola pussy- that's ayn rand, right??

:D perfect haha

Yea, I agree, it has a lot to do with her taking criticism like a personal attack and wanting to be liked by everyone. Which is a shame, because she's such a smart and deep-thinking person that she should know better. She makes me a bit sad sometimes with interviews like this, just because there seems to be a lot of internal struggle and thinking over and over again about pointless things (press saying untrue shit about her? yeah, that's unheard of)  that she consumes herself over, then tries to put up fronts, then to justify herself. I wish she'd have a 'I don't care attitude' but it's quite the opposite, she seems to care too much. 

^ haha no way?

She did say that  :pft: 'I don't care why they like me as long as they like me, I just like it when it's easy' something like that   

edit: http://missamerica-cause-i-am.tumblr.com/post/39702842021/aw-sweetheart does anyone know what interview is it in? (don't think I heard her say it, can't remember) would be nice to be a fake gifset or something but idk

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif

maybe she was already a bit on the defense before the interview even started, given that (like she says), this is the first american publication that she's done in a while. and it was done with a woman (w/ no profile picture). i'm pretty sure her whole ~anti me theory is like 70% female related. and to be fair, the interviewer did come off a bit condescending / short with her at the beginning (IMO). not sure how this was conducted, but i'm assuming it was over the phone where intonation can still play an anxiety provoking role. if i asked someone a question and they responded with a 'no . . .' i'd feel like i was being stabbed with a condescending needle 

'you think you're a gypsy' 

'your music and your image often seem inseparable'

'because there does seem to be a disconnect between your public image and . . .' 

'do you have opinions on healthcare reform, or . . . yeah? lets hear them' 

and so on. i mean, i can't decide if i think the interviewer is being callous or if i appreciate (both) the line of questioning and the way in which she asked. even if i don't particularly love this side of lana, it was still a strong and (somewhat) interesting reaction. it shows (yet) another side of her personality. i think when lana feels backed into a corner with a heavy-handed line of questioning, she feels the need to wave her dick around cause she knows its the biggest one in the room. oh i had ~millions of shows to book. most people aren't as interesting or ~deep as barrie and i

as for having some kind of personality disorder (re: MBTI)? absolutely. and shades of many -- i'd say histrionic, narcissistic, and borderline for sure. so it must be hard for her; having people constantly trying to define her. trying to reconcile every facet of her being into one clearly defined... thing. these kinds of interviews are interesting for the reader since they're obviously (still) questioning her intellect, character, authenticity, etc... but for her, these kinds of questions must be extremely stressful. i empathize with her situation but i hope she reads this back and realizes that she comes off like an unlikeable bitch 

still lmao that she mentions wanting to kill people. love her so much 

ZRBNill.jpg

ure really overreacting  :facepalm: , u know lana is potraying a character, so obviusly shes acting here and in all her interviews, and with all her management and staff behind her, they probably say to her things to say too

I totally agree, BE is flawless.

Just imagine a 16-track album like Paradise...it would be beautiful :flutter:

But it will be different, she said that they are using a Spanish guitar and different instrumentation, and her lyrical themes are shifting too, more spiritual, and as she said here, now she writes about different things than she did with BTD

Thanks for that really interesting interview! I'm happy to hear that her new stuff in in the "Paradise"-vein because I really love this record. A lot. Can't wait to listen to some of her new stuff... maybe some of it will leak in the near future. ;)

G-d, what a bitchy attitude-- she seems to be getting defensive about the smallest things. I guess she really doesn't want to let on that she reinvented herself to an extent.. She also keeps on spilling the same nonsense every interview. There's nothing new about half of the stuff she's said.

I'm worried about this next record. i feel like it's just going to be a bore. still!! smh, talking about the new tracks would've bumped up this interview.

VyIsfwC.jpg

The Paradise Tour was a fantastic achievement by her, and a great progress in many ways. But it came with a heavy price. She needs to rest and regain her good spirits.

Very true. She must be shattered and she's not used to being in America, she'll cheer up soon, she's a very happy person.

But it will be different, she said that they are using a Spanish guitar and different instrumentation, and her lyrical themes are shifting too, more spiritual, and as she said here, now she writes about different things than she did with BTD

I'm really excited for the new album. I think one of the reasons she said she likes Paradise more is, like you said, her lyrical themes have altered and so she probably feels it's more personal to her, she's changing just like everyone does.

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

It annoys me that she keeps denying the fact that her family's wealthy and her attitude in this interview, she seemed like such a BITCH. What happened?? Maybe she was just having a bad day or didn't like the interviewers questions. Either way... I hate most of her answers.

devUz2O.png