Sign in to follow this  
Trash Magic

Lissie

New album My Wild West out February 12, 2016.

1446488060LissieMyWildWestalbumcover.jpg

1. My Wild West Overture

2. Hollywood

3. Wild West

4. Hero

5. Sun Keeps Risin'

6. Don't You Give Up On Me

7. Stay

8. Daughters

9. Together Or Apart

10. Shroud

11. Go For A Walk

12. Ojai

Acclaimed folk rock singer-songwriter Lissie has has returned with “Hero,” the first single from her upcoming album My Wild West.

This new album was inspired by Lissie’s return to the Midwest after living in California for two years and focuses on the struggles she faced while out west. “Hero” is one of the release’s strongest moments, with light, western-inspired horns with guitar to match. Lyrically, Lissie’s as strong as ever, setting a tone of steadfast perseverance through moments of self-doubt.

Pre-Order

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

the legend has "released" a free E.P. "Love In The City" with all the promo of a youtube video description  :D

https://secure.sonymusic.co.uk/signup/lissie/Lissie_FormGenerator_LoveInTheCityEP_Download.html

2 of the 3 songs will be on the album

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

And I love Lana Del Rey’s album. I think she is someone who I wasn’t really feeling her vibe, because I was just being a bitchy girl. I think I was like, ‘oh she’s glamorous, I don’t like her.’ (laughs) I didn’t want to like her. But then I got her album and I love it, I love the entire thing. It’s like she’s creating a whole world, it’s not just music. I feel like it’s very evocative of another era or something. It haunts you. She’s a good storyteller, I don’t know how much of it is like a character, but I feel like she could write a novel and I’d want to read it.

Did you watch her SNL debacle?

After I saw that, and saw how mean people were being, it made me like her more. Because, you know what, not everyone that is good in the studio is necessarily good live. I think my problem for a long time was that I’m kind of better live than I am in the studio.

- See more at: http://www.metro.us/newyork/entertainment/arts/2013/05/22/qa-lissie-on-red-wine-wishing-lana-del-rey-would-write-a-novel-metallica-and-not-being-able-to-do-the-hollywood-thing/#sthash.jFnn3dbu.dpuf

I love the fact she has a new song on a physical release that is already available to buy but the song is not online. :flutter: I wish this happened with more artists

continued praise for Lana

You know who I really love actually, who I think is an incredible songwriter and I’m just fascinated by her? Lana del Rey. If you listen to her whole album she just evokes these emotions using imagery. She kind of repeats some of her images but you feel like her whole album is this concise story that she’s telling you. I know that people in the beginning were giving her a hard time because she’s very image driven but she’s an amazing songwriter in my opinion. I think she’s great. And then there’s the new Tegan and Sara album. It’s full on pop music but it’s great, just really well crafted.

OMG if you are in the US you can stream the album here:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/lissie-bares-her-soul-on-back-to-forever-album-premiere-20130930

if anyone cares  :biblio:  :biblio:  :biblio:  :biblio:  :biblio:  :biblio:  :noparty:  :noparty:  :noparty:  :noparty:

#FuckLorde

Whilst being hailed as "the female Elvis" David Lynch, Lissie is gearing up to release her first independent LP in January next year, titled "My Wild West"

watch her sing a track from the album called "OJAI" below

http://fox6now.com/2015/08/04/lissie-previews-performance-ahead-of-debut-at-turner-hall-ballroom-on-road-to-ragbrai-tour/

this video is so mean  :deadbanana:  she missed a note so they cut her performance short 

also check a new cover here:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/6670378/lissie-donovan-cover-happiness-runs-exclusive

Buy her music

N9hvZif.gif

the album is very emotional. I think my favourite album tracks are Together or Apart and Ojai. Daughters is so different for her, the melody is crazy I love it