Sign in to follow this  
Trash Magic

Lissie

Each one of her albums is always so solid. I met her yesterday she is so nice and it's really impressive what they're doing completely independently. Support the album!

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

'Castles' is a wonderful album. It reminds me of Lana's Ultraviolence album, especially 'Crazy Girl' has Lana vibes (F*cked my way up to the top). I can hear Roxette vibes on 'Feels Good'. Some other songs remind me of Michelle Branch. Lissie's albums are fun.

My favs: Crazy Girl, Feels Good, What Am I Gonna Do

She's such an amazing artist. 'Boyfriend' is my current favorite from the new record  :bop:

TjmiIK4.png

Some interesting news.

I admire and respect @@lanadelrey so very much! Her music has been my go to in some heavy and happy times, so I was completely blown away to hear from her on IG messenger asking if I wanted to do some shows with her?!!! What an absolute angel! Soooo honored & excited to be opening up & singing with her in KC on 11/14 & Nashville on 11/19! Also, her new album is unbelievably beautiful!

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Omg I can’t wait to see this duet. The piano version album she put out was a surprise. I was expecting to find it meh but honestly I think it made me a like a bunch of her songs I didn’t care for before, and Dreams is so overdone but she actually won me over with her cover.

They sang "They All Want You" together! Alex live-streamed it, and although the quality was iffy, it sounded lovely x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

32 minutes ago, Trash Magic said:

Lissie is releasing a studio cover of Change by Lana as part of her new covers EP out Nov 27!

Hopefully Lana will take notice :) 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG-8O7_n26R/ 

Damn should have covered NFR (song)

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Shot in the dark because this lady does not get the recognition she deserves

Anything like a masterpost for her around? I know nothing of any unreleased songs, there are so many covers, and then also duets I want to hear. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

On 10/4/2021 at 12:43 AM, NamiraWilhelm said:

Shot in the dark because this lady does not get the recognition she deserves

Anything like a masterpost for her around? I know nothing of any unreleased songs, there are so many covers, and then also duets I want to hear. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I can upload my collection of unreleased stuff when I’m at my laptop. She just released an album of unreleased stuff (which I didn’t totally love) and a 10-year anniversary edition of Catching A Tiger with previously unreleased outtakes (all of which are AMAZING) so definitely check those out in the meantime

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

On 10/15/2021 at 6:31 AM, Trash Magic said:

I can upload my collection of unreleased stuff when I’m at my laptop. She just released an album of unreleased stuff (which I didn’t totally love) and a 10-year anniversary edition of Catching A Tiger with previously unreleased outtakes (all of which are AMAZING) so definitely check those out in the meantime

That would be amazing, thank you

I bought it! Just saving it for a road trip next week :wub:

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

Listening for the thousandth time to the covers EP 'Covered Up With Flowers', and it's stunning to be reminded that Miley's cover of 'Nothing Else Matters' is more a cover of this than it is of the Metallica original.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png