Viva

"The Gay Cure"

Dear, an article on google? really? I have studied psychology! A lot of researches have tried to discredit Freuds theories so far to not avail. The stages that Freud provided science with, have been the concrete base to psychoanalysis. Have you read any recent books about children's psychology, they all come to the same point, the point Freud stated. Its hard to accept that our sexuality drives all of our life cause its just an instinct and we feel the need to beleive that we are superior than other creatures. But our whole personality forms through our sexuality.

I acknowledged the fact that Freud's theories were the building blocks to how we have come to understand childhood development, but as with anything in science, the more that we come to know as technology advances, the more we begin to find fallacies and erroneous areas in our old presumptions.  While I won't deny sexuality's possible influence, it is certainly a broad statement to say it is the basis of our personality when environment certainly serves a role, among other things. I'm not saying it's wrong, or that you are, and I never said I personally disagreed with Freud's theories, but I agree to a degree with many of his theories. It's not a matter of "acceptance," only perspective and experience. My sexuality had less to do with what I made of my life and personality than environment and circumstance did. Sure, sexuality can garner the attraction of different circumstances that a person will encounter in their life, but I only think sexuality matters to a degree. Even then I don't think that anything with sexuality should be connoted as a psychological disease where it should be treated with reparative therapy that has been proven to be far more dangerous to the psychological well-being of the person. Freud didn't even believe in treating "sexual deviance," especially in the individual.

I acknowledged the fact that Freud's theories were the building blocks to how we have come to understand childhood development, but as with anything in science, the more that we come to know as technology advances, the more we begin to find fallacies and erroneous areas in our old presumptions.  While I won't deny sexuality's possible influence, it is certainly a broad statement to say it is the basis of our personality when environment certainly serves a role, among other things. I'm not saying it's wrong, or that you are, and I never said I personally disagreed with Freud's theories, but I agree to a degree with many of his theories. It's not a matter of "acceptance," only perspective and experience. My sexuality had less to do with what I made of my life and personality than environment and circumstance did. Sure, sexuality can garner the attraction of different circumstances that a person will encounter in their life, but I only think sexuality matters to a degree. Even then I don't think that anything with sexuality should be connoted as a psychological disease where it should be treated with reparative therapy that has been proven to be far more dangerous to the psychological well-being of the person. Freud didn't even believe in treating "sexual deviance," especially in the individual.

Youre right in that last part he never exclusively concerned himself with sexual deviance. The fact that you call it a sexual deviance makes you seem like you agree with me. OF COURSE ITS NOT A DISEASE. Freud liked to concern himself with departing behaviors to a degree that he could answer why. I dont actually beleive that he tried to help anyone. Whatever he did or said was for his own personal understanding since psychoanalysis was a passion for him. As for the first part, there hasnt been much advance in psychoanalysis. facts are facts. Plus the envinment and the circumstances are the most significant factors due to the fact that THEY form our sexuality (of course Im talking about the circumstances we face in early childhood) and our sexuality affects (maybe I was a bit strict to say that its the only factor that forms it) at the most part our personality! though circumstances have  agreat place to our point of view, sexuality is the base that moves us, And that base is subconscious thats why its so difficult to understand its influence. 

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK Amo.

I think I am going to make a blog for Gretchen hahahahhaa

No one can top the magic trash that is Conga hhahahaha

and  Baby is also trash magic. She had a son with the holly spirit after all!! :lmao:

glgcDdT.gif

:creepna: The good thing about this board is that doesn't really matter what was the original theme of the thread because it always  finishes as a sex thread. Love it. :godlaugh:

Yes Yes Yes  :blush:  :toofunny:

qqAZ3mU.png

As far as the church denying gay marriage, I think it goes back to what I said before, which is that God loves everyone. He created man as equals and to not accept that is ridiculous because you stop paying attention to the person and only judge them based on their 'sins'. If they wanted to play that card from the Bible (people may not lay with people of the same gender), then they would also have to, in a word, shun people who had sex before marriage or people that got divorced or even men who don't have beards (according to the Old Testament) and you don't see them doing that at all. Those people are accepted into churches without a second thought, so why draw the line at gays? That's just my opinion. 

OMFG i love you! I couldn't agree with you more!

When the State starts to be influenced by any religion thoughts and actions things start to became a mess. This same Senator is creating another law called "Bolsa Estupro" (rape support basically). Evangelics are against abortion so this other absurd incentive he is trying to create and pass as a constitutional right is to give money to womens that got pregnant after being raped. Basically give money to them so they keep the child. A child of rape can you imagine that? The governement will give money to the pregnant victim of abuse until they find the father (aka the rapist) and when they find the dispicable excuse for human being they will make him pay child support. By law the father will be involved in the kids life. How absurd is that? That is one thing I am learning is that you can never take things for granted when the subject is rights and democracy. When they get a law such as "A Cura Gay"  (the gay cure) to pass they start to think they can actually make the State a religious stabelishment. That makes me go crazy.

There is this one girl that is hard core Evangelic in one of my classes and the things she says makes me wanna pull my eyebrows out with my fingers. That way I would concentrate on my own pain and forget what is coming out of her dirty little mouth. Just makes me crazy those people. I am kind of religious and spiritual myself and I do have a open mind and try my best to respect others but sometimes people forget that our rights ends when the rights of others begin.

glgcDdT.gif

OMFG i love you! I couldn't agree with you more!

When the State starts to be influenced by any religion thoughts and actions things start to became a mess. This same Senator is creating another law called "Bolsa Estupro" (rape support basically). Evangelics are against abortion so this other absurd incentive he is trying to create and pass as a constitutional right is to give money to womens that got pregnant after being raped. Basically give money to them so they keep the child. A child of rape can you imagine that? The governement will give money to the pregnant victim of abuse until they find the father (aka the rapist) and when they find the dispicable excuse for human being they will make him pay child support. By law the father will be involved in the kids life. How absurd is that? That is one thing I am learning is that you can never take things for granted when the subject is rights and democracy. When they get a law such as "A Cura Gay"  (the gay cure) to pass they start to think they can actually make the State a religious stabelishment. That makes me go crazy.

There is this one girl that is hard core Evangelic in one of my classes and the things she says makes me wanna pull my eyebrows out with my fingers. That way I would concentrate on my own pain and forget what is coming out of her dirty little mouth. Just makes me crazy those people. I am kind of religious and spiritual myself and I do have a open mind and try my best to respect others but sometimes people forget that our rights ends when the rights of others begin.

On point. Those evangelics in the congress is pathetic.

Você tem ido nos protestos?

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK Amo.

Tenho medo dessa mulher

I would really want to know their plans of "curing" gays. It just sounds so mad to me that i cant even stop laughing at this. Yes, homosexuality is some sort of abnormality of average norm in society but it is natural for people who are gays. And whats the problem with it ? It doesnt hurt anyone, its just a personal matter of anyone with whom they sleep with

I was also shocked when i asked my friends (btw college students) what they thought about the "source" of homosexuality in a person. Most of them told me they thought it is matter of psychological influences - such as broken family with dysfunctional dad and people then seek for his support and appreciation in other males. They strictly refused it´s biological matter (it is in our brain, how it works and we were born with it). I dont really understand their statement. Yes you can search for a substitute dad but will it make you be sexually attracted by men ? I dont think so. Im not really suprised now that some people  want to really treat it with psychology if their opinion is we have this gay behaviour in our unconscious from family issues and society around us. They take Freuds´ doctrines too literally and honestly they were not perfect too with such a small knowledge of how brain works and of genetics.

is there an update on this

also

On 6/22/2013 at 7:50 PM, Viva said:

- Feliciano I am feeling a little lezbo today. Can I have a medical certificate so I don't have to attend classes?

- Feliciano I feel very gay today. Can I have a medical certificate so I don't have to go to work?

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden