Divisive Princess

The 1975

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyaHjtAr960

This is a great song, but the half-drunk sounding drum beat is somewhat distracting and feels like it's just doing it for the sake of doing something different or offbeat... and this is coming from a drummer lol. I think I get what it's going for, but it almost seems to lack structure and finesse.

The more I listen to it, I guess I get used to it... but just a minor gripe. I've heard rumors of a new single this week possibly though. Really liking the collab on "Narcissist" with No Rome as well.

I didn't really like "Give Yourself a Try" until recently tbh... It's like I was expecting something "safer" for their first single I guess... but it just wasn't what I was hoping for at first... The other day though, it came on the YouTube rotation and I just listened to it for what it is and happened to really enjoy it. I think it was just an odd first single.

"Love It If We Made It" and "TOOTIME..." really kinda made up for what I was hoping to hear out of them... Just great, trademark "The 1975" sorts of songs, "Sincerity..." kinda had me conflicted, but now it's whatever... and now this new one was great from first listen.

I definitely feel like they're making some odd production choices though at times, just for the sake of it, and I know it's kinda putting me off at first. A friend of mine also, he's picking up on it... but he's even more upset about it than I am. :toofunny: