rubytuesday

Bonnie McKee

American Girl

Bonnie's been writing for tons of artists the past four years, Katy Perry, Britney, Ke$ha ect. and now she's coming out with her second album - this is the lead single American Girl. The video isn't the final, but she's managed to get some of the people she's worked with involved. Katy Perry, Ke$ha, Carly R Jepsen, Macklemore, Jewel ect.

She got signed at 16 and recorded her debut album Trouble which was released in 2004. Her label's marketing strategies backfired and she sold hardly any iirc. The label dropped her in 2007 and after that she started writing songs for other people. Her big break was Katy Perry's Teenage Dream, where she wrote several including the title track. Since then she's been pretty much dominating the charts, she works with Max Martin and Dr Luke a lot and her own album is supposed to be coming out sometime this year.

I love her, been a fan for ages, even though I'm not 100% sold on the new sound, I guess she needs a break though. Hope this gives it to her, she really deserves it, Trouble is beautiful and she gave all those singers so many #1s.

I have gold in my veins

In case you don't know who she is, she has basically written a ton of top tens for Katy Perry, Taio Cruz, Ke$ha, and tons of other big celebrities. She herself though, has been constantly trying to make it, yet for some reason hasn't. She has one multiple awards and have written 10+ number one singles....and the song "American girl" which is her lead single is pretty catchy and I love it a lot, even though the lyrics aren't great. I don't get it! I mean she is promoting the single in the spring of 2014, but how hasn't she already became huge if shes helped so many other people become huge? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Uh6VZF0R5U

7338e157b4b318699b988ced0289df17.gif

should have been a blog post

No ones interested in her because she doesnt have a set style or a gimmick

also wtf was she thinking, she signed the same deal that Kesha did with Dr Luke..lmao poor girl

Maybe it's because she naturally sounds like the artists she has written for?  :creep: "American Girl" could easily be a Katy Perry single, and to be honest, I find that Bonnie McKee's voice is close to ordinary. She's got her techniques in tact, but I don't think her voice is specifically chart-appealing. If you look at her counterparts Rihanna, Ke$ha, Katy Perry, etc. They're all easily recognizable, whether it's a unique voice, auto-tune gimmick or easily chewable bubblegum pop. 

It's hard to judge by one single only, but I think Bonnie McKee has about the same chances as every other trying to follow the footsteps of those who succeeded. 

She got a fighting chance with American Girl because I heard it playing on the radio and it was on the VH1 Top 20 Countdown over the summer at one point. While this isn't the super stardom she was probably looking for, it's a pretty good start because her name is getting out there. I also recall hearing an ad on the radio saying she's performing somewhere so it shows that people probably like her music. She's getting a start but she only has one single out, apart from the other stuff she's released in the past, I think once she releases an album it COULD  be a different story.

tumblr_ma0935r5Ds1rbghbvo1_500.gif

I dont get it either.

Well............ to be honest.....:smokes3: .....

With Katy Perry already being as big as she is WITH Bonnie's songs.... Bonnie is going to be fighting an uphill battle to separate herself from her own songs (if that makes sense)

She has to pull a drastic move, or something.

Jenny's got a boyfriend tea:

It was late 2012, and my friend Cory Nitta said bonnie mckee wanted him to redo one of her songs so she sent him an acapella and an instrumental track .. i scrapped the instrumental track and wrote all new chords and beats underneath the acapella and then Cory tightened up the production and mix.. 
i was a little shocked how easy and fun it was to write over her vocals - anyone who can sing and write like that has a lot of my respect - anyways i went to a couple parties at her house and she seems pretty cool. i remember there was like an ASCAP award for "teenage dream" above her piano in the living room and i was like damn .... So .. we sent this back to her and she loved it but nothing ended up happening with the song cos (NOTHING EVER ENDS UP HAPPENING WITH ANYBODY'S SONGS COS THERE IS A SMALL OLD DAVID LYNCH-IAN MAN IN A DARK ROOM SOMEWHERE IN THIS TOWN CONTROLLING EVERYTHING AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT)

https://soundcloud.com/sam-mehran/bonnie-mckee-jenny-got-a-boyfriend