Sitar

Perfume Genius

Perfume+Genius++correctly+cropp.png

"Mike Hadreas, also known as Perfume Genius is a singer/songwriter from Seattle, Washington, US. Perfume Genius began when he moved from New York to his mother’s home in Everett, WA. In these relatively isolated conditions, Hadreas felt a compulsion to make music and began composing fragile yet brutally honest songs on the piano. By 2008 he had set up a MySpace page and began offering his music there, along with similarly spare and evocative homemade music videos. Turnstile released the single Mr. Peterson — the tale of a suicidal, pedophile high-school teacher — in 2009. Perfume Genius’ full-length debut, Learning, which presented its tracks in the order in which they were recorded, arrived and released on June 21, 2010."

New album Too Bright out September 23!

Anyone? :pft:

I would never be able to stan for that  :hdu:

Typical little monster :dorothy3:

:hooker:

Don't remember that being the point of the entertainment section, though...?

isn't that the curse of any thread in the entertainment section?

I mean people like you so you at least got some trolly comments on your Pity Sex thread.

I am getting crickets here. Gimme dat endorsement.

Have you listened any? :kim: OP songs are all obv a good place to start.

i've had a listen through to both the albums you gave me but need to listen more. haven't felt myself in the mood for anything too sad recently though~~ don't worry i will.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

i am part of the sadcore club accept me

Ditto!

"Put Ur Back N 2 It" is such an amazing & heartbreaking album (especially when you know the story behind it), EVERYONE should listen to it at least once.

My favourite song is "Hood" - You would never call me baby / If you knew me truly / Oh but I waited so long for your love   :crying2:

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

i am part of the sadcore club accept me

Welcome child.

Ditto!

"Put Ur Back N 2 It" is such an amazing & heartbreaking album (especially when you know the story behind it), EVERYONE should listen to it at least once.

My favourite song is "Hood" - You would never call me baby / If you knew me truly / Oh but I waited so long for your love   :crying2:

OMG a fan prior to this thread, how cool! Yes, I think "Hood" is my favorite as well, it's just too short. Case with most of his songs--like he's getting too emotional so he has to make every song 2 minutes or something :P He has so much sadness even in his love songs. I swear, "Dark Parts" has brought me to tears before. I think the second album is the best, have you heard Learning?

Welcome child.

OMG a fan prior to this thread, how cool! Yes, I think "Hood" is my favorite as well, it's just too short. Case with most of his songs--like he's getting too emotional so he has to make every song 2 minutes or something :P He has so much sadness even in his love songs. I swear, "Dark Parts" has brought me to tears before. I think the second album is the best, have you heard Learning?

I've cried a couple of times while listening to that album, I'm not even ashamed to admit it. Have you ever seen him live? I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't make it through one of his live shows without crying. His music is just so intimate, and sad, and delicate...

Yeah, I've heard it. I prefer the second one as well, but Learning was really haunting too (although so, so short!). I only listened to it after Put Ur Back N 2 It though - I was so mindblown with it, it was hard to top that!

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

I love him, been listening to him for years now...

I think he needs to polish his sound a little bit, but he's amazing...

The lyrics really show how he has crossed ways with hurt...

I hope not, to be honest... I think it really adds to that fragile and intimate (almost diary-like) quality of his music.

Omg, thank you for making this topic! I just found out about him and I really like his music (it almost seems that every artist you listen I also like lol please send me a list with all the flawless artists you listen to, I really need new music from new artists). I just downloaded his 2010 album 'Learning' and 2012 album 'Put Your Back N 2 It'. Mr Peterson one hell of a good song :hair:

wow i love this, their voices sound heavenly together. hello replay button

Omg, thank you for making this topic! I just found out about him and I really like his music (it almost seems that every artist you listen I also like lol please send me a list with all the flawless artists you listen to, I really need new music from new artists). I just downloaded his 2010 album 'Learning' and 2012 album 'Put Your Back N 2 It'. Mr Peterson one hell of a good song :hair:

he has a thread! i love his music

Arpad Miklos is dead??? wtf :icant:

Where you guys been when I needed thread support in fuckin June, this thread flopped.

@@Freaky Rockshow OMG thank you man idt I know any super underground discoveries you haven't heard of yet but you can PM me :flutter:

@@Guy that was so sad, first thing I did when I found out was run to the PG twitter and all there was was a sad picture of them both and nothing else it fucked me up good :icant: