Real Deal

BANKS

great album, love all the emotions pouring out the songs, she's such an unique artist. it also sounds so different? it's so experimental that some songs have to grow on me but i love that she experimented with productions and lyrics. a genius.

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

overall i’d say it was a massively strong and enjoyable effort. i was afraid she was gonna be one of 2019’s very disappointing comebacks but if anything, she just showed all the girls what they wish they would’ve done.

i’m glad this is getting some love from critics and fans alike (so far), considering how quirky and different of a direction it is for her.

a quite cinematic experience and i loved basking in every minute of it. muffy sis the dramatics!

it’s also so unapologetically in your face—the project doesn’t tirelessly beg for your attention, it simply demands it.

the only problem i did have with some of the songs: i couldn’t understand what the hell she was singing for the life of me. giving this a second listen later tonight (with the assistance of lyrics this time) because i do feel there is a lot to look out for in the production that i missed.

The ones that have blown me away are Till Now, Contaminated, Stroke, The Fall, Gimme and IWWMOW for the production (obviously I do like those hard hitting songs). Can't say my definite favourite yet but Contaminated does seem to be the strongest contestant. 

Contaminated is the best song on the album. A true discography highlight.

So far this may be my least favorite album from her (still a good album), but it has the potential to grow on me.

That's what I thought with The Altar at first cause I only liked 3 songs but they all sure as hell grew on me. don't think I can place this album yet. 

Don't know if anyone else

knows what I'm talking about but in a few places there's that really generic "chill wave/lounge" piano sound, like in What About Love, Hawaiian Mazes and Sawzall and I'm just not buying it. If that piano type was in Godess I could have rolled with it cause those sounds weren't as common back then but these days I'm just sick of hearing that noise  :ohno:

Don't know if anyone else

knows what I'm talking about but in a few places there's that really generic "chill wave/lounge" piano sound, like in What About Love, Hawaiian Mazes and Sawzall and I'm just not buying it. If that piano type was in Godess I could have rolled with it cause those sounds weren't as common back then but these days I'm just sick of hearing that noise :ohno:

i actually did notice this as well. i think it might be the reason why i didn’t really care for what about love. i didn’t mind the “vibe” in the other two tracks though. the hawaiian mazes instrumental sounds like mariah carey mixed in with kanye’s flashing lights and sawzall was very matt corby (whom i adore) so i can’t be too mad at them.

Its a shame Till Now is a glorified intro, i like it buy it builds and just...ends.

LWYDTM is still only meh to me but i dont hate it.

Alaska is crap.

Godless is still THAT BITCH.

Gimme makes my bussy SWEATgodt.

Propoganda, Sawzall, Stroke and The Fall are good.

Hawaiin Mazes needs to grow on me but i can see loving it in time. Reminds me of old skool Brandy or something.

Water is nice, typical style of ballad from her.

What About Love is meh.

Ok this album really does have my favourite songs, Contaminated. And also The Fall and Stroke. 

Its a shame Till Now is a glorified intro, i like it buy it builds and just...ends.

LWYDTM is still only meh to me but i dont hate it.

Alaska is crap.

Godless is still THAT BITCH.

Gimme makes my bussy SWEATgodt.

Propoganda, Sawzall, Stroke and The Fall are good.

Hawaiin Mazes needs to grow on me but i can see loving it in time. Reminds me of old skool Brandy or something.

Water is nice, typical style of ballad from her.

What About Love is meh.

These are really my exact opinions except I think Sawzall needs to grow on me too

Is there anything in the same sort of vein of production as Gimme on the album?

stroke definitely maintains the energy and heavy production, but gimmie is definitely the fuck with myself of this album and i honestly kinda want to remove it, it ruins the flow

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

If We Were Made of Water and What About Love might be her best ballads ever. The Fall, Propaganda, Stroke and Till Now go hard! This is by far her strongest project so far and I'm glad that the whole record sounds way more different to her older stuff than I expected, I'm super impressed. Wow. :legend:

8nl2OpX.png

Okay... So I finally listened in full. The album isn't her best. I knew it was too early to say that. BUT, it's good. Gimme is still the weak link for me. But I was right about If We Were Made of Water. I love that song, Contaminated, and Godless. This album is definitely one that will need to grow on me.

Listening right now and I'm enjoying way more than I expected to so far (I'm on Godless but yeah nnn)

But for some reason the record sounds... LQ????

Like... not sure how to explain it. But it doesn't sound clear. Not sure if it's something with the Vocoder\Heavy production or what but I'm curious

I... I'm not sure what to think. I love her music and I loved the darkness of her first two albums and was hoping this would still have a similar sound... I guess it does, it's just not what I expected, it's almost more pop than I thought she'd actually do. Gimme made me think that too before it came out but now I'm not sure what I think. I'll have to listen a few more times and see what I think. LWYDTM is a great track too, I love that one bc of how it lyrically ties to previous songs. I'm glad there's new Banks either way lol I needed more from her

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Listening right now and I'm enjoying way more than I expected to so far (I'm on Godless but yeah nnn)

But for some reason the record sounds... LQ????

Like... not sure how to explain it. But it doesn't sound clear. Not sure if it's something with the Vocoder\Heavy production or what but I'm curious

Thought it was just me who felt it wasn't CLEAR enough.