Real Deal

BANKS

I'll definitely need some more time to properly form my opinion on this. The only thing I'm sure about is that it's not her best album, but honestly, that's fine. It would be unfair to use The Altar as the benchmark and compare everything else she releases with it. III is a great record, after all.

My two main issues as of now:

• You can almost never clearly hear her vocals, as others have already mentioned. In fact, some of the songs are giving me war flashbacks to Fetty Wap's verse on Gwen Stefani's Asking 4 It LMAO. I know it's an effect used on purpose, and sometimes it works really well, but Banks is such a gifted writer, so I would very much love to actually understand what she's saying.
  • It's all a bit too samey, especially in the middle of the record. Now maybe I only feel this way because it's a brand new album, but right now it seems that it lacks sonic diversity a bit. Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate that she tried out new things and sounds, but within the album, III just doesn't have that amazing variety that The Altar had (particularly in its first half).
I hope that I'll change my opinion on some of these issues once I get to listen to it a few more times and discover new nuances of the album. Everything I've said is based on the two spins I've given the album last night, and I'm at work right now, but I'm already looking forward to playing this a couple more times later today. My early favourites are definitely Gimme, Propaganda, and The Fall. Honourable mentions: Contaminated, Stroke, Godless.

Anyway, I am soo happy she is back! And despite the issues I've listed, I do think it's a fantastic album. I liked it enough to order the red vinyl for € 30, I think that says everything lol.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Waiting for messy gays to say this is her best album.. Bet this will be the same type of gays that claim

Joanne - best Gaga album

Froot - best Marina album

Honeymoon - best Lana album

Etc.

This is album is such a letdown, half of the album is skip worthy, Alaska, Stroke & Gimmie being best on album.

Till now, Stroke, Godless, Propaganda, The fall, Contaminated and Gimme are really good, I really like them. She fucking nailed those, especially The fall, Propaganda and Godless, my god :legend:  The rest of the album is mediocre. They're pretty good songs but I see myself skipping them more than listening to them. Overall a really good, solid album, I really enjoyed listening it twice last night. Gotta admit it doesn't flow that well because of the abrupt ending that most songs have (and I don't really like abrupt endings like that, especially on Till now, major flaw of the song). I also agree with some people that the album doesn't sound that clean, but it's probably because of all the layered effects, idk.  

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I wanna look into Miss (Azealia) Banks, from which album/song should I start?

Depends on your taste. Goddess (the first album) was kind of downtempo electro-pop, The Altar was more commercial sounding with a lot more modern r&b sounds. Honesty I dont even know how to classify the new record. I got into her from Waiting Game and This Is What It Feels Like, which were on the first album.

Start with The Altar, it's easier to get into than Goddess (and III, I'd assume), it's her best album, and it's pretty much all killer, no filler (well one could argue about This Is Not About Us and Haunt, I guess). It's also the album that made me stan her, and you know my taste in music is impeccable. :hooker: 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Depends on your taste. Goddess (the first album) was kind of downtempo electro-pop, The Altar was more commercial sounding with a lot more modern r&b sounds. Honesty I dont even know how to classify the new record. I got into her from Waiting Game and This Is What It Feels Like, which were on the first album.

Off topic but I've been wondering who that is on your avatar for the longest time

It's only my dark city, only my new man...

from goddess: alibi, brain, fuck em only we know, drowning, change and under the table

from the altar: this is not about us, mother earth and poltergeist

better (one-off single)