Aaron

Aly & AJ

Holy shit, that was such a pretty music video!  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter: 

I haven't made up my mind on the song, so I'll give it a few listens before I post again :)

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

can i resurrect this thread? 

one of the things i love about lana is her mysterious, interesting back catalog of unreleased demos. sure, lana is more prolific, but you know who else has shelved albums/a plethora of underappreciated unreleased demos? these girls. 

would it help for some kind of masterpost to be spread around? some kind of informative post for people who are not nostalgic fans? i don't understand why more people aren't talking about their amazing 78violet songs. i think lana fans would be into them. they even also worked with david kahne. 

let me be who i'm meant to be

I really like the song Hothouse and the video is so pretty! What happened after that? They disappeared again :(

TjmiIK4.png

I really like the song Hothouse and the video is so pretty! What happened after that? They disappeared again :(

kinda a lot, actually! 

most recently, aly & aj starred in a movie loosely based on their lives, called Weepah Way For Now (if you like the hothouse music video, you'll love it). going by that, it seems like their record company or whoever shelved the album they were supposed to release under 78violet. despite this, someone leaked over 20 songs from the sessions (some of them here). some songs were also performed live

fwpxzd.jpg

then, like you said, they disappeared again, despite promising the album. i'm not sure if they ever publicly commented on why it wasn't released, since a lot of this is still a mystery.  

last year they changed their names back to Aly & AJ and this year said that new music would be coming out in 2017--the 10th anniversary of Insomniatic! crazy to think about that. i went for so long not realizing there was new music from them out there until recently and i think it's fantastic. i can't understand why their comeback didn't quite take off. but i also realize that not a lot of people have heard the music, so therein lies the issue. 

let me be who i'm meant to be

does anyone have their new album that leaked :defeated: i had it but deleted it

Hothouse or the 2009 one?

TjmiIK4.png