I've been listening to JFK so frequently the past week or so, and I really have to admit that it is one of my favorites. I feel so much complacency in her delivery of the lyrics, just a genuine confidence in what the lyrics mean to her that certainly surpasses some of the adorably silly lyrics. That first verse is just perfect.

This may all end up sounding so biased because it is but suck it, but hear me out.

What would it be like to catch the aroma of a rose bouquet with light traces of cigarette smoke and booze from being carried around/thrown on a stage in a bar or pub? What if you were Lana?

See, I have very sensitive sensory perception, so I collect knowledge of and recall things/people that I encounter with explicit detail. Perception has a funny way of determining what details you take with you or leave behind, especially when paired with the feelings/experiences you're having while encountering those stimuli.

I acquired a knack for especially noticing someone's aroma, what they smell like after getting out of the shower, sweating a bit/lot, smoking/drinking, when they wear a certain cologne, eat certain foods, are sick, etc. And though to a few scents would be unappealing to others,it's probably on the top five things I easily remember most next to their voice, laugh, and even small details/wrinkles on their face when they make certain expressions. I can remember this one time, there was a guy that I was intensely interested in, and one thing that I remember the most about him was his natural scent.

I refrain from calling it "body odor" just because body odor makes me think of a funky smell from uncleanliness that would probably be unappealing to me, where "natural scent" is more-so the way someone's skin/hair may smell like when they are clean but not wearing fragrances or deodorant and the scent of bodywashes/soap/shampoo/etc. has worn off.

Like everyone else's scent, his was unique to me. I can describe the fragrance from shampoos/body wash and body spray/cologne/perfume without being inarticulate, but I can never articulate exactly what or how somebody's natural scent smells to me, I just recognize the scent, and I can still smell it for some moments after they leave the room.

But I digress. Point being, one time I had tried to describe it to him, and the best way I could was that it was like "stale potpourri," like the aroma potpourri would have if it wasn't brand new. It still didn't accurately describe it, but it was close enough. He didn't really know how to respond, probably because it sounded unappealing, uninteresting, or maybe just entirely awkward, but it was a compliment despite how it may get perceived.

It was kinda the same thing with another old flame that I was serious with for a while; he had this scent that was like a mix of petrichor and spices. I never told him that description, but I frequently acknowledged his scent, and while he thought it was odd to a degree, he was flattered. I still get mixed responses from people when I tell them I notice these things, whether about them or in general, it's just one of those little quirks about me that I can't really explain the origin or nature of, it just happens. And every time it does, I recall it frequently, and it does sometimes trigger memories/experiences, some days more often than others, depending on a lot of factors.

BUT BACK TO THE POINT BECAUSE I AM GOING ON A TANGENT AND I'M SORRY.

I do indeed think that the first line of JFK is absolutely beautiful and significant in the same way it is awkward, and I especially adore the first verse altogether so much.

Though I admit that I could do without the bridge, I do love the line "You know that you can always come home to the one who gave you your name."
Thinking of identity, I take that line as Lana telling the romantic interest to not forgo knowing he can come back to her, the lover who may have sought to bring out the best in him, or even helped shaped the man he became. She was a catalyst of sorts to how he carried or even viewed himself, probably because she would feed him little compliments and silly quips of flattery that, despite him maybe responding with some laughter or calling her a goofball, could have been some of the most beautiful and endearing words he ever heard someone say, no matter if it was inarticulate or awkward.

JFK may definitely be underrated as far as I'm concerned, if not just slightly unappreciated for its simplicity. :hairflip2:

I like this song cos the way she sings it but I rly don't get the lyrics, I guess its just lazy. like "you're so new at it" at what??? "throat like an angel" "the way you see through that shit" ..like how does any of this remind u of jfk, Lana????  (and lets give credit where credit is due ~ if anyone in relation 2 any of our past presidents has a throat like an angel, its monica lewinsky lbr)

"You know that you can always come home to the one who gave you your name" this confuses me. perhaps K was a shortened nickname~ cos JFK. im gonna call my boyfriend R cos FDR 

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

I've been listening to JFK so frequently the past week or so, and I really have to admit that it is one of my favorites. I feel so much complacency in her delivery of the lyrics, just a genuine confidence in what the lyrics mean to her that certainly surpasses some of the adorably silly lyrics. That first verse is just perfect.

This may all end up sounding so biased because it is but suck it, but hear me out.

What would it be like to catch the aroma of a rose bouquet with light traces of cigarette smoke and booze from being carried around/thrown on a stage in a bar or pub? What if you were Lana?

See, I have very sensitive sensory perception, so I collect knowledge of and recall things/people that I encounter with explicit detail. Perception has a funny way of determining what details you take with you or leave behind, especially when paired with the feelings/experiences you're having while encountering those stimuli.

I acquired a knack for especially noticing someone's aroma, what they smell like after getting out of the shower, sweating a bit/lot, smoking/drinking, when they wear a certain cologne, eat certain foods, are sick, etc. And though to a few scents would be unappealing to others,it's probably on the top five things I easily remember most next to their voice, laugh, and even small details/wrinkles on their face when they make certain expressions. I can remember this one time, there was a guy that I was intensely interested in, and one thing that I remember the most about him was his natural scent.

I refrain from calling it "body odor" just because body odor makes me think of a funky smell from uncleanliness that would probably be unappealing to me, where "natural scent" is more-so the way someone's skin/hair may smell like when they are clean but not wearing fragrances or deodorant and the scent of bodywashes/soap/shampoo/etc. has worn off.

Like everyone else's scent, his was unique to me. I can describe the fragrance from shampoos/body wash and body spray/cologne/perfume without being inarticulate, but I can never articulate exactly what or how somebody's natural scent smells to me, I just recognize the scent, and I can still smell it for some moments after they leave the room.

But I digress. Point being, one time I had tried to describe it to him, and the best way I could was that it was like "stale potpourri," like the aroma potpourri would have if it wasn't brand new. It still didn't accurately describe it, but it was close enough. He didn't really know how to respond, probably because it sounded unappealing, uninteresting, or maybe just entirely awkward, but it was a compliment despite how it may get perceived.

It was kinda the same thing with another old flame that I was serious with for a while; he had this scent that was like a mix of petrichor and spices. I never told him that description, but I frequently acknowledged his scent, and while he thought it was odd to a degree, he was flattered. I still get mixed responses from people when I tell them I notice these things, whether about them or in general, it's just one of those little quirks about me that I can't really explain the origin or nature of, it just happens. And every time it does, I recall it frequently, and it does sometimes trigger memories/experiences, some days more often than others, depending on a lot of factors.

BUT BACK TO THE POINT BECAUSE I AM GOING ON A TANGENT AND I'M SORRY.

I do indeed think that the first line of JFK is absolutely beautiful and significant in the same way it is awkward, and I especially adore the first verse altogether so much.

Though I admit that I could do without the bridge, I do love the line "You know that you can always come home to the one who gave you your name."

Thinking of identity, I take that line as Lana telling the romantic interest to not forgo knowing he can come back to her, the lover who may have sought to bring out the best in him, or even helped shaped the man he became. She was a catalyst of sorts to how he carried or even viewed himself, probably because she would feed him little compliments and silly quips of flattery that, despite him maybe responding with some laughter or calling her a goofball, could have been some of the most beautiful and endearing words he ever heard someone say, no matter if it was inarticulate or awkward.

JFK may definitely be underrated as far as I'm concerned, if not just slightly unappreciated for its simplicity. :hairflip2:

Vinny :$

Lana should put this song on Honeymoon. Seems to fit with what she has talked about for the new album.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp