elllipsis

Tame Impala

I'm curious as to how many LanaBoards users are actually listening to Tame Impala?Β  :flutter:

Β 

Kevin Parker and Lana are my top two artists, I wish this thread was more active!

Β 

So what are your guys favourite song/album? Expectations for The Slow Rush? Ever seen them live? Let's discuss!

I actually just checked out his music earlier this year so I'm not *that* familiar, I have only listened to the new singles, Currents and Lonerism. I really dig Currents, I've looked for it in a record store in town but they never had his albums (but his name is there though). I hope they'll order new ones to sell when the new album comes next year so I can buy it then.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

What do people think of his latest single off the new record, as a matter of fact what do people think of all the singles released thus far?

Β 

https://www.youtube.com/44lWO3qhQMk

When does the new album come out? I will listen to it, I haven't heard any of the singles but I do like the vibe of some stuff i've heard before.

When does the new album come out? I will listen to it, I haven't heard any of the singles but I do like the vibe of some stuff i've heard before.

He’s said next year, so hopefully sometime in the upcoming months.

Β 

I love Borderline and It might be time, I’m not sure if I really like Posthumous Forgiveness. I like the latter half I think...

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Β 

The Slow Rush is officially coming out on February 14th, just in time for Valentine's Day!Β  :smile3:

Β 

So far I like Posthumous Forgiveness the most, it has a lot of Currents vibes. It Might Be Time was a good song, but I still can't get into Borderline. Can't wait for the rest of the record to come out, hopefully we'll have another single before the release.

How the fuck have I never posted anything in this thread?? lmaoo. I really love Tame Impala. To me, their first 2 projects are the best ones, especially Lonerism, that record is just so incredible from start to end. I really enjoy Currents too though, so it might be actually tied with innerspeaker for me. In regards to this new record they're putting out, I just listened to the singles when they came out like once or twice. I'm just now getting more into them and I can say this album sounds pretty damn good so far.Β  Posthumous Forgiveness is definetly my favourite one, the melody and production on this song isΒ  :legend:

From what I see above, the album is coming February 14th so I'm really excited about that. I'll be done with exams and I'll have something to lose myself into during vacation. Also I see Patience is not gonna be on the album? If it's true I actually don't have a problem cause it is my least favourite from what they've been putting out recently.Β 

I really enjoyed this new track, I feel like it's kinda fast pace at first listen, sometimes I wish some grooves lasted longer but it's sounding great nonetheless. I love the melodies Kevin's been coming up with for this new album.Β 

~~~My body is stuck in the oceanΒ ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xUΒ My mind is lost in the universe***Β 

How the fuck have I never posted anything in this thread?? lmaoo. I really love Tame Impala. To me, their first 2 projects are the best ones, especially Lonerism, that record is just so incredible from start to end. I really enjoy Currents too though, so it might be actually tied with innerspeaker for me. In regards to this new record they're putting out, I just listened to the singles when they came out like once or twice. I'm just now getting more into them and I can say this album sounds pretty damn good so far.Β  Posthumous Forgiveness is definetly my favourite one, the melody and production on this song isΒ  :legend:

From what I see above, the album is coming February 14th so I'm really excited about that. I'll be done with exams and I'll have something to lose myself into during vacation. Also I see Patience is not gonna be on the album? If it's true I actually don't have a problem cause it is my least favourite from what they've been putting out recently.Β 

I really enjoyed this new track, I feel like it's kinda fast pace at first listen, sometimes I wish some grooves lasted longer but it's sounding great nonetheless. I love the melodies Kevin's been coming up with for this new album.Β 

Β 

I know we got different views on NFR, but I'm glad we can agree on this. Lonerism is otherwordly and Innerspeaker is an incredible record as well. I love current too, though I really enjoy the first half of the record (after The Less I Know The Better I kinda lose interest... until New Person (which is an even more incredible track live!)). I also think that the Posthumous Forgiveness is the best single released from The Slow Rush thus far, such an amazing track, the second half of that song is gold. Though I kinda feel the same way about the other singles as I feel about the second half of Currents: amazing production, but a tad repetitive song construction, they kinda lack the bridge/climax moment that songs like Let It Happen, The Moment and Eventually have. They still stand out though. Can't wait for the rest of the record to come out next month!

Β 

Sort of related but have you heard of Melody's Echo Chamber's self titled album? It was produced by Kevin Parker and was released around the time of Lonerism too it definitely feels like a sister album to it!

Β Sort of related but have you heard of Melody's Echo Chamber's self titled album? It was produced by Kevin Parker and was released around the time of Lonerism too it definitely feels like a sister album to it!

No I haven't heard that, thanks for the recommendation

And also I' m sorry for telling you to stop posting in the post-release thread that one time, I kinda felt bad about it since then, I think I just had a long day and got annoyed much easier than normal lol

~~~My body is stuck in the oceanΒ ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xUΒ My mind is lost in the universe***Β 

No I haven't heard that, thanks for the recommendation

And also I' m sorry for telling you to stop posting in the post-release thread that one time, I kinda felt bad about it since then, I think I just had a long day and got annoyed much easier than normal lol

Β 

No worries, I'm nominated for the "Can you come up with something else?" category (amongst other things) at the Lipsters for a reason you know, it's all good.Β  :D

Β 

If Lonerism is your favourite Tame Impala record than you are probably going to love Melody's Echo Chamber as well! Songs like Some Time Alone, Alone and Endless Shore are probably going to give you all the Lonerism feels you know and love!Β  :legend:

Just thought I'd let you guys know that the album leaked in LQ yesterday.