TMCBryan

Evanescence

I love Evanescence so much they're one of my favorite bands ever :oprah:

If any of you haven't seen they're releasing a career spanning box set (i preordered mine :hooker:)

Cuu2p4TWYAAp4yA.png

Contains 6 records (and some other stuff)

• Origin
  • Fallen
  • The Open Door (2 LP)
  • Evanescence
  • Lost Whispers

Lost Whispers

A1. “Lost Whispers”

A2. “Even In Death” (2016)

A3. “Missing”

A4. “Farther Away”

A5. “Breathe No More”

A6. “If You Don’t Mind”

B1. “Together Again”

B2. “The Last Song I’m Wasting On You”

B3. “A New Way To Bleed”

B4. “Say You Will”

B5. “Disappear”

B6. “Secret Door”

I would give the very breath from my chest
To give you all the things that my mind couldn't bear

I'd love to walk away and pull myself out of the rain
But I can't leave without you
I'd love to live without the constant fear and endless doubt
But I can't live without you

I wish this was the album version :defeated: 

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

My third favourite ev song becomes my first.

It reminds me of Stranger Things at the start. I think ill make a video for Eleven with this song

And it you haven't heard their album snippets... I wasn't a fan of Bring Me To Lifes remake tbh. I kind of think BMTL and My Immortal should have stayed in the past but oh well. In just so glad all my other favourites get to see the light again.

Never Go Back and End Of The Dream sound like theyll be my favourites alongside Lacrymosa

Okay so I was never the biggest Evanescence fan, I liked a few songs, but honestly I just didn't care enough to dig deeper, but I saw Synthesis in a store today and decided to give it a listen when I got home and wow, I am LIVING FOR THIS! Her voice and the orchestral arrangements go sooo well together! 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

love this song

I always loved this <3

but the best older songs are indeed these:

fantasy love songs

and gothic anthems

Sidenote: I just love how diverse evanescence actually is, and no one gives them credit for them and how they actually manage to deliver ALL of these genres

• fantasy romance (Anywhere, Before The Dawn)
  • dark fantasy (Together Again, Imaginary)
  • light fantasy (like fairy music, such as Swimming Home and Secret Door)
  • nostalgic (piano stuff like Breathe No More, My Immortal)
  • Acoustic (lots of their demos such as Understanding, October)
  • gothic (Bleed, Where Will You Go, Understanding)
  • Electro goth (Eternal)
  • Classical (Good Enough, The Last Song Im Wasting On You)
  • old school metal/rock (So Close, Lies, Whisper demos)
  • modern rock (What You Want, Made of Stone, The Change)
  • synthetic (everything of Synthesis album)
  • orchestra/choir (Ascension of the Spirit, Listen To The Rain, Lacrymosa)

So Ive been listening to Synthesis a lot cause I see Evanescence this weekend! And whenever I hear 'Unravelling' I think of the Love Witch, cause it reminds me of that movie's sound track. 

And it was just stuck in my head all day so Ive just spent the last 2 and a half hours making this

I went to their Synthesis Tour show last night. I knew it was going to be amazing, but I didn't know HOW amazing.

Amy clearly chose the songs that played in the hall before the show started cause there was Bjork, Nine Inch Nails, Bat for Lashes and Godfrapp playing out of the ones I knew. 

I knew I would love the orchestra parts, and I absolutely did! They played Lacrimosa (Mozart's original) before the band come on, and also Moonligt Sonata which was beautiful. They also did Sally's Song from The Nightmare Before Christmas, which was so sweet, since Amy has covered that. 

It was so surreal when Amy and the band came onstage. Amy was wearing a beautiful black, bell-sleeved gothic dress. Her voice was spot on the ENTIRE TIME. I honestly wasn't expecting that, because Evanescence songs are so difficult to master vocally on stage, but she hit every not and held every long note too (yes, even at the end of BMTL). Jen's backing vocals were amazing too, and really added to the performance.  Will on the drums was so enticing to watch too. The drums were one of my favourite sounds in the whole show. 

Amy genuinely looked so happy to be back in Australia and she thanked us multiple times throughout the show, and told us that her and the band are so thankful, that they love us, that we are all in this together, etc. Before they played My Immortal, Amy stated that despite it being her least favourite song, she decided to include it in Synthesis due to it being the song that has touched the most people.

So they did the entire Synthesis album, and at the end Speak To Me, Good Enough, and Swimming Home which was a beautiful close. 

My favourite song performed was Hi-Lo, but my absolute FAVOURITE moment was when Unraveling transitioned to the strings in Imaginary and the crowd just went 'ooooooooo'. It was so amazing, cause I knew it was coming (I've listened to Synthesis all the way through multiple times), but clearly most people didn't, so hearing and feeling everyone's satisfaction and surprise at that moment was one of the best musical experiences I've ever had! The whole show as an experience was just pure ART, and I could just feel that it was a mix of past, present and future of Evanescence. 

In a way, I feel like that was the high point of 2018 for me already, and I'm kind of wondering if Lana's show in march will match this  :toofunny:  because orchestra has always been able to make me shiver the most

ooooh ok, if i want to get into their discography where should i start? my only real knowledge is their biggest hits and also the fact that i once listened exclusively to snow white queen on repeat for a solid week

it's just the way i feel

ooooh ok, if i want to get into their discography where should i start? my only real knowledge is their biggest hits and also the fact that i once listened exclusively to snow white queen on repeat for a solid week

The Open Door is their best album, start there

Then the self titled

and then Fallen

negAbhB.png

The Open Door is their best album, start there

Then the self titled

and then Fallen

thank youuu! will report back after i listen

After you listen to those, listen to Origin. It's a masterpiece imo. 

If you want to dig into unreleased, the demo of My Immortal is legendary, Forever Gone Forever, Farther Away, Forgive Me, and You, but we're not supposed to talk about that song. 

Here is a site that has all of their unreleased, demos, & old eps. The band fully supports this site too! They would rather you download it than give money to bootleggers :) 

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

And don't miss Synthesis either where they did orchestral/synth versions of some songs. You might like some better. I love Lacrymosa from synthesis but definitely check out Bring Me To Lifes synthesis version if you know that song well.

My favourites remain

Lacrymosa

Before the Dawn

Lose control

snow White Queen

Missing

Never go back

Together again (standalone single)

Imaginary (all versions)

After you listen to those, listen to Origin. It's a masterpiece imo. 

If you want to dig into unreleased, the demo of My Immortal is legendary, Forever Gone Forever, Farther Away, Forgive Me, and You, but we're not supposed to talk about that song. 

Here is a site that has all of their unreleased, demos, & old eps. The band fully supports this site too! They would rather you download it than give money to bootleggers :)

My immortal and Hello demo are so emotional fccckkkkk

Practically GAVE me feelings when I was little