Sign in to follow this  
rways

Madonna and Lady Gaga Violated Russian Law - Prosecutors

MOSCOW, August 1 (RIA Novosti) – US pop divas Madonna and Lady Gaga, who championed gay rights during their shows in Russia, had cultural exchange visas that “did not provide for” performing for profit, Russian prosecutors said Thursday.

The Prosecutor General’s office released a statement in response to an inquiry submitted in April by St. Petersburg lawmaker Vitaly Milonov, author of the city’s controversial anti-gay propaganda law. The St. Petersburg City Council member accused both US musicians of distributing “homosexual propaganda” among minors and said they performed in Russia illegally.

Milonov authored a bill making “promoting sodomy, lesbianism, bisexuality and transgenderism among minors” in St. Petersburg punishable with fines of up to 500,000 rubles ($15,000). The bill was adopted in March 2012 and served as a basis for federal legislation banning the promotion of “non-traditional sexual relations” among minors that was signed into law in June.

Madonna and Lady Gaga had cultural exchange visas that “were used with the aim of conducting commercial concert activities,” although their visas “did not provide for” making profit, the statement from the Prosecutor General’s office said.

The office said it might send the information about the violations to Russia’s Foreign Ministry and Federal Migration Service in order to prosecute the singers and prevent similar things from happening. It did not provide further details about possible prosecution.

During her August 2012 shows in St. Petersburg and Moscow, Madonna asked the audience to raise their hands in support of gays and lesbians and also spoke out in support of the jailed Pussy Riot band members.

Shortly after the show, a group of Russian activists filed lawsuits against Madonna and the show’s organizers, seeking $10.5 million in compensation for “moral damages.” A St. Petersburg court ruled in November that the pop star had not violated the anti-gay propaganda law during her show.

Ahead of her December show in St. Petersburg, Lady Gaga thanked Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev in a tweet for “not standing by” the Kremlin’s anti-gay propaganda bill, which had been submitted to the State Duma, Russia’s lower house of parliament. Asked about the bill, Medvedev had said that "not all relations between people can be regulated by law."

A Russian show business promoter said that the decision by the Prosecutor General’s office may stop foreign artists from performing in Russia.

“Not one artist, circus or exhibition will come here if the Prosecutor’s Office fines someone now,” Yevgeny Finkelstein, head of the St. Petersburg-based PMI media holding told RIA Novosti.

http://en.rian.ru/russia/20130801/182532300/Madonna-Lady-Gaga-Violated-Russian-Law--Prosecutors.html

More about the Gay prosecutions in Russia : http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/3222-russia-hunts-down-the-gays/&do=findComment&comment=111037

Mess, Russia is becoming messier everyday

qqAZ3mU.png

I really really fear for LGBT people in Eastern Europe  :ohno: I know my own country is very homophobic apart from a few groups/open minded parts of open minded cities, but Russia just took it to a new level. 

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif

I'm waiting for Russia to turn around and be like "LEL JK!!! :party: " and they were just tricking us all along and then they have a huge pride festival then Vladimir and Dmitry make out.

tumblr_mxtjryqQbT1r3azxeo1_500.gif

Madonna's is being sued since 2012. She did in most of her concerts a speech about what happened to the Pussy Riot's and what was going on in "some parts of the world". Also wrote Pusssy Riot'son her back. Madonna rocks. MDNA was a great political protest for many things. That mix of images that Madonna showed mixing her face with several other that also mixed La Pen's eyes with the nazi symbol was a huge hit here. People love it since oh well Rio is quite a cultural/political town.

Madonna did this interview to a big tv show called Fantastico which I think is very intereting. It's from july 2012. She mentions what is happening in Russia and about what MDNA is really about and what is the artist job in the world today (towards politics/humans rights). If you don't want to see the whole interview start at 4:30 she mentions Russia. That's why she is still the Queen. While Gaga is talking about bullying and sitting in the kids table MAdonna talks about the real shit and sits in the big girls table.

glgcDdT.gif

All I read was, "Madonna does something, Gaga does it too".

tumblr_inline_mqign016IV1qz4rgp.png

Go crazy guys

Madonna's is being sued since 2012. She did in most of her concerts a speech about what happened to the Pussy Riot's and what was going on in "some parts of the world". Also wrote Pusssy Riot'son her back. Madonna rocks. MDNA was a great political protest for many things. That mix of images that Madonna showed mixing her face with several other that also mixed La Pen's eyes with the nazi symbol was a huge hit here. People love it since oh well Rio is quite a cultural/political town.

Madonna did this interview to a big tv show called Fantastico which I think is very intereting. It's from july 2012. She mentions what is happening in Russia and about what MDNA is really about and what is the artist job in the world today (towards politics/humans rights). If you don't want to see the whole interview start at 4:30 she mentions Russia. That's why she is still the Queen. While Gaga is talking about bullying and sitting in the kids table MAdonna talks about the real shit and sits in the big girls table.

tumblr_mch7npEeSp1ry9h7no1_500.gif

welp, at least gagas tour was live

Yes? Tell me more. Cause it's obvious that you could't come up with a better answer than bringing Brit's lypsinc to the table, WOW you are so original, mommy monster is so proud of you. 

Here, give one to your friend.

gold-star.jpg

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

Yes? Tell me more. Cause it's obvious that you could't come up with a better answer than bringing Brit's lypsinc to the table, WOW you are so original, mommy monster is so proud of you. 

Here, give one to your friend.

gold-star.jpg

oh yea dont get me started on that smash hit number 54 hit ooh la la #princessofpop