lola

Taylor Swift

Ok, I've listened to the album and here are my categorisations upon first impression.

Perfect (10/10): sorry, nothing here

Pretty Good (7-9/10): Look What You Made Me Do, Dancing With Our Hands Tied, This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things, Call It What You Want, New Year's Day

Mediocre (4-6/10): Don't Blame Me, ...Ready For It?, I Did Something Bad, Gorgeous, Delicate, So It Goes..., Getaway Car, King of My Heart, Dress

TERRIBLE, please delete from the face of this earth immediately (0-3/10): End Game

Overall, I am pretty disappointed. I really wanted to like the album and I gave it a listen with an open mind, but most songs just fell flat for me. I was actually totally here for her 'bad girl' era, but other than LWYMMD she totally failed to live up to my expectations. The album feels too "tame" for the image she was trying to put out. If she was going to do this sort of image she needed to go big or go home and she just did not deliver the darkness I wanted. Some of the production elements are pretty weird and not fitting for the song or her style, such as those annoying voice filters, and the bass has been upped so much that it actually hurts your ears and feels weird to listen to.  A lot of the songs sound almost the exact same as well and it just feels so unoriginal and uncreative. Lyrics are also pretty boring and actually a lot of them make absolutely no sense, plus her delivery is quite uninspired and boring as well. Her rap/talking style of delivery on this album just doesn't work for me, and takes away a lot of the emotion that she used to have with her older country songs which I liked a lot more as they felt a lot more authentic and genuine, whereas Reputation feels very calculated and formulaic, resulting in possibly her most uninspired work yet. If there wore songs in the vein of "New Year's Day" I'd literally love this album so much because that's literally the only song on the album with any sort of genuine emotion being expressed.

'New Year's Day' and 'Don't Blame Me' are my favs. It's a catchy and solid pop album, nothing super special, but fun anyway. Can't wait for the tour dates...I think these songs will be live even better.

1 Ready For It 9/10
2 End Game 9/10
3 I Did Something Bad 8/10
4 Don't Blame Me 10/10
5 Delicate 9/10
6 Look What You Made Me Do 9/10
7 So It Goes... 9/10
8 Gorgeous 8/10
9 Getaway Car 10/10
10 King Of My Heart 10/10
11 Dancing With Our Hands Tied 8/10
12 Dress 7/10
13 This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things 10/10
14 Call It What You Want 9/10
15 New Year's Day 10/10

my top 3 are dancing with our hands tied, i did something bad, and this is why we cant have nice things

honorable mention to call it what you want

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

i'd love to hear it but it's not on spotify nor apple music n my expectation are fairly low n i've seen polarizing opinions 

:eartha2:

“Say my name and everything just stops

I don't want you like a best friend

Only bought this dress so you could take it off

Carve your name into my bedpost”

:awkney: :awkney:  :awkney:  :awkney:

lmao I'm sorry, I listened to this with an open mind because I liked RFI...? and Gorgeous but the album is really cringe and just not good??? The production doesn't work with her voice. A few of them do sound like Lorde rejects but anyways I like I Did Something Bad and the two singles I mentioned. 

tumblr_ov81kxfRAq1t0t62zo1_500.gif

Awh, one of my friends just met Taylor outside of her NYC popup shop & Tay paid for her pedicab home. Despite her negative ~Reputation~ she does always seem to be really sweet to her fans.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I stand by my assertion that this is a boring and recycled album, but, I like a few tracks! Call It What You Want, News Years Day & Dancing With Our Hands Tied are pretty good. ...Ready for It? and Dress are decent, too, upon second listen. I'm not a fan of hers but I don't unreasonably hate her like some people, so with relative objectivity I can say that this record seems to be a step-down from 1989. Glad I got one or two bops out of it though..