Sign in to follow this  
evilentity

American Dream (Damn You)

Weird, i don't get that feeling at all from the "oh my god." To me, it has a cute, sweet, and almost mischievous quality to it, as if she's about to start laughing nervously. I wonder what was going on that caused her to say that. Maybe she snuck a boyfriend into the studio and, right as she was finishing the vocal, he knocked his coffee cup into a grand piano, or like, dropped a $7,000 microphone that he wasn't supposed to even be touching  :deadbanana:

Yeah, it sounds like nervous/giggling laugher to me. 

14417469274.gif

cus she wunt cri herself 2 sleep, like a scker 

cus then shell hav bad dreams

american dream

DAMN YOU, you fucker

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

"I pray your life is sweet if i go"... no? don't know but thats why hear. 

and the last bit where she says "oh my god" sounds like she hit a perfect note or like got the whole song in one attempt. 

tumblr_mfdm68imF11rr0s0uo1_500.png

It's pretty much the last second and a half of the song. It's very quiet, so you have to turn up your volume high.

Ohhhh thanks. I've never felt tempted to turn up the volume on this song :creep:

I just love the song because it pretty fits my own feelings when it comes to my ex-files...

Btw. how do you understand the line: "We´d hold on tight for our lives to each other"

2uiu5oh.jpg

I just love the song because it pretty fits my own feelings when it comes to my ex-files...

Btw. how do you understand the line: "We´d hold on tight for our lives to each other"

It's a play on the expression "Hold on for dear life", except with someone else

It sounds like a lot of people associate the "Oh my god" as something good, but I always her imagined her getting really emotional, and having that face where you're about to cry, and then whispering "oh my god" because I do that and then bury my face in my hands and then cry. :lel:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Okay, Guys, my friend is an audiophile and he has this $500 vacuums tube based amplifier for headphones, and he wanted to demonstrate it to me and I played Damn You through it. Let me tell you, it's a religious experience. The "Oh my god" is absolutely emotionally devastating.

tumblr_n9btm6Avtv1t1hgrko1_500_zpsb7c148