Sign in to follow this  
FROGGO

What happened to the 06/07 pop girls?

Let us take a second and think about all of the pop girls that fell off the face of the earth with no follow-up albums (or incredibly floppy albums :toofloppy:):

fergie-the-dutchess.JPG    GwenSweet.jpg    turn-it-up-paris-hilton-cd-cover-art.jpg

CassieAlbum1.jpg    dignity.jpg    200px-Aly_%26_AJ_-_Insomniatic_(2007).JP

publicaffair.jpg    28519.jpg    iamme.jpg

loose.jpg    Raven-Symone.jpg    0079899374127.jpg

Favourite artists of this era?
Favourite albums?
Favourite songs?
Any artists I missed?
:legend: Discuss! :legend:

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

ahh Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape is my childhood, my dad used to always play it in the car :lel:

also really adore Fergie, I mean how can you not love Fergalicious and everything else she does?? 

UGH THIS PERFECT SONG :defeated:

And L.A.M.B. was such a solid pop album. I don't think Gwen will be making another solo album any time soon; she's working on a follow up No Doubt album. :(

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

Gaga happened :hairflip:

No but just the sound changed right around 2008 and only Rihanna survived.

Ugh Nelly Furtado, so many bops on that collage :defeated:

Gwen did amazing and also considering her career with no doubt was so successful I think her lack of follow up can be excused

the rest

no

:lmao:

well actually fergie had the BEP but .... yeah.....

These all had to be in my most played songs in iTunes throughout 8th grade :defeated: Cue mental image of pubescent me dancing on a table like Cassie :defeated:

Thanks for creating this thread @@maru! I was just watching some Austrian commercial by accident when "Cool" by Gwen Stefani started playing and my childhood just flashed by. So many greatly unappreciated songs created by her. One of my favorites gotta be "Early Winter".

I wanna say Cassie as well since I know how big of a fan you are, yet I feel really basic for saying I still bop to "Long Way 2 Go" and "Me and U" :creep:

Nelly Furtado on the other hand :defeated: She might be the first female vocalist I ever encountered that became so big for me. "I'm Like a Bird" is still amazing. So is "Powerless", "Say it Right" and "Turn Off The Light". "All Good Things" is one of my all time favorites tho. That song :oprah:

EQFO7rX.png

I don't get what Nelly is trying now, I stanned so hard for her in 2007 and I thought ok this spanish album in 2009 may flopped in the US but she was still popular in Germany... well since she's trying to be indie or hip-hop or whatever her latest weird album was she's flopping so hard  :defeated:  she's wasting her talent so much

I absolutely love Gwen and Stars are blind is like my summer anthem  :grinds:

i76mrxw.png 

I still cry over the night  because Vanessa didn't continue her music career, Say Ok it's perfect, and Indentified (the album) was really ahead of it's time.

OK so this is kinda embarrassing BUT

I genuinely loved $$$ex and that shit was my jam for days in a row.

Never listened to anything else she's done though.

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

Guest Dot

I don't get what Nelly is trying now, I stanned so hard for her in 2007 and I thought ok this spanish album in 2009 may flopped in the US but she was still popular in Germany... well since she's trying to be indie or hip-hop or whatever her latest weird album was she's flopping so hard  :defeated:  she's wasting her talent so much

I absolutely love Gwen and Stars are blind is like my summer anthem  :grinds:

Loose is still one of the best albums of the late 00's! Nelly has had so many great songs before Loose and look at her now. That Spanish album fucked up her career just like it fucked up JLO's and so many other's careers. It was a career suicide. That new album I'm not to sure about...I should give it a listen, but seriously...if she wants to be successful again, she should either do what she did before Loose or work with Timbaland again.

I still like Nelly Furtado, her voice is so interesting and soothing. A shame she didn't do something more, but she did release a "best of" album. 

I'm really surprised that Rihanna hasn't released a Greatest Hits album, yet.

OK so this is kinda embarrassing BUT

I genuinely loved $$$ex and that shit was my jam for days in a row.

Never listened to anything else she's done though.

I KNOWWWWW $$EX it's just epic, cause we know Nessa is really sexual (I bet her and Zac fucked like animals) but none of her music show that side of her, so even if she sings like 2 verses on this track I love it.

You should listen to V if you are looking for a teen pop sound and Identified if you like a more mature R&B style (skip Sneakernight tho, as first listener you would judge the album because of it),

So talking about Godnessa let me play my fave tracks from her (a guide to stan for V)

My username is a reflection of me beeing a stan tbh

Edited by MARU
Put embed videos under a spoiler cut for faster page loading

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif