Sign in to follow this  
Deleted User

Owen Pallett

MUS_owen-pallett_2211.jpg

The most gracious thing that ever happened to the world and baroque/chamber experimental pop music takes the name of Michael James Owen Pallett (33) Formerly known as the most famous RPG games franchise "Final Fantasy", whose natural almost carnage relationship with music trully dazes his expectators. Multi-instrumentist, composer, producer, and singer-songwriter, he has worked for many artists (such as Arcade Fire and The National) and arranged a couple of movie original soundtracks.

He has released 3 albums: "Has a Good Home" (2005), "He Poos Clouds" (2006), "Heartland" (2010), and he's on his way to finish "In Conflict"'s mixing, which is said to be released in the early stages of 2014.

He's my personal favorite person in the world.

Discuss <3

Coincidentally (or not lol) I've always heard him described as "the Canadian Patrick Wolf", but I never listened to more than a couple of his songs...

I loved this Strokes cover he did for Stereogum's 'Is This It' tribute; his, Real Estate's & Austra's were pretty much the only good covers in that compilation tbh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjXXfo0K01I

Please recommend me an album or EP to start with? :hooker:

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

Coincidentally (or not lol) I've always heard him described as "the Canadian Patrick Wolf", but I never listened to more than a couple of his songs...

I loved this Strokes cover he did for Stereogum's 'Is This It' tribute; his, Real Estate's & Austra's were pretty much the only good covers in that compilation tbh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjXXfo0K01I

Please recommend me an album or EP to start with? :hooker:

Definitely! Well, each album is really different, since Has a Good Home is made of his voice and his violin, He Poos Clouds is made of his voice and a String Quartet, Heartland is made of his voice and Orchestral and electronic arrangements, and the upcoming album is made with a band!

If you're looking for something quite harmonical, moody and soft, Has a Good Home is the best thing you can listen to. But for me, Heartland means everything. It's a record you must listen to throughout completely. 

But start with Has a Good Home! If you get bored, listen  to Heartland, which is much more bold.