trashtrashtrash

The Weeknd

there are some good songs such as hardest to love, blinding lights, in your eyes, save your tears and after hours

I think alone again and escape from LA are also good.

giphy.gif

I loveee this album. Favorites are Hardest to Love, Escape From LA, Alone Again (specifically the beginning of the song where it sounds like twinkling lights), Too Late, Scared To Live, and After Hours.

But let’s go back to the song Save Your Tears. This man was moaning and groaning about how Bella just passed him by in the club, and knowing that he hurt her, he still was like “you should’ve came up to me and asked why I screwed you over”......what??? Why Abel??? She doesn’t need to do anything. Mr. Tesfaye, you need to sit down and eat your food.

Alone Again, Hardest To Love, Blinding Lights, In Your Eyes, Save Your Tears, Repeat After Me & After Hours are all career highlights, like this album is SO good

Also I decided to remake the album cover if anyone is interested:

https://www.instagram.com/tf_designs/

They're the first 2 posts

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

I've loved The Weeknd for so many years! He's amazing. I'm in love with his new album, it's perfection. Some standouts for me are Hardest To Love, Save Your Tears, Alone Again, Faith and of course Heartless. I love them all though...! And I love the aesthetic of the album too, all the choices. Oh yesss.

I think I have actually listened to this album over 25 times in the last 2 days. It's an instant classic for me, and I totally agree with @@Venice that the aesthetic choices and also the live performances have been so well aligned with the project. I never really thought much about his relationship with Bella, but the writing feels like some of his most personal to date and makes me feel really emotional for some reason (even though I have never been in a relationship). Idk, this album is a "blinding light" in these dark times for me. Yes I hate myself too for making that pun.

giphy.gif

Along with Future Nostalgia, After Hours has become instant classics to me anyway.

I like how everything about these two albums has an cohesive yet somehow varied sound that is going against the grain with what is on the charts at the moment. Both artist aren't trying to follow the crowd (not completely anyway for mainstream artists), there trying to be trendsetters and you know I think they've more than succeed in that respect. Hopefully they've triggered a brand new breathe of fresh air that was desperately needed in the charts.

You can clearly see they've both put thought and a lot of planning into everything this time round. The promotion, videos, artwork ect are top notch and pure perfection. Even there merchandise is great...I mean what more could you want?

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

This has to be the most entrancing albums for me in a long time. I have Faith, After Hours, Escape From LA and Snowchild on repeat atm but the whole album is so solid.The Hunter S Thompson and Ralph Steadman blueprint is fucking amazing OMFG. I don't think I've ever seen an artist push SO much merchandise too. I know it's the main way to get album sales these days but the quality of all the products is amazing, from the zine to the posters and the artwork on the shirts. Legend shit!!!!

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

This has to be the most entrancing albums for me in a long time. I have Faith, After Hours, Escape From LA and Snowchild on repeat atm but the whole album is so solid.The Hunter S Thompson and Ralph Steadman blueprint is fucking amazing OMFG. I don't think I've ever seen an artist push SO much merchandise too. I know it's the main way to get album sales these days but the quality of all the products is amazing, from the zine to the posters and the artwork on the shirts. Legend shit!!!!

If I had actually bought something in the beginning I would definitely be annoyed by now because he's dropping new stuff on an almost daily basis. The 3D printed head keychain is cool though and there's a t-shirt that I like but I don't really have too much extra money at the moment because of COVID-19 so I guess I'll have to sit these ones out...  :defeated: