Baby V Alex

Ariana Grande

only 2 hours left?? did i read this right??? that's only 9pm west coast time! god bless america *gunshot x2* i thot i was gonna have to stay up to hear it  :icant: thx ariana

UbsOye5.png

its amazing and her entire album is gonna be amazing. 

it's kinda funny how it came it almost exactly a year after the LFL title track came out. they're 2 releases that I took VERY seriously and it was worth the wait <33333 her album is gonna be amazing. she still has the magic!!!!!

BxRem2s.gif

if I'm being COMPLETELY honest--it sounds like a Dangerous Woman B-side that they polished enough to be a lead single, which means we're probably getting DW pt 2 and I'm so okay w/ that. Max Martin's production is so plush and I'm so here for it 

Video is so dope! As soon as it was over, I replayed it. Can't say that about Lana's recent videos.

Snippet was not representative of the song, but still not a bad song.

The talk-singing part I'm not sure how I feel about that...Selena does it cause she can't sing, Ariana can so I'm not sure why she's doing it. 

Also was hoping Ari would get a little bit deeper with her music, I know she's super pop but I've always felt she could do it well if she ever decides to actually say something monumental. 

Video is so dope! As soon as it was over, I replayed it. Can't say that about Lana's recent videos.

Snippet was not representative of the song, but still not a bad song.

The talk-singing part I'm not sure how I feel about that...Selena does it cause she can't sing, Ariana can so I'm not sure why she's doing it. 

Also was hoping Ari would get a little bit deeper with her music, I know she's super pop but I've always felt she could do it well if she ever decides to actually say something monumental. 

her voice is too good to be talk-singing--I agree. But top 40 is dominated by rap music so talk-singing is an easy way to appeal to the general public. 

her voice is too good to be talk-singing--I agree. But top 40 is dominated by rap music so talk-singing is an easy way to appeal to the general public. 

Yeah I can understand that. I think it's something about clear vocals that appeal to GP.

Is this a radio friendly tho? I can't tell if this is something that would blow up on radio like Into You? I gotta keep listening

So by the sounds of it, this is the song she teased on New Years Eve? The talk-singing really threw the flow of the song off for me, especially at the beginning. Cute song and cute video overall though, I'll definitely be bopping to it over the next few days!

giphy-1.gif 

Yeah I can understand that. I think it's something about clear vocals that appeal to GP.

Is this a radio friendly tho? I can't tell if this is something that would blow up on radio like Into You? I gotta keep listening

definitely isn't going to blow up like Into You. something about the drums make it sound really dated IMO... it's definitely gonna get radio play for a few weeks tho. saying it'll debut top 10 is a safe bet but it's kinda up in the air tbh

Its not what i expected but I still love it! It's a fun optimistic bop. I can't help but feel like her voice was kind of wasted though, like some of you said she's too talented to be talk signing on a lead single. I wish the harmonies at the beginning were a more prominent part bc they're heavenly, they're not even on the Apple Music version :(

definitely isn't going to blow up like Into You. something about the drums make it sound really dated IMO... it's definitely gonna get radio play for a few weeks tho. saying it'll debut top 10 is a safe bet but it's kinda up in the air tbh

reminds me of early-mid 2000s UK Drum n Bass/Jungle.. drums lol

--------

i was expecting something like Praying by Kesha but a bit more wild.. not was i was expecting but not turned don completely .. hopefully the album will be worth the wait 

Its wish the harmonies at the beginning were a more prominent part bc they're heavenly, they're not even on the Apple Music version :(

yeah like thats the best part of the whole song!! orgasmic chorus vocals!

don't matter how, what, when, who tries it

we're out here vibing

/

we're way too fly to partake in all this hate

we're out here vibing

is this shade at Offset? even the artwork has a rainbow on it lmao i love her

edit: the grey sweatshirt is now available for purchase and it comes w a digital copy of the single

edit #2: 

tumblr_p7gvzmEltz1vqy4vjo1_400.jpgtumblr_p7gvzmEltz1vqy4vjo2_1280.jpg

UbsOye5.png

RIGHT NOW IM IN A STATE OF MIND tumblr_inline_ozjpocrkFN1t6mh9s_540.gif

I WANNA BE IN LIKE ALL THE TIME tumblr_inline_ozjpozQhvT1t6mh9s_540.gif

I already know I’m gonna have a moment this month where I’m rolling balls at the gay club and I’m gonna hear that lyric and have a complete meltdown tbh