Baby V Alex

Ariana Grande

TBH, from the way she described it I expected something anthemic & powerful. Something like GBA, Y&B, Without You (Mariah), or Hero. I think it'd sound better, make more sense, & could be like Hello from Adele. On top of that, this feels almost like a twin of NTLTC. Kind of sultry balled esque, but ultimately has that hip hop rap influence. Not a fan if what's been put out so far tbh. The best part of the song was the ending. The best thing about this era is the raindrops! It's such a beautiful cover.

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

GIAW sounds soooo... idk. I really don't see how radio stations will play this. The song is unoriginal, the chorus is non existant (:rip:) even TLIC is better than this.

I get that she's trying to take some risks and get some controversy this era, given this song title alone, "expect the unexpected" etc... But NONE of these songs are cutting it. GIAW is filler material at best. I feel like she's not even trying anymore :rip:

But ngl, maybe the expectations were set too high, especially after DW.

It's not like I'm expecting a pop masterpiece or smth... I only want quality songwriting, decent compositions and good production. At least the visuals this era are somewhat cute.

Anyway this new song is noT the tea. Like at all. At this point we just need the good sis to drop the album.

edit: and she peaked in 2014 with "Love Me Harder" aka one of the best female pop songs of all time.

if you don't like it then you're deaf. like honestly I try so hard to respect other people's opinions but this song is flawless. I bet the haters can't list 3 valid reasons why they don't like it! even with NTLTC, i can admit there were some flaws. but GIAW is exactly what I want to hear from Ariana. it's just so good. it's the next logical step in the evolution of her consistently high quality sound.

tumblr_inline_mvrdxzmiTU1ripgeb.gif

she's really gonna be the first main pop girl of this generation to release 4 consecutive commercial HOME RUNS. wow. I'm not trying to count my eggs before they hatch but she is VERY well-liked by the public and GIAW is going to be just as successful as NTLTC. It's look like its going to be a great success.

Ok maybe it's a grower. Only thing bothering me are the tragic lyrics.

Girl what?

gaga, lana, and katy all flopped HARD on their 4th album compared to their previous discographies but it looks like Ariana isn't going to have that problem 

gaga, lana, and katy all flopped HARD on their 4th album compared to their previous discographies but it looks like Ariana isn't going to have that problem

Don't jinx it :creep:

OT:

SewaYyH.jpg

Ok wig ! This should have been the official album cover :defeated:

Okay this is the best song off the album so far

TjmiIK4.png

GIAW sounds soooo... idk. I really don't see how radio stations will play this. The song is unoriginal, the chorus is non existant ( :rip:) even TLIC is better than this.

I get that she's trying to take some risks and get some controversy this era, given this song title alone, "expect the unexpected" etc... But NONE of these songs are cutting it. GIAW is filler material at best. I feel like she's not even trying anymore :rip:

But ngl, maybe the expectations were set too high, especially after DW.

It's not like I'm expecting a pop masterpiece or smth... I only want quality songwriting, decent compositions and good production. At least the visuals this era are somewhat cute.

Anyway this new song is noT the tea. Like at all. At this point we just need the good sis to drop the album.

edit: and she peaked in 2014 with "Love Me Harder" aka one of the best female pop songs of all time.

Girl TLIC isn't anywhere near as being "better" than GIAW. Matter of fact it's the best song she's released from this era so far. Go clean your filthy ears hun.

Honestly at this point I've come to the realization that nothing will ever satisfy the fans. Like this girl is out here doing great things, improving her sound each time, maturing beautifully, giving us bops, giving us visuals, giving us everything that some of these other girls aren't quite delivering and yet y'all still complain! Get something else to do if y'all gonna hate on it.

giphy.gif

Anyways...

I love the song and video. This is probably my favorite music video from her, she's just delivering so many great visuals. I can't wait to see what her visuals for her tour will be like, I can only imagine.

So apparently giving your own opinion and expressing ypur feelings and thoughts about Ariana's new material is still a problem in this thread. So apologies to anyone who got offended so easily by my harmless comments. That wasn't my intention. In fact I was stanning Ariana since the Victorious days, and as a long time fan, I am always the first one to defend her. I REALLY appreciate what she is doing rn and I am VERY fond of her and proud of what her career has come to. I have ALWAYS supported her. I'm just giving my honest opinion since it's a forum.

OT: I've just watched the video and it's a slay! It's very different, and I appreciate the actual attempt to stand out and deliver great visuals.

Ariana's making pop great again!

why every song beside ntltc sounds like she lost all her coins after DW. the production is so basic. Ariana u can do better

as basic i meant that all the beats sounds like other rap songs releasef before.