Baby V Alex

Ariana Grande

It definitely better than dangerous woman

sweetener > yours truly > dangerous woman > my everything

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I'm halfway through now and so far it sounds like elevator music with dated Pharrell drums slapped on top of it. It's pleasant enough but not a patch on Dangerous Woman. No Tears Left to Cry is still a career highlight though.

I'm halfway through now and so far it sounds like elevator music with dated Pharrell drums slapped on top of it. It's pleasant enough but not a patch on Dangerous Woman. No Tears Left to Cry is still a career highlight though.

Pharrell's dated kicks all over honestly sound awful and I think that's the exact problem, the kicks

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I went into this album keeping expectations low, and after one listen, I’m satisfied overall. It’s no DW, but it’s a cute, chill album with a lot of good songs, and I’m proud of her for experimenting with a new sound. It’s a grower album for sure. My fave songs are blazed, breathin, everytime, better off, borderline, and GIAW. successful is...a choice, though. :rip:

giphy-1.gif 

Okay this is my review of the album, in order from best to worst

1. Better Off - 10/10

2. Breathin -  9/10

3. goodnight and go - 8/10

4. succesful - 8/10

5. the light is coming - 7/10

6. god is a woman - 7/10

7. sweetener - 7/10

8. everytime - 7/10

9. blazed - 7/10

10. REM - 7/10

11. borderline - 5/10 (this track was dull as hell)

12. no tears left to cry - 5/10 (another boring track that didnt hook me)

13. get well soon - 4/10 (this track is long and has such a forgetful instrumental and melody)

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

God Is A Woman, Breathin, Goodnight n Go, Better Off, and No Tears Left To Cry are the highlights of this album. Raindrops gets an honorable mention but I wanted that to be longer. Dangerous Woman is definitely the superior album. On this album she just kind of did that.

I really wish Raindrops was longer or a real song, it sounds so good. It's my fav.

I also love Blazed, REM, Breathin, Ntltc.

The coverphoto is super beautiful.

Waiting for European dates now...