fessle

Lights

tumblr_static_95560823313326366xx07iwsnc

Lights

http://music.iamlights.com/

She's my absolute favorite musician. I haven't found any other singer that I like so much. There's just something so amazing about her, and I love her concerts (I've been to 7), and the fanbase is great. I am so glad to have Lights in my life.

Her first album, The Listening, was really electro-pop/synth based, and the lyrics were quite personal and inspirational. It was something so different than the music I had heard at the time, 2009. Then her second album, Siberia, was even more different than that original sound, and very evolved in terms of sound and also experimentation.

On top of those, she released Acoustic & Siberia Acoustic, which just showcased her ability to sing without any/much enhancement. I really love Lights and just wanted to share her with you all if you hadn't heard of her yet.

Listen to:

Siberia

Drive My Soul

Peace Sign

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

She's such a sweet heart, I always see her downtown..I always forget to tell her Lions is an important song to me,

I'd recommend her Siberia Acoustic Album :creep:

Live Forever Golden Grill.

Well I'm glad people like her!

She's been my favorite for years and no one can take her spot.

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

Now that it's getting colder out, I've found myself listening to Siberia over and over. It just feels like such a perfect "curled up inside hiding from a winter chill" album. Her harmonies are so beautiful.

Now that it's getting colder out, I've found myself listening to Siberia over and over. It just feels like such a perfect "curled up inside hiding from a winter chill" album. Her harmonies are so beautiful.

YESZzZzZ

I still love Siberia, 2 years later. I am dying for new material but I'm content with this, too.

Love her harmonies, yes!

BVT4uKe.jpg   

She's amazing! Her music is wonderful and very heartful.

Her debut "LIGHTS" EP and debut album "The Listening" are a very cute introduction to her music, those made me like her.

The "Acoustic" EP is also very lovely.

"Siberia", her second album, made me a fan, is very chaotic and gritty compared to her debut more hardcore electronic compared to the debut.

"Siberia Acoustic" is not just an acoustic version of every single song... it's sort of like a new take, a new flavor, a new dimension... if the normal album is very wintery, the acoustic one is way more... 

"Little Machines" is perhaps her most cohesive album, all the songs are very similar yet so different, they are more mid-tempo compared to most of the tracks from her past album, the lyrics are richer and you can tell her voice improved quite a lot. 
Even though I prefer Siberia by miles... this album is a step up from everything, this is the album that made me respect her.

From Little Machines, here's my top 5:

1) Up We Go 

2) Same Sea

3) From All Sides

4) Speeding

5) Don't Go Home Without Me

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Since I've known her since the beginnings of her career, I feel like each era has been special to me and strong in its own ways, but I think Little Machines is a nice middle ground between The Listening and Siberia. I honestly think Siberia has the most songs I like from a single album though my all-time favorite song is Drive My Soul.

I think Little Machines will be the most "fun" live and just a very general good feeling album. Also that ending of From All Sides is just such a good close to the album...and hint at an acoustic rendition??? She loves doing that. 

My top tracks:

Portal

Running With The Boys

Muscle Memory

Don't Go Home Without Me

Lucky Ones  :creepna2:

From All Sides

BVT4uKe.jpg   

Also that ending of From All Sides is just such a good close to the album...and hint at an acoustic rendition??? She loves doing that. 

From All Sides is the perfect closer, even more than Don't Go Home Without Me (which is gorgeous, almost cried).

I can see her releasing Little Machines Acoustic in a year or two.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Woah, when did Little Machines come out??

I loved Siberia & really enjoyed The Listening!

I've been anticipating her third album yet here I am, unaware it's been released. :rip:

Peace Sign is probably my favorite song from her, with Siberia a close second.

Edit: Oh, it just came out today! I'm not tooooo far behind. :)

14417469274.gif

I wanted to like her so much when I found out about her by Sputnikmusic, but her songs/music videos are so cheesy and annoying.

Heard Ice and Toes and hated them. I think that her acoustic albums are better, though :)

i am nothing and should be everything

*here's my late, redundant album review b/c i forgot about this thread* (shun me)

how i feel about her albums: little machines = siberia > the listening
my brothers girlfriend got me listening to lights back when i was in 7th grade????? (she made me listen to toes and i loved it :') )
lyrically, i don't think LM beats siberia or the listening, but all the songs are still very catchy. sonically, i love where she's at now.

however, there are some times when i feel like some of the songs are kinda over-produced. (meteorites and same sea tbh)
fav songs off LM: from all sides (THE ACOUSTIC RENDITION OF THIS SONG IS GOING TO SLAY), don't go home without me, muscle memory, portal, speeding, how we do it, and oil and water (srry it's hard to choose fav's)

least fav song: SAME SEA (it's great until the chorus starts.. #mess)

anyway, i love her and i'm so glad she released a new album.

Lights is going on tour this fall (she tours so much) everyone should go see her and support her cuz she the bae #1 for me!!!!!!!!!

Idk why she is doing a co-headliner, but it will be an amazing show.

Little Machines Acoustic should be out in maybe winter or spring! Idk! ! ! !

BVT4uKe.jpg   

Omg, I didn't know we had a thread for her here! She's in my top five favorite artists :defeated: I met her in March in Cleveland after her concert and she was the sweetest person ever.  :crying: I cannot wait for LM acoustic; I'm super glad she's keeping the studio album > acoustic companion > studio album > acoustic companion pattern consistent. Her songs are equally stunning as synthpop tracks and acoustic renditions.

MkWI4Ns.png