fessle

Lights

I loved her when I was younger but not really anymore. I almost went to 3 of her shows over the years but I never ended up going.

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

Omg, I didn't know we had a thread for her here! She's in my top five favorite artists :defeated: I met her in March in Cleveland after her concert and she was the sweetest person ever.  :crying: I cannot wait for LM acoustic; I'm super glad she's keeping the studio album > acoustic companion > studio album > acoustic companion pattern consistent. Her songs are equally stunning as synthpop tracks and acoustic renditions.

I love that pattern because both sides of her music are equally good. She's definitely one of the best and deserves so much success.

wishing Lana and Lights would collab but their music styles are so different  :toofunny:

Lights covered Video Games! But idk about a collab ever happening. I would love a joint tour. I'd follow them to every show.

I liked her album Siberia, Little Machines is meh..

Siberia is still my favorite...but LM took a little longer to get used to. I really love it now too, and it's some of the most fun live!

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

CHECK THIS SHIT OUT YA'LL

Lights is honestly so incredible. I place her as most important to me, even above Lana.

I think she is a talented lyricist, her voice puts me in a happy place, and she loves her fans.

Lana is a bit more distant but that's due to her being on a whole different caliber. But Lights is forever my favorite.

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

CHECK THIS SHIT OUT YA'LL

Lights is honestly so incredible. I place her as most important to me, even above Lana.

I think she is a talented lyricist, her voice puts me in a happy place, and she loves her fans.

Lana is a bit more distant but that's due to her being on a whole different caliber. But Lights is forever my favorite.

wwaAAAAIIIITTTT this is gorgeous

lABVyGE.png

wwaAAAAIIIITTTT this is gorgeous

It's also in reverse which means she had to lip sync BACKWARDS. ARTISTS CAN'T EVEN LIP SYNC FORWARD. How the fuck!

BVT4uKe.jpg   

Honestly, I disliked the original Meteorites. But this acoustic version brings a whole new life to the song. I absolutely love it.

MkWI4Ns.png

It's also in reverse which means she had to lip sync BACKWARDS. ARTISTS CAN'T EVEN LIP SYNC FORWARD. How the fuck!

it's not that hard though. i did a short video like that in high school for a project. it's not hard, haha. you just reverse a track and learn how to sing/lip to it. it ain't rocket science, hahah

lABVyGE.png

it's not that hard though. i did a short video like that in high school for a project. it's not hard, haha. you just reverse a track and learn how to sing/lip to it. it ain't rocket science, hahah

If she drew a stick figure on a piece of paper, crumpled it up & threw it in the trash, I'd take it out, flatten it, and frame it.

BVT4uKe.jpg   

If she drew a stick figure on a piece of paper, crumpled it up & threw it in the trash, I'd take it out, flatten it, and frame it.

oh... that's.. lovely.

lABVyGE.png

New Album

1 Week!!!!!!!!

I'm flying to LA to see her acoustic shows.

I've never flown to see anyone before.

BVT4uKe.jpg   

Okay fam, gather around so we can talk about HOW DAMN GREAT MIDNIGHT MACHINES IS. I would have never guessed Up We Go could take such a turn. Follow You Down is absolutely beautiful and reminds me of Shania Twain in her prime for some reason? And the 45 seconds that she takes in Muscle Memory to bring the backing vocals from the bridge to the forefront are glorious.

I think Head Cold is the only duller moment on the album, but it's still pretty good.

MkWI4Ns.png

My FAVE is Muscle Memory

Literally so beautiful and sensual!

Love it

BVT4uKe.jpg   

There hasn't been an update in over a year sooo...

Here is the official music video for her new single: GIANTS

It's the first single off of Skin & Earth; an album / comic book project. There will be six comic books in the series; each with an alternate cover (#1 is being released on July 12th). According to Lights, Giants is tied to the fifth comic book. Also, Lights is co-headlining a fall tour with PVRIS in the USA.

I honestly love this song so much. It's probably my most listened to Lights song now lol

Additionally, earlier this year, Lights collaborated with Steve James for an amazing song called WARRIOR.

utwU6cX.gif

Love, love LIGHTS. Have been a fan since 2010. I was fortunate enough to see her in concert in 2012. Was blown away by her vocals! They are so much more powerful than what you hear in her studio tracks. I'm glad that she's finally showing her vocal range more. I also saw her after the concert, and she is the most sweetest, down-to-earth person.  

My favorite album is Siberia. 

My favorite songs are: Lions! | Cactus in the Valley | Frame and Focus | Everybody Breaks a Glass | Oil and Water | From All Sides

source.gif source.gif

Been a fan of Lights since 2009, that's when I bought 'The Listening' the very week it got released. At the time, I was going through a very bad time in my life and Lights' music really helped me through it all. I'm forever grateful for her.

I haven't been following her much after the release of Siberia, though.

My favorite album is The Listening, fave songs are: Face Up // Lions! // Quiet // Drive My Soul

My fave songs from Siberia are: Siberia // Cactus In The Valley // Suspension // Heavy Rope

:flutter:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven