TrailerParkDarling

Fiona Apple

OMFG

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

i hope its more like her first two albums, her most recent albums were too musical sounding, a little annoying

tidal is a masterpiece

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

i hope its more like her first two albums, her most recent albums were too musical sounding, a little annoying

tidal is a masterpiece

it was described as having a lot of songs like hot knife. Layers and percussion galore. also kind of rough and unpolished. We'll see. 

how many more days? eeeee i'm so excited

7 days only, and same I cannot wait. It's thrilling that we have literally no idea what this album will sound like and don't even have a single snippet really. Not even the cover art.. 

While I like Tidal and its jazzish vibes, I actually think it's her weakest album. You can hear she's not really figured out the core center of "her sound" yet and how they still tried to push her into a sell-able mold.

It's the FA album that's easiest to approach, it has the most catchy tracks but I think it is far away from the songwriting and vocal quality she archieved on When The Pawn and Extraordinary Machine.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Is she signed to a record company? I didn't even know about this release until today and I found out in here. She needs to open up some type of official social media account (Twitter or Instagram) and allow management to run it. I know she hates social media but in this day and age, that's the way to promote new music and most accounts are run by management. If I hadn't come to this thread, I wouldn't never known she had a new album out in a few days.  :facepalm:

I like all her albums but her last album was a little hard for me to get into. Except for Wolf, the album sounded too demo-ish. I hope this one has a little bit more of the sound of Extraordinary Machine, Pawn and Tidal. 

I imagine this new record will be more akin to Idler Wheel than any of her early stuff. Those early records she would show up to the studio and play on piano and sing and then producers would take care of all the orchestrations and production choices. These days it seems she prefers her work be almost wholly hers. She records in her home studio and even made the other musicians come to her house to record. An interview she did recently said it will be very percussive with lots of chanting, perhaps akin to hot knife.

I imagine this new record will be more akin to Idler Wheel than any of her early stuff. Those early records she would show up to the studio and play on piano and sing and then producers would take care of all the orchestrations and production choices. These days it seems she prefers her work be almost wholly hers. She records in her home studio and even made the other musicians come to her house to record. An interview she did recently said it will be very percussive with lots of chanting, perhaps akin to hot knife.

the percussion on the idler wheel is incredible!!! even the piano she is using is more percussive than a regular piano. THE TAPE BEING USED IN PERIPHERY IS INCREDIBLE. im so excited for FTBC SO EXCITED 

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

anyone who expects something like early fiona is setting themselves up for disappointment. she said it's raw, unpolished with lots of percussion and chanting. If anything it'll be closest to the idler wheel, which i am personally thrilled about

I think we have to consider it’s very possible it was done quickly because she was far more interested in just getting the record out there than going through any extensive preparations for an album rollout (which would likely include planning a more elaborate cover).

I actually like the cover and I think it’s fitting.