Sign in to follow this  
DUKE

Mylène Farmer

Can we talk about the songs Mylene wrote too ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDwKPGUIVME

This one is awesome ...

01. My name is Lolita 
02. Lo or even Lola 
03. it's all the same 
04. My name is Lolita 
05. When wolves ravish my dreams, 
06. it's Lola who bleeds 
07. When my tongue slips, 
08. I let out such a wild giggle 
09. A wild little Phenomenon 
10. My name is Lolita 
11. Aqua vitae, Deluge of Love 

12. It's not my fault! 
13. Even when I stop trying 
14. I see them all 
15. ready to spurt on me 
16. It's not my fault, 
17. if all around me I hear 
18. "L. O. L. I. T. A." 
19. Me, Lolita... 

20. My name is Lolita 
21. Schoolgirl in stockings 
22. dyed methylene blue 
23. My name is Lolita 
24. Hot-blooded, or not; 
25. Partly-cotton, or partly-wool 
26. Secretive lips that hide 
27. from mom that 
28. I am a Phenomenon 
29. My name is Lolita 
30. Aqua vitae, Deluge of Love 

I love the lyrics, they are so clever with nice references to the book by Nabokov. For example, Mylène used many times different nicknames for Lolita and she highlighted the sounding of Lolita, which is something Nabokov did a lot. The references to her childish attitude are everywhere, including her way of speaking which is hard to translate in English. I like a lot the line about how when she stops speaking they are all ready to attack her ... In the book we never actually hear Lolita and because of that some people think she's the wrong one. It's an amazing song. 

SCARFACE2371.png

I absolutely adore Mylène. "C'est une belle journée" is personally my favorite song of hers but I think that "Moi... Lolita" is the best song she has ever written. To be honest, I did not like MF first, even being Alizée's fan - for me lyrics of Mylène were just meaningless graphomania. They are often indeed chaotic. But when I started to understand it and also my French got a little better - I couldn't help loving her music. That's it.

And the wind I know it’s cold

Anyone else wishing SO BADLY she would release En Concert '89 DVD? It's my favorite Mylène concert ever, the others are great as well (well, besides "Avant que l'ombre" I really dislike; I know she worked on it hard but there's absolutely nothing attractive in it -_-') but they don't compare to '89. Anyway, watching YT vids isn't the same.

Besides, "Timeless" is my second favorite. It's so Mylènish. Looking forward to DVD release.

Anyone else wishing SO BADLY she would release En Concert '89 DVD? It's my favorite Mylène concert ever, the others are great as well [...]

I'm surprised they still haven't released a DVD. I mean, when has Polydor France ever missed out on an opportunity to make money with Mylène? :toofunny: But the show is really great. I think this might be her darkest yet...

Besides, "Timeless" is my second favorite. It's so Mylènish. Looking forward to DVD release.

And it was so beautiful and amazing live... :flutter: Have you seen the four-minute trailer?  :deadbanana:

Have you seen the four-minute trailer?  :deadbanana:

Of course I have. I can't wait to see 'le film', especially that I've never been to her concert and I never will.

Yeah, I don't get why the DVD hasn't been released. Understandable with "Giorgino" which was a flop and brought many negative emotions to Mylène and Laurent but En Concert? And hey, we've got a DvD of "Giorgino" and none of EC? That sucks.

OMG I'm so exited :D I've stumbled upon the video to "C'est une belle journée" on youtube and decided to finally give her a try (it always takes me lots of time to get into new artists). At first I didn't recognize the song at all, but when the chorus kicked in I realized that I've loved the song when it was still playing all over the radio as a single!!! :ahhney: Obviously I had no idea of what's the title or who's a singer, cause I've been way too young and can't speak French at all.... This song gives me such heartbreaking nostalgia, and I'm even more in love after reading the lyrics. I guess I really have to listen to Mylene :D It's such a shame for me that she mostly sings in French, cause it creates a barrier for me... thank God for English translations!

i am nothing and should be everything

At first I didn't recognize the song at all, but when the chorus kicked in I realized that I've loved the song when it was still playing all over the radio as a single!!! :ahhney: Obviously I had no idea of what's the title or who's a singer, cause I've been way too young and can't speak French at all.... This song gives me such heartbreaking nostalgia, and I'm even more in love after reading the lyrics.

I have never heard Mylene's songs on any Polish radio, tbh... Lucky you tho :) .

I have never heard Mylene's songs on any Polish radio, tbh... Lucky you tho :) .

I'm pretty sure that Trójka used to play her singles... maybe even a recent one. A year or two ago I've heard a song in French which was very similar to what Mylene does... of course I don't know the artist or title :defeated: I think that might have been her too...

[http://www.polskieradio.pl/9/684/Artykul/430203,W-tonacji-Trojki-1-wrzesnia-2011] Here's definite proof[/url] that sometimes you can hear Mylene on this radio station.

I find it a bit sad that probably Kate Ryan's covers of Libertine and Desenchantee are more popular than Mylene's. Most people didn't even know that those are not Kate Ryan's original songs... I'm glad that I've found Mylene's :D they're so much better without the shitty dance beats.

I find it a bit sad that probably Kate Ryan's covers of Libertine and Desenchantee are more popular than Mylene's. Most people didn't even know that those are not Kate Ryan's original songs... I'm glad that I've found Mylene's :D they're so much better without the shitty dance beats.

I do not find it a bit sad but damnly annoying. One, Kate Ryan had beautiful lyrics and still managed to fuck up the songs. Two, many stations play her instead of MF and France Gall ("Ella elle l'a"). And thus if someone does know a name of one of the three, it's Kate's.

I do not find it a bit sad but damnly annoying. One, Kate Ryan had beautiful lyrics and still managed to fuck up the songs. Two, many stations play her instead of MF and France Gall ("Ella elle l'a"). And thus if someone does know a name of one of the three, it's Kate's.

You're right... because obviously, I had no idea that "Ella elle l'a" is not Kate Ryan's song. :facepalm:  It's not like I listen to her music, but I know that such a song exists...

I swear that Kate Ryan is exactly like one-person Cascada, but dedicated to fucking up only songs with French lyrics. :creep: From the sound of Kate Ryan's covers, I really wouldn't think that those songs have such deep lyrics...

It always irks me a bit when people like shitty dance/techno covers of a genius song and don't even realize that there's another version.

I know that it's not their fault, but... come on.

http://www.innamoramento.net/mylene-farmer/news/2015-08-06-rumeur-nouvel-album-decembre/

Back with a new album in December 2015... (see Pascal Nègre [universal Music France] and FNAC's twits)

And, according to ChartInFrance (whose source, in turn, is ParisMatch), the first single is due to be released in October and performed at the NRJ Music Awards on November 7. Rumor has it too that on this album she'll collaborate with Sting and not with Laurent Boutonnat (Blue Noir vol 2?) and that there will be no tour following the album's release (just like Blue Noir again)

I expect something less danc-y, electropop-py than her last albums because I just can't imagine Sting doing this thing (though, maybe I will be surprised, who knows? and anyway, maybe it's not even true, months ago, rumor had it too that she'd collaborate with Muse...). But what boggles my mind the most are the lyrics - "Monkey Me" sounded to me like she was closing her "universum", going back to her early years, quoting herself and making a statement that she "wants to live" ("j'ai envie de vivre") in spite of her countless songs about death. And now I'm so freaking curious. I've got a feeling it will be awesome and mind-blowing.