Sign in to follow this  
Manueldelrey

Y&B Remix. Another big hit for Lana and Cedric?

Cedric Gervais revealed the Young And Beautiful Remix will be released as a single in the winter, and his Remix of Summertime Sadness has proven to be a big sleeper hit.

Do you think Y&B can be as big as SS? Or people will not notice it? I think it can chart good, not as good as SS but it will add more sales :)

Summertime Sadness jumped to 6 this week on the Hot 100 and has officially gone Platinum and Young And Beautiful sales are at 788.000 (It has been rising because of SS i think)

hope not, the remix is even worse than the song

inb4 Lana Del Rey's "Young & Beautiful (Cedric Gervais Remix) Wins Oscar!

:defeated: kill cedric

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I think Y&B can chart well in US. I don't see it charting like SS tho since I don't see a big international appeal for the song. They should've released while the movie was still fresh. Anyway agree with @BabyVAlex. ungrateful bitchs she is charting so well who cares if basic people like more the remix?. Let them have cake while we have the original. Everyone wins that way. :whitney:

glgcDdT.gif

I think Y&B can chart well in US. I don't see it charting like SS tho since I don't see a big international appeal for the song. They should've released while the movie was still fresh. Anyway agree with @BabyVAlex. ungrateful bitchs she is charting so well who cares if basic people like more the remix?. Let them have cake while we have the original. Everyone wins that way. :whitney:

This. I remember it was around #20 when the movie was released. It was the best promo for the song. I dont really know why they didnt send it to radios. Now they will release it again with some shit remix. They act like ballads cant chart well.

If the remix doesn't affect Lana's chance of getting a Oscar/Golden Globe nomination then anything is okay with me, she has a LOT of buzz for a nomination and maybe the remix can do bad for it? Hope not.

Maybe with the Remix release Y&B sales (original song) will go up as well because SS (album version) has been selling pretty good too! I just don't want more remix, let Lana try to chart with her original work.

Just out of curiosity, do the guys who make these remixes have to ask for Lana's permission to use her song, or just the label's, or neither?

I wonder how Lana feels about the fact that the watered-down, oonts oonts oonts versions of her songs are way more popular and successful than the original ones... :eek:

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

Just out of curiosity, do the guys who make these remixes have to ask for Lana's permission to use her song, or just the label's, or neither?

I wonder how Lana feels about the fact that the watered-down, oonts oonts oonts versions of her songs are way more popular and successful than the original ones... :eek:

I don't think Lana has anything to say in this... it's most likely her managers, I'd say. It all depends on how/if you want to commercialize it (copyrights $$) and if it's far different from the original. But he has a contract with Interscope now, sooooo don't worry about this and be ready to eat some Gervais girl. :eartha:

Didn't she said a few words about it in that Radio.com interview? I don't really remember.

SS remix wasn't thaaat bad. It gave her a lot of attention so that's cool.

The Y&B remix is just terrible though. Like waaaaaaaaay worse than SS.

:pft:

It would be nice if she was recognized for her originals, not some generic remix.

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18