cartoon eyes

LEAST Favorite Lana Songs?

babygirl I'm praying for you

Yayo (AKA), Heroin, PWYC are masterpieces in my mind

Yayo sounds like she's incoherently singing over a track

PWYC slaps SOMETIMES, it's the ending I can't really stand. Her high vocals are a hit or miss w me because sometimes they just sound...strange

Heroin (the drug) was a touchy subject for me in 2017 and as a result I never liked the song

negAbhB.png

BTD (don't hate them but I'm over them):

Dark paradise ( good song but never got into it)

Born to die ( always kind of meh to me)

lucky ones ( so out of place on the record honestly)

this is what makes us girls official ver (beautiful but a snoozer)

Without you

PARADISE:

Gods and monsters (you're gonna cut yourself on that edge Lana)

Cola (chorus doesn't do much for me anymore tbh)

UV:

Fucked my way up to the top

Money power glory

both of these suffer from the same problem. The choruses sound like uninspired movie soundtracks, and the lyrics are blatantly obnoxious.

HM: 

Art deco

Freak

just don't like the way they sound

LFL (haven't heard them all) :

Lust for life (ugly)

white mustang (just straightup boring)

BPBP (starts out very beautiful with the first verse but then falls flat with those awful harmonizations)

Love (tried to get into it but it's just too slow)

UNRELEASED (haven't heard them all) :

Resistance

Roses

Anyways, whats with all the Carmen and Million dollar man hate?

Those are some of my favorites

If you don't think it's Coachella then you don't deserve ears. Cut them off. 

for some reason i decided i needed to re-listen to it to verify this statement, and may i just say that your suggestion now sounds extremely appealing

it's just the way i feel

Put Me In a Movie disturbs me, and not in an intriguing or fun way.

music video gives me pedo vibes 

never heard it but I guess i'll take your word for it

just realized that I have heard it, and yeah.....it's a pretty cringy track

Hope is a Dangerous Thing. I'm not fond of the lyrics. Stranger than a stranger bops more than this entire song.

edit: So, I have changed my mind since writing this. I enjoy the song more now.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

This thread made me realise I really dislike a lot of Lana songs  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

I feel like a flop

Florida Kilos, the PD version of Yayo, and Burning Desire are trash don’t @ me

Blue Velvet and Yayo.

Let's see how much hate I get for this.

Florida Kilos

yeah Florida Kilos x 

Venice Bitch. So so so bad.

Tomorrow Never Came always

Not most of my faves being mentioned in only a page (PNG, VB, Yayo, Florida Kilos) :toofunny:  :toofunny: . And Blue Velvet, which is a gorgeous cover of a gorgeous song.

the only lana songs I have overwhelming negative feelings about are Put Me in a Movie and Lolita. And in my moralist opinion there's really no justification for bopping to the lyric "come on u know you like little girls" 

this is what makes us girls. i'll sing along but i wouldn't miss it if it was never made. 

hope is a dangerous.... too wordy. third verse sounds like Lana took out her rhyming dictionary and wrote whatever down whatever ended in "tion"

american is the worst.

lust for life. i stan the demo but the official is ugh.

for k pt. 2...i just don't like the beginning of it. yaknow the part that sounds like a theme from the pink panther. rahab/rehab/for k pt. 2 demos are far superior and i have no problem with them, rahab is actually one of my favorite songs from her unreleased

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

I don't necessarily dislike Pretty when you cry or Sad Girl, but they do sound awfully similar imo. Still, I guess it means UV is cohesive.

Also, hot take, but I like without you+ paradise ep more than the rest of Born To Die. Still an iconic era for sure, I just don't feel like it has aged as well as Paradise, UV and Honeymoon which are Lana's holy trinity imo.

Maybe this should be posted in the unpopular opinions thread, but I feel as though at the start of her career Lana's music videos and creative direction were better compared to NFR, but the authenticity and overall enjoyability(is that even a word?) of NFR is far greater. My Mum for example loves NFR but can't stand BTD. So if my Mum represents your average local, why doesn't Lana play more NFR at her concerts! Seriously, I know Summertime sadness, blue jeans, etc were hits, but I feel like NFR is even more universally pleasing to casual listeners.

giphy.gif

The fight or flight response I just had cause I saw the letters LEA..

anyways White Mustang, Coachella, lowkey Change too

NFR’s TNBAR’s also a skip for me but if it weren’t for the superior demo I would probs love that song

qfrWuBl.png

Lust for Life. NO redeeming qualities

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Still Burning Desire and Fl*r*da K*l*s

And I wouldn’t say I hate it but part of me kinda resents Doin’ Time lmao. I still think it was shoehorned onto the album at the last minute bc it was performing well and someone (Lana, the label, whoever) wanted to boost sales; it doesn’t fit with the rest of the album at all, and it flows better without it. It also annoys me that out of all the fantastic original work and songwriting she’s done (even on NFR), of all songs, this song - a cover - got so much attention. It’s not even her best cover IMO.

The final version of TNBAR is also trash and doesn’t belong on NFR but we’ve already beaten that one into the ground

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif