Sign in to follow this  
Manueldelrey

MTV EMA 2013. The nominees!

:smile:

also, to me it sounds like the line between being a good or bad girl is blurred, i don't get why ppl think it's about consent? like he's obviously not talking about rape? he may be a shitty songwriter but i doubt that he's a sociopath

I hate that song and the video. And Im not a feminist or even someone who cares much about morals like good girls or bad girls. My points are simple tbh why I loathe that video:

If the guys were wearing their undies as well I would loathe it less. But something about 3 grown dudes in a suit and a bunch of naked women running in circle around them being compared to what looks like a goat while Thicke licks a ice cream and puts chains on them or slaps their butt makes me wanna blur my vision.  looks really gross to me. Like is not offensive the word is really gross tbh.

I get the bluerred Lines between good girl or bad girl. Tbh honest to me depends on the day. But that is not what I see as the message in that video. The Bluerred Lines is just that women are things, like a pet you own and give slaps in the butt.

I just loathe the song and Thicke. Pharrel i expect doing that but T.I I have no idea what he is doing there

glgcDdT.gif

I hate that song and the video. And Im not a feminist or even someone who cares much about morals like good girls or bad girls. My points are simple tbh why I loathe that video:

If the guys were wearing their undies as well I would loathe it less. But something about 3 grown dudes in a suit and a bunch of naked women running in circle around them being compared to what looks like a goat while Thicke licks a ice cream and puts chains on them or slaps their butt makes me wanna blur my vision.  looks really gross to me. Like is not offensive the word is really gross tbh.

I get the bluerred Lines between good girl or bad girl. Tbh honest to me depends on the day. But that is not what I see as the message in that video. The Bluerred Lines is just that women are things, like a pet you own and give slaps in the butt.

I just loathe the song and Thicke. Pharrel i expect doing that but T.I I have no idea what he is doing there

wow have u seen a hip hop video?

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

wow have u seen a hip hop video?

I have to agree, having seen this

tumblr_m3ie3xFFok1r33r0fo1_500.gif

a bunch of girls dancing half-naked in some video just seems a bit ridiculous in comparison, as far as female objectification goes.

Blurred Lines just happened to be the flavour of the month for internet SJWs, that's all. All this wave of outrage is little more than a trend, like cultural appropriation was a few months ago. With this I'm not saying many of the criticisms aren't valid, but mindless bandwagoning will never not annoy me.

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

I have to agree, having seen this

tumblr_m3ie3xFFok1r33r0fo1_500.gif

a bunch of girls dancing half-naked in some video just seems a bit ridiculous in comparison, as far as female objectification goes.

Blurred Lines just happened to be the flavour of the month for internet SJWs, that's all. All this wave of outrage is little more than a trend, like cultural appropriation was a few months ago. With this I'm not saying many of the criticisms aren't valid, but mindless bandwagoning will never not annoy me.

I kind off disagree sis. You know if Bluerred Lines had remained buried in Robert's Thicke fanclub I would agree with you. It's not the flavour of the month is the effort to lift Robert Thicke made by Pharrel that made that video go viral. Also the fact that is played in US every minute doesn't help much. In other words: I didn't go loocking for it just to make a critic the Bluerred thing find me in my perfect little bubble not the other way around. There for I am criticizing it. The fact that are worst videos around doesn't make Bluerred Lines better IMO.

Obviously the credit card video on your spoiler (I have no idea what video is that) is disgusting as well but that doesn't make me like BL more.

glgcDdT.gif

I kind off disagree sis. You know if Bluerred Lines had remained buried in Robert's Thicke fanclub I would agree with you. It's not the flavour of the month is the effort to lift Robert Thicke made by Pharrel that made that video go viral. Also the fact that is played in US every minute doesn't help much. In other words: I didn't go loocking for it just to make a critic the Bluerred thing find me in my perfect little bubble not the other way around. There for I am criticizing it. The fact that are worst videos around doesn't make Bluerred Lines better IMO.

Obviously the credit card video on your spoiler (I have no idea what video is that) is disgusting as well but that doesn't make me like BL more.

I agree with you when you say that it's not because there's worse videos out there than we shouldn't care about this one, but I get the distinct feeling that people are way more bothered by its popularity than by the issue in itself (female objectification). It's like, instead of discussing the actual problem and trying to find ways to solve it / change things, everyone's busy hating on this specific video and Robin Thicke for months now. It's just a distraction, and yet another way to make headlines and more $$$. That's my problem with all the controversy, people are easily distracted by details and end up forgetting the bigger picture. A serious issue has turned into a parody -- it's now basically an internet fight between people criticizing the video (some with valid and genuine reasons, others not so much) & all the bandwagoners jumping on board because it's the 'cool' and 'trendy' thing to do, against others who will defend it because it's the 'edgy' and 'different' thing to do, while the actual issue has long become secondary. Guess who wins with all this.

(btw the guy in the video is Nelly, can't remember the name of the song rn)

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

Today the MTV EMA 2013 nominations were announced, Lana didn't got any nominations sadly and i don't know why because SS is smashing all over the world.

This are the nominees:

Best Song

Best Video

Best Female

Best Male]

Best New Act

Best Pop

Best Rock

Best Alternative

Best Electronic

Best Hip-Hop

Best Live Act