keanefar

What Songs Grew On You?

I really used to hate National Anthem, but I find it quite fun now. I used to also not really care for Carmen but now it’s one of my favourites on BTD. Also it took me awhile to appreciate Groupie Love because I judged it too soon for being a hip hop collab but it’s so adorable and I’m quite fond of it now. And I used to find Brite Lites and Smarty annoying, but now I don’t mind them.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

When I first explored Ultraviolence, the opening of West Coast sounded really dull to me so I stopped listening after about 30 seconds. Some time later I decided to buckle in and give it a full play and damn. The chorus is what made the song, and my favorite of the album. I'm still tryna figure out why I didn't like it so much at first

I DON'T LIKE LANA ANYMORE

tumblr_mjladggtVx1rdgz31o1_400.gif

PLS DELETE MY ACCOUNT

Coachella - I really hated it when it first came out, but today I love it (especially the bridge, oh god what a bridge, so heavenly)

Off To The Races - couldn't stand it and always skipped it, then I paid attention to the lyrics and saw what a musical masterpiece it is!

Terrence Loves You - used to think it was fucking boring, then I bought HM vinyl, listened to it and saw that this is a true gem

original.gif

For some reason I never gave Ultraviolence or Cruel World a real chance, listened to them twice, decided they were boring and after that always skipped over them when listening to the album. I really played myself I was missing out on so much, Ultraviolence is a queen and Cruel World is such a cutie

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

I thought Mariners Apartment Complex and Lust for Life both felt very unfinished on first listen. Now I love both

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I have a couple of these, actually. A lot of Lana's music has to grow on me.

Flipside - I didn't hate it, but I used to skip it the most out of the UV lineup. Listened to it on a late-night road trip about a year ago and completely fell in love. I don't know how I went four years without recognizing that song for the masterpiece it is.

13 Beaches, WTWWAWWKD, and Get Free were all songs that I skipped pretty regularly but now love. Love had to grow on me, too.

Lucky Ones and Lust For Life are two songs I never got on board with. I've tried so hard with them, and I just can't make myself like them. :toofunny:

When LFL first came out I hated White Mustang, but now it's one of my fav songs on there! Although it is a simple song it takes a while to realise how subtly it builds and layers and how her voice has this gorgeous sense of almost desperation at the "and you're revving, and revving...." part. I really sink into that song now.

Wq9zHLl.jpg

24 (I was weird) and Terrence Loves You. Now I can't stop crying my pathetic ass off to them. Such masterpieces.
LFL also. I still hate it, it's her worst album so far, but at least rn I like 6 songs out of it, instead of like 2  :toofunny:

Most of Honeymoon, I bought it when it came out and listened to it that day at work and I never liked anything it was such a let down and after it I only really liked Art Deco and over time God Knows I Tries and The Blackest Day. It was only when LFL came out I started listening to Honeymoon more again and now  I like most of the songs a lot Salvatore, Terrence Loves You, Religion are among my favourites now with The Blackest Day and God Knows I Tried. The only songs I dont really listen to are the last 3.

Also Without You :toofunny: I literally had 0 interest in that and Lucky Ones when BTD came out. None. I listened to it once and then skipped it for years. About two years ago I listened to it again and now I’m in love with it.

I thought I would hate Happiness is a Butterfly based off of the snippets, and now it’s one of my favorite tracks. There’s so much going on, but it doesn’t sound messy and it’s great hearing Lana’s emotions come through clearly in her vocals. I love hearing the anger when she sings, “I said, ‘Don’t be a jerk! Don’t call me a taxi! Sittin’ in your sweatshirt, CRYIN’ IN THE BACKSEAT- OOOH OOooh oooh, I just wanna dance with yoooouuu.” Then it turns to sadness. Ugh, it’s THE song that perfectly captures the emotions during a breakup.

I thought I would hate Happiness is a Butterfly based off of the snippets, and now it’s one of my favorite tracks. There’s so much going on, but it doesn’t sound messy and it’s great hearing Lana’s emotions come through clearly in her vocals. I love hearing the anger when she sings, “I said, ‘Don’t be a jerk! Don’t call me a taxi! Sittin’ in your sweatshirt, CRYIN’ IN THE BACKSEAT- OOOH OOooh oooh, I just wanna dance with yoooouuu.” Then it turns to sadness. Ugh, it’s THE song that perfectly captures the emotions during a breakup.

I always loved HiaB, but thought this was real important to highlight. :heart: 

UV/Honeymoon

Without You, i use to try and avoid that song so much until I sat down and finally listened to it. The piano demo is a lot better than the album version tho!

Florida Kilos use to be a song I hated to but it's became my 7th favourite Lana song. Still dislike Guns & Roses but I have started warming up to it a bit more.

dNvtmdN.png

Brooklyn baby was the only song on UV that I didn't like on release. But by 2015 I loved it. One of my favourites to sing around the house.

And I didn't like Body Electric until Tropico came out. The video made me realize how how legendary it was.

Venice Bitch. I used to think it was boring, but now I can appreciate the soft vintage-y sound of the song. It's still a bit too long for me though.

Venice Bitch. I used to think it was boring, but now I can appreciate the soft vintage-y sound of the song. It's still a bit too long for me though. Most of the song is just a lengthened outro to me.