keanefar

What Songs Grew On You?

Definetly Off to the races but tbh the most songs of Born to die. At my first listen i didn't like half of the album. Thank god it grew on me a lot and I love this album now.

It took me a long time to like God knows I tried, Salvatore and The other woman.

The only songs that never grew on me are Lolita and the chorus of Guns and Roses (the verses are good but the chorus is such a letdown)

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I don't think I've had many songs that I didn't like at first but then came to like. I think I stay pretty consistent except I might have the opposite problem. There are a lot of times that I love songs at first but then I don't care for them anymore. 

13 Beaches is an example. On first listen, that was one of her best songs to me. Now I rarely listen to it. I still like it, but it's not as good as I thought it once was.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

I'm pretty picky with songs and lyrics so there are plenty that I never really gave a shot but grew on me over the years. So actually, sometimes it's basically like I discovered a brand new Lana song when really it's old, and it's just that I'm finally liking it enough to not skip around and exit. The wildest one was West Coast. I couldn't really listen to it for maybe a year because it just didn't do it for me. Then one day, I came across it again when I was more patient I guess lol, and with time it really became one of my fave Lana songs  :flutter:

The first time I listened to NFR, the only stand out track that I really enjoyed was Venice Bitch. That's a good song. But upon subsequent listenings to the album, I really like Cinnamon Girl too, that's another good song.

california, cinnamon girl, and how to disappear ONLY before the bells kick in tho

Maybe the bells part in How to Disappear will grew on you on Christmas :hooker:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

california, cinnamon girl, and how to disappear ONLY before the bells kick in tho

update im back to not liking cinnamon girl but i have been converted to a bartender stan by @@RormanNockwell but i also really appreciate hope now too

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

I didn't like The Greatest at first. But I kept listening and started to enjoy, especially the drum drop and her tone in the pre-chorus. Also the way she sang "dum, dum, dum" after the first chorus, makes me feel kinda nostalgic with the piano and the guitar. Makes me think it's kinda of a LDR mark or something like that, I swear I heard before in her music, but I don't know...

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

God Bless America And All the Beautiful Quarantined Women In It. The harmony and melody layering near the end of the song. Beautiful

Norman Fucking Rockwell  & Blue Velvet 

OiUHEXQ.jpg