keanefar

What Songs Grew On You?

From the BTD-album National Anthem sounded weird. After playing it a complete weekend, the problem was solved and now I like it very much.

I also had to get used to Gods & Monsters. Not the lyrics but the music. Now I like that one also.

Diet Mountain Dew and Lolita as they are on Born To Die took a while to grow on me.

I wasn't a fan of Carmen or Pawn Shop Blues right away either, but Pawn Shop Blues is now one of my most favourite LDR songs.

"Dark Paradise" after seeing Lana sing it live, and "Summertime Sadness" too because I used to think it was one of the worst songs on the album. I really want the final version of "Diet Mountain Dew" to grow on me but I hate it because they ruined it by turning the song into an overproduced and loud mess.

In terms of released songs, the song that grew on me is definitely Diet Mountain Dew. Wasn't sure at first, then found myself listening to it all the time.

In terms of unreleased songs, I used to hate Ridin'(feat. A$AP Rocky).....but too be honest......im havin a few drinks right now completely gettin' it to this song.

I didn't like "Yayo" on AKA or Paradise but the Paradise version somehow grew on me soon enough. I also didn't like "Burning Desire" to start off but believe me it's a sexy song and I couldn't handle not liking it afterwards. From Born To Die album the song that probably grew on me from that was "Off To The Races", "Carmen", "Diet Mountain Dew" and "Million Dollar Man". They were hard to like at first but they seemed to grow on me the more I listened to Born To Die, which is still her fabulous all time favourite album at the moment. I still ain't grew on many songs from AKA or Sirens. I guess those two albums aren't for me. Most of the Unreleased material hasn't grown on me either but I started to like "Ridin'" feat. A$AP Rocky which I really didn't like at first, it got better and I started to thoroughly enjoy it afterwards as well as knowing I'm not even keen on rap music. 

tumblr_nv3ubpr8ay1u9vsflo1_540.gif

Off to The Race's I've lost love for, just because urgh bad memories. 

I have that with Lolita.

That "fruit punch lips" line at the start always makes me think of a guy who I'd rather forget forever :eek:

Every Man Gets His Wish, for sure. I used to always skip it and I hadn't listened to the full song until recently, because the whistling used to literally make me cringe.  :die:  I thought it was awkward as fuck, which it kinda is lol. Thank God I was super lazy one day and didn't skip it - now it's in my top 10.

on a completely unrelated note, is this nelly furtado? :karaoke:  

Every Man Gets His Wish, for sure. I used to always skip it and I hadn't listened to the full song until recently, because the whistling used to literally make me cringe.  :die:  I thought it was awkward as fuck, which it kinda is lol. Thank God I was super lazy one day and didn't skip it - now it's in my top 10.

on a completely unrelated note, is this nelly furtado? :karaoke:  

Jessie J :karaoke:

Some of them I'll listen to at first when they leak and I'm like... ok, crackhead @@lanadelrey

but later on I'm like.. oh this is amazing, how did u think of this??? and what was my life before having heard it?? i.e. daddy issues, gangsta boy, catch and release, scarface

and then there others that are slower that take me a while but once i listen to em i love em like strange love.. I feel like people forget about that one but I really like it

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

I think most of Paradise had to grow on me... especially Cola/Gods & Monsters. Most of the others though, I usually tend to either like them a lot from the beginning and then kinda get bored or just like them a lot 4ever. 

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif

and then there others that are slower that take me a while but once i listen to em i love em like strange love.. I feel like people forget about that one but I really like it

Oh really, that song! I like it.

I think I didn't listen to it even 10 times yet though....so many songs overshadow it.

I'll go and catch up now :creep:

For some reason that song makes me think of deserts...