Sign in to follow this  
CHARLIXCX

Tracklisting For Lana Del Rey’S Upcoming Re-Release, Born To Die: The Paradise Edition!

PopHatesFags is proud to present you with the tracklisting for Lana Del Rey’s upcoming re-release, Born To Die: The Paradise Edition! While we can’t offer you a definite order yet, we can give you the names of each song and a glimpse into the creation of some of the tracks.

• Paradise’: From what we hear, this track is probably going to be the first on the album. Here Lana sets the tone of the rest of the album, which contrasts nicely with Born To Die - in fact, with ‘Paradise’, Lana has deliberately created a song that is the complete opposite of ‘Born To Die’. The song incorporates samples from her second single, starting with a few raspy “why?“‘s before launching into the song itself. Contrasting once more with the melancholy of Born To Die is the optimism we see in ‘Paradise’ - the lyrics are relatively happy for Lana as she sing’s, “You can run my heart, supersonic pop/Down, down, take you down to paradise”, and the track has an unexpected hint of electro-pop which makes it fun and exciting.
  • ‘Ride’: This is probably going to be the first single off the album, and Lana was spotted shooting a video for it last week in the Valley of Fire in Nevada. While we haven’t heard this track yet, the fact that extras were wearing bikie gear and rode in on motorcycles might give you a hint as to the tone of the song.
  • ‘Young and Beautiful’: While we haven’t heard a full version of this song yet, you can listen to a small snippet of it here. “Will you still love me when I’m not young and beautiful?” Lana asks - but instead of the resounding “no” we might have heard on Born To Die, here she counters with a “I think you will.”
  • ‘Heart-Shaped Box’ - A cover of the Nirvana classic, this one was on Lana’s set when she toured Australia earlier this year, but we had no clue it would end up on her album until today. You can listen to Lana’s cover of the song here. In our opinion, it’s a perfect cover - it pays homage to the original while adding a spooky, etheral, typically Lana atmosphere to it.
  • ‘I Sing the Body Electric’: Lana’s been performing this on her live set for quite some time and she officially confirmed it for inclusion on the album a while ago. While we’re still not quite sure Lana’s going on about here, we’re almost sure it’s a charming reference to Walt Whitman’s poem of the same name, which is all about the interconnectedness of the body and the mind. Listen to a live version of the song here.
  • ‘Blue Velvet’: ‘Blue Velvet’ is a song that was originally recorded for Lana’s H&M campaign, although our source tells us that after recording the song she loved it so much she decided to include it on the album. The song was originally written in the 1950’s by Bernie Wayne and Lee Morris although has since been recorded by artists such as Tony Bennett. It’s possible that Lana’s liked this song for quite a while after she appropriated a line from it in ‘This Is What Makes Us Girls’ (“drinking cherry schnapps in the velvet night”). Here she speaks of eyes that were “bluer than velvet” and how she can “still see blue velvet through [her] tears”. You can listen to Tony Bennett’s version of the songhere, although you won’t have to wait long for Lana’s cover - it’s due out next Monday with a video two days after.
  • ‘In The Land of Gods and Angels’: Lana’s been teasing this one for a while. “In the land of the gods and the angels, I was a monster,” she sings in the song, which she claims channels her inner Leonard Cohen.
  • ‘JFK’: We don’t know much about this one yet, but it’s interesting to see how Lana’s obsession with JFK has grown. After paying homage to him with the ‘National Anthem’ music video, we’re quite intrigued to see what Lana has in store for us here.

Source: PopHatesFags

Z35eHsza.png

I hope the Paradise song isn't electro pop :s But it looks really great, very excited for her cover of Heart Shaped Box especially :)

*Insert awesome and creative photo of Lana with added photoshops effects here*

Guest Chloe

Being in Team Lana has basically taught us to Trust No One, so until there's a source and it's confirmed, I won't believe it..

Guest MissDaytona

Paradise is an old song, so I don't think this is true. As a matter of fact, someone once tried to leak Paradise.. but ended up doing 'Afraid' instead (Note: I'm not this person, IDK this person, I just get the info, don't get it twisted, etc)

pkjhugiyuftvbnmnobuiyvutcyrvubjnkm,l,mnbhvgcftcfyguhbijnomkp,[.,inubytvcvbhnjkml,;.,lmkonjibhuvycguhb jkml,;.,lmkonjibhuvgycvguhbjkl; kjhgvmnubytyrterxtcyvbnmpnuobyiturdyecvbnmminubytvr

:oprah:

:crying:

:defeated:

:legend:

but if it WAS reallllllll

The thing that makes me question this is that Heart Shaped Box is on it. Doesn't Courtney Love have the rights to all the Nirvana stuff? and isn't she known for being a total bitch about not letting anyone cover or use the material hardly ever????

Somehow i just can't see her letting Lana sing it if true, plus, it was such an epic live moment, it's almost too good to be true having it on the re-release.

Here's hoping though, sounds good. They could have actually given us a source. Who gave theme these names ect?

The thing that makes me question this is that Heart Shaped Box is on it. Doesn't Courtney Love have the rights to all the Nirvana stuff? and isn't she known for being a total bitch about not letting anyone cover or use the material hardly ever????

Somehow i just can't see her letting Lana sing it if true, plus, it was such an epic live moment, it's almost too good to be true having it on the re-release.

Here's hoping though, sounds good. They could have actually given us a source. Who gave theme these names ect?

does she? i know Evanescence did a cover it for their EP a million years ago. ugh i hope it's on the album...i need a studio version!

tumblr_maz0yvqp3S1qaio2lo1_500.gif

Oh really?

I remember hearing Baz Lurman talk about using Smells Like Teen Spirit in Moulin Rouge, and how it took so long to get the rights because Love owned the rights and never gave Nirvana songs to anyone and they had to beg her for like 2 years to get it.

Who knows. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Guest Spivey

She wrote about Lana Del Rey covering it, she wrote about how she hopes she knows the song was written about her vagina, but she followed it up later after everyone was saying she bashed Lana Del Rey by saying she thought the cover was lovely and she had a nice voice.

PopHatesFags has been reliable on some other things, from what I've noticed, but we'll see.

We should be getting a tracklist soon anyways.