Sign in to follow this  
CHARLIXCX

Tracklisting For Lana Del Rey’S Upcoming Re-Release, Born To Die: The Paradise Edition!

Guest Maru the Cat

Ahmed told me a while ago that one of the tracks on the re-release was going to be called JFK. Hmmm...

Jaime_King_Veuve_Clicquot_Polo_Classic_Los_Lu7HlRUaVr6l_normal.jpg Jaime King@Jaime_King

Hey assholes, stop leaking tracks of my friend's songs- have some patience, actually, have some damn respect.

Retweeted by Lana Del Rey Online Collapse

Dunno if I am over-analyzing, or if her words aren't being exact (aka she is just assuming), but "patience" makes me think that maybe some of the following: Damn You, Backfire, Hollywood's dead or even Serial Killer may be in the paradise edition .. but thats just my 2-cents

I don't believe in the rumoured tracklist

Guest Maru the Cat

I agree the leaking is insane and too frequent, however, as an artist, take care of your work better. If you don't want people having your work, put a better lock on it. Other artists do it.

Literally.

Beyonce's team go to extreme lengths to make sure no one leaks her music, wiping the studio computers every time she has completed a session. The 'Halo' singer's team make sure there is no trace of her having been in the studio when they finish each recording session with her.

UK singer Conor Maynard said: 'I've heard some mad stories. With Beyonce, I heard that with her people they'll make sure that there's no-one in the studio. They go into the studio, wipe it, set up one new session for her to record. Once she's finished recording they move it onto a hard drive. They wipe the studio computer again and then leave.'

In contrast, Conor said Canadian rapper Drake leaks his own material, but in a controlled way. He added to BBC Newsbeat: 'There are some artists like Drake who leaks his own stuff to start a hype, a buzz. He'll leak tracks that aren't going to be used on the album. So people pay for it because they haven't heard it yet.'

Meanwhile, Tinie Tempah said he finds it 'an absolute pain' to keep his own new tracks for second album 'Demonstration' under wraps, but understands why he has to go to such lengths. He said: 'My sound engineer has a hard drive that's got a code on it and a physical lock. He locks it, then he puts a code on it and then we put it in a safe. You know, like a vault where you put jewellery in and stuff.

'Then he hides that safe and then he locks it away. We've been really anal with it all but hopefully it's going to be worth it.'

Source

If she does use "Paradise"...well, so much for the theory of not using old stuff.

That can stay under wraps, I do not like the idea of having "Paradise" and "Dark Paradise" on two related albums.

And two covers? That itself seems not very plausible. We will see. "JFK" sounds way too typical of her to write. She's already explored that topic and related it to her relationship. Let it go.

She did mention she tried to get covers on BTD but wasn't allowed due to copywrite. She also said the re-release may have a couple covers, so it isn't too far fetched. I wouldn't mind 1 or 2 tbh.

But Blue Velvet in favor of the Elvis covers? :imbeingsarcasticbitch2:

Keep it a hype single.

I don't doubt that some (perhaps all) of these titles will remain on the true tracklisting, but remember all the fake tracklists for "Born to Die?" Exactly. Don't be too trusting.

I don't doubt that some (perhaps all) of these titles will remain on the true tracklisting, but remember all the fake tracklists for "Born to Die?" Exactly. Don't be too trusting.

I'm intrigued to know some of the fake titles, I wasn't a fan before the album.

I'm intrigued to know some of the fake titles, I wasn't a fan before the album.

Me neither! :P I remember some Tumblr being discovered that was claiming to have it, and that one of the songs was called something like "Motel Wasteland." :P

But since Ben confirmed what we know is fake, we will just have to wait.