Manueldelrey

Lana Del Rey Nominated for 2 Grammys!

Paradise doesn't stand a chance in hell, but Young and Beautiful I think is a serious contender with Skyfall.  Although, it probably won't win, they're definitely the strongest two of the bunch. The nod to Paradise seems more like encouragement from the Grammy board than a serious nomination to me. It's lucky to call it an EP and while it has good songs, it's far from best album of the year material.  It's definitely the sleeper in that category.   

u6pq4c9.gif

dont go there. ADELE IS THE KING and the pacman of awards show.

H0gnOqx.gif

YWKpXf4.gif

adele-grammys-junk-food.png

Joke.

I hope it once and for all she wins a Grammy, one of the most important music awards since years ago. Not only 'Born To Die' was an incredible album, also she is for me one of the best artist revelation on 2012, so this is her oportunity. #VoteForLana

4jkmc7.jpg

Babe that ship has sailed a long time ago. Bluerred Lines was nominated which is already a clear message. America was shocked with Miley cyrus at the VMA's yet no one seem to take notice of the 40 year old looking like a pedo on stage with her, you know Robin Thicke.  or the one who created that mess, also 40, called Pharrel. Yet Miley was a "scandal". Go figure.

Remember that Chris Brown was performing at the Grammys and nominated to awards not even 16 months after he almost beat Rihanna to death. Was not even a unknown poor soul was fucking Rihanna. Remember while that is allowed M.I.A is being sued for 1.5 millions for fliping the middle finger at the superbowl. Beating a women is allowed but dont dare flip the middle finger. Who was the rapper who did that pro rape drug song and lost his Reebok contract? T Pain? 2 Chainz?

Personally I just think Blurred Lines winning would be the final "fuck you" to rape victims in the US. You're right, Robin Thicke is the crowned king of double standards tbh

there is a light & it never goes out

Paradise has either 0 chance or 100 percent.

Her biggest competition is Bruno. Lorde album is defo not going to win. She will sweep with royals but not with her album. She's not even nominated for BNA.

Robin Thicke won't win either. Justin Timberlake has a high chance but his team recently dissed the grammys, so no for him.

Am I the only one who thinks Lana and Lorde (the Lana imitator, yes I went there!) in the same category will split the votes between the two of them and cancel each other out? They're both similar. I'd love to see her win but it's kind of amazing that they even remembered Paradise and that she's there in the first place. 

Am I the only one who thinks Lana and Lorde (the Lana imitator, yes I went there!) in the same category will split the votes between the two of them and cancel each other out? They're both similar. I'd love to see her win but it's kind of amazing that they even remembered Paradise and that she's there in the first place. 

This.

Lana is much better in many ways than Lorde (in my opinion). And Lorde recently said some bad words about Lana, so f*ck her. 

4jkmc7.jpg

This.

Lana is much better in many ways than Lorde (in my opinion). And Lorde recently said some bad words about Lana, so f*ck her. 

But would Lana be nominated if Lorde didn't make alt chicks kewl this year? :lordejesus:

But would Lana be nominated if Lorde didn't make alt chicks kewl this year? :lordejesus:

alt chicks kewl? What do you mean?

4jkmc7.jpg

I think they liked Royals a lot more than Pure Heroine. Just hope or Royals wins Record of the year so Pharrel and Thicke can die a slow death tbh

glgcDdT.gif

Of course she would be.

Lorde did nothing but say hurtful words about her :lolno:

How DARE you! Lorde is a feminist and Lana is not. And Lorde is writing about the relevant shit, ya know? And she is so not tired of telling it in every interview, but she is too precious to tell us all directly that she is better than everybody else. She just puts it in a way that we ALL see the light  :lordejesus:

The other popgirls feminism is not right. She will tell you what's the right one, cuz she is an ugly teen that knows it all. Pretty people don't know shit, cuz they're pretty.

She is ugly and she has read some books, y'all! Pretty girls just read Cosmo.

And in all seriousness, I hate that fucking cunt. 

Guest Dot

Paradise doesn't stand a chance in hell, but Young and Beautiful I think is a serious contender with Skyfall.  Although, it probably won't win, they're definitely the strongest two of the bunch. The nod to Paradise seems more like encouragement from the Grammy board than a serious nomination to me. It's lucky to call it an EP and while it has good songs, it's far from best album of the year material.  It's definitely the sleeper in that category.   

What if Paradise is the dark horse snatching weaves by winning this category? You never know... :hottie:

I will never understand how Lorde is even remotely similar to Lana, but I am all for eloquent explanations.

Two females singing below their comfortable voice range over hip-hop beats who are praised more for their lyrics than their music and either have or had cred among the "indie"/hipster scene. Often liked by people in order to appear to be intellectual and different from those other stans who like "basic" pop stars (Marina falls into this bandwagon category too but doesn't meet the musical/lyrical/vocal requirements to be directly compared to Lorde and Lana). Had one song they're known for (Lana: Video Games, Lorde: Royals) and wrote/recorded music for a film (Lana did Gatsby, I think Lorde did Catching Fire). They're both relatively polarizing figures.

Also their names both start with an L. :creep:

Honestly, the fact that Lorde seems to be so... universal kind of weirds me out. I can't find anybody saying any sensible negative things about her (there are always "haters," but they don't count). One mixed review was met with entirely negative comments from fans. I feel kind of left out of the loop because yeah, she makes good music but I don't see what makes her so different and interesting to get such a wildly positive reception. I don't really see anything particularly novel in her view point or lyricism (and from what I understand, she doesn't really write the music? so I guess the thing is the lyrics). Like, she's been called a prodigy and while she's good for her age, I really wouldn't call her a prodigy. Have people not met smart, outspoken 16 year old girls? I really just genuinely don't understand the Lorde phenomenon.

I loved Paradise. I don't know how well it compares to those other albums nominated, mainly because it isn't as *popular* and it's an EP. 

Lorde's Pure Heroine hopefully wins if Paradise doesn't. 

I do have many more favorites from Paradise than PH, so I'm biased...but I'd want Lorde to win if Lana didn't (which I'm guessing she won't).

Y&B BETTER GET THAT OTHER GRAMMY THOUGH

MY GRANDMA LOVES IT

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

How DARE you! Lorde is a feminist and Lana is not. And Lorde is writing about the relevant shit, ya know? And she is so not tired of telling it in every interview, but she is too precious to tell us all directly that she is better than everybody else. She just puts it in a way that we ALL see the light  :lordejesus:

The other popgirls feminism is not right. She will tell you what's the right one, cuz she is an ugly teen that knows it all. Pretty people don't know shit, cuz they're pretty.

She is ugly and she has read some books, y'all! Pretty girls just read Cosmo.

And in all seriousness, I hate that fucking cunt. 

Couldn't agree more!

If I could I would drag and beat up that bitch, even her music stinks like what the fuck, even the avatars and sigs with her annoy me like she is so fugly.

But oh well, rant over cuz I know others like her here so I don't wanna hurt their stan-feelings.

(but she sucks) :smokes3:

Just sonically, I think there definitely are similarities between Lana and Lorde, mostly the hip hop beats in the music and low voice. They've also both been promoted as indie and alternative even though they're both on major labels and have become popular because of their image. Lana had the whole "Gangsta Nancy Sinatra, beauty queen from the 50s" thing, Lorde has her "anti-pop, I-don't-want-to-be-a-perfect-popstar-I'm-the-underdog" thing. They also have quite a lot of fan-overlap. Lorde herself has said that she's inspired by Lana, I think, so there's no denying that. Lorde has had a much warmer welcome because she didn't have the SNL "fiasco" that Lana did and made so many people hate her, she also hasn't had plastic surgery and people seem to think she's poor or something while Lana was accused of having her daddy pay for her career. 

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Couldn't agree more!

If I could I would drag and beat up that bitch, even her music stinks like what the fuck, even the avatars and sigs with her annoy me like she is so fugly.

But oh well, rant over cuz I know others like her here so I don't wanna hurt their stan-feelings.

(but she sucks) :smokes3:

Gaze upon it cunt