evilentity

Is "Beyoncé" just a big rip-off of Lana Del Rey?

I figured this was going to be a thread bullshitting us, but when I actually started reading it there was a lot of points that I think are pretty valid even though I know this was a joke. :toofunny:

My vision is complete.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

After reading your entire post, i was about to say you had a very stronger argument LOL. Almost convinced me for a second. Thats is, until that troll face appeared lol. But who knows, Bey probably was inspired by her lol. You're probably right. Good analysis. And i really like the Beyonce album

PARTITION
In "Partition", the camera takes us inside a palatial estate that almost looks like it could have been the setting for the "Born to Die" video. See the exterior and interior below:
hv0lgvQm.jpgHF6FZI1m.jpg

In the first of several scenes curiously similar to ones out of "National Anthem", we find Mrs. Carter seated at an immaculately set table, barely noticed by her rapper husband peering over his newspaper:
SywlklDm.jpgBrUhf8cm.jpg

In her mind, she embarks on a sexual fantasy. Again she channels Rosalita:
gVyL9nTm.jpgqeLPYoim.jpg

Her rapper husband feels up her leg in a vehicle:
ihboxglm.jpgVVOv5imm.jpg

She puts on a show for him, donning a sequined flapper headdress like Lizzy wears in this photo:
5dgoPZ9m.jpg8LPxAxEm.jpg

Silhouette techniques like something out of "Summertime Sadness" are employed:
NLvI0Fgm.jpgKH4DV8Em.jpg

Beyoncé pole dances like Lana in Tropico over a sexy French spoken interlude like in "Carmen":
Ons0Msxm.jpgHTrT6WDm.jpg

Like A$AP Rocky in "National Anthem", her rapper husband watches her performance voyeuristically, smoking a cigar:
Lu4Lmpmm.jpgqRnGqo8m.jpg

JEALOUS
Beyoncé is a jealous, jealous, jealous gurrrrrl. This video begins in the same estate reminiscent of "Born to Die" as in "Partition". In one scene, the former Miss Knowles is draped over a pinball machine like Lana in "Ride":
GPQn22dm.jpgQH7jBF6m.jpg

In another we see a "tunnel lined with yellow lights":
isKubZ9m.jpgqeTATLbm.jpg

ROCKET
Like "Blue Jeans", "Rocket" opens on a black & white close-up of a reflection of the artist's face in a ripple of water:
R8Q6UGLm.jpgl7W0Kxlm.jpg

Later in each video we watch the artist submerge her face in water in slow motion:
f8mrXpqm.jpgaaT5RMEm.jpg

MINE
Like Lana in the poster for Tropico, we find Beyoncé re-enacting Mary in the Pieta:
rWgrJ6Cm.jpg0FBB7l4.jpg

Also, is that another Shaun Ross cameo? :creep:

XO
In "XO", Beyoncé orchestrates perhaps the largest NYC land grab since Dutch settlers bought Manhattan Island from Native Americans for 24 bucks, stealing the famed amusement destination from the Queen of Coney Island herself:
dupatylm.jpgNbEX9aRm.jpg

YG72jdWm.jpgFGoDjsWm.jpg

lQbZdttm.jpgIdtAfSzm.jpg

rg3lqgAm.jpgzu8M79Dm.jpg

***FLAWLESS & SUPERPOWER
Since I can't find any Lana plagiarism in either of these videos, I'm just gonna go ahead and assume they must be borrowed from the "Dark Paradise" and "Cola" videos that never materialized. @@Ultraviolence Watch these. One of them may be the closest thing you'll ever get to your precious "Cola" video.

HEAVEN
Here we have the biggest plot heist since Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds ripped off Gremlins. In "Heaven", Beyoncé portrays a woman mourning her deceased female bff in a series of flashbacks. Sound familiar? Of course it does. It's the plot of Lana's "Summertime Sadness" video. Not content to copycat one Lana video, "Heaven" filches from a few. A shot in a church mirrors the chapel in "Born to Die":
RccTfUAm.jpgXgNax8Sm.jpg

In a flashback, Beyoncé's girlfriend sprays alcohol at a campfire party echoing scenes in "Ride":
c6VeqiXm.jpgS0SwpmEm.jpg

And we see her and her gal pal riding in a car like Lana & Jaime King:
rWM3CYpm.jpghc8S535m.jpg

She only barely tries to disguise her copying Lana's recitation of the Lord's Prayer in Tropico by saying it in Spanish. Oh, and speaking of Spanish, here's Rosalita yet again:
8FFm9Jgm.jpg

BLUE
Sure, there's another "tunnel lined with yellow lights":
j4qGVkEm.jpg

The sequined bra is back:
kRXAHTdm.jpg

And she evokes Lizzy's showgirl style:
FZgcsTrm.jpgTngmCyQt.jpg

But most saliently, this song is about Beyoncé's, uh, baby Blue love, the black baby daughter she had with a rapper. What a blatant "National Anthem" ripoff!
7QkLUN1m.jpgjdtik2hm.jpg

GROWN WOMAN
Last but not least, the video for "Grown Woman" consists of home footage of Beyoncé's childhood performances, a clear homage to Lana's DIY videos.

:troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll:

Is "Beyoncé" just a big rip-off of Lana Del Rey?

To be fair you could also apply this to Lana or anyone else in the industry they all copy each other, I see a lot of similarities in Lana's videos to other artists but then they have used the same director.

To be honest, I'm still waiting for someone to break the mould and be you know just a bit different sloth-yawn-cute.gif

If I went to jail, at least I wouldn't have to sign autographs

Preach sister, preach.

now for real I think Beysus took some inspiration in Lana and mostly in Unapologetic to create her Beyoncé. Video Games made people remember an image is more powerful than 1000 words lol

glgcDdT.gif

I don't think that B knows the existence of Lana...

Considering Jay-Z produced the soundtrack for "The Great Gatsby" where Lana's song "Young and Beautiful" appeared in countless amount of times. I'd like to imagine Bey and Jay went to the movie premiere or had a cosy movie night at home and watched it. I think she does though  :agree2:

EQFO7rX.png

Considering Jay-Z produced the soundtrack for "The Great Gatsby" where Lana's song "Young and Beautiful" appeared in countless amount of times. I'd like to imagine Bey and Jay went to the movie premiere or had a cosy movie night at home and watched it. I think she does though  :agree2:

Maybe she knows her by her name but not my her music... I don't see B watching Lana's videos in Youtube lol

<Knowles // Aitchison // Grant> 

Maybe she knows her by her name but not my her music... I don't see B watching Lana's videos in Youtube lol

I want pics of Jay and Lana together.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Considering Jay-Z produced the soundtrack for "The Great Gatsby" where Lana's song "Young and Beautiful" appeared in countless amount of times. I'd like to imagine Bey and Jay went to the movie premiere or had a cosy movie night at home and watched it. I think she does though :agree2:

Let's not forget the fact he ripped off the title of the song he contributed to the soundtrack ("100$ Bill") from Lana. :troll:

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.