Lirazel

Music (& stuff) people like that you tried to get into, but can’t

omg sooooooo much :toofunny: a lot of people i talk to are really into grunge/punk and no matter how hard i try and whatever playlists they make me etc i just can't do it. every time my friend tries to educate me on punk or grunge it just sounds so pretentious and then when i listen to it it's even more embarrassing it just sounds awful. like why would you want to listen to bad music on purpose? i don't get it

also ariana, i liked DW for a while but unfortunately i grew out of it and had to pretend to like sweetener, and marina too she's not bad i just don't really grab onto her music like i do w other artists yknow. at least marina seems chill but ariana is so performative it exhausts me the same amount as listening to HIADTFAWLMTHBIHI . even liking DW was just half me trying to bond w my friend who stans her. i do think the album is good it's just not as great as i used to think it was, especially since i've discovered a lot of incredible music since then it just seems average in comparison 

also today's new hip hop, i'm glad people are enjoying it and it's something new and moving the genre forward and creating new trends and mannerisms and aesthetics etc and like that's really really cool to witness in real time but ........ the music....... i can't believe . i tried listening to that one shek wes(?) song when it was popular and i was literally dumbfounded that THAT was what all my friends were raving about like ........ wow . maybe it's incredible and i'm just missing something or maybe it sounds better if ur drunk or high or something but i'll never know since i'm sober lol 

UbsOye5.png

sooo i cant really think of anyone i "failed" to get into, bc if i try to get into ur music it means i've already heard a song or two and i'm interested. i dont try to get into anybody who has a song i've heard and disliked.

haim, banks, rosalía, two door cinema club, kali uchis, fatm, aurora, bjork, carly rae jepsen, st. vincent, studio killers, & rico nasty are people i wanted to stan but instead i just casually like them/enjoy a couple songs. i like them but i don't love them, and their discographies werent up my alley enough for me to stan. talented, but not legends, yk?

the ryn weaver album. octahate was good but the rest all sounds like filler material

kim petras clarity era. i wanna like it but it's just so trappy this era

love + fear

goddess by banks. for some reason the songs just don't click for me. they're good, don't get me wrong, but something about them is... boring? idk like

rina sawayama discog other than cyber stockholm syndrome

björk utopia every track sounds identical. tabula rasa was a classic tho

MØ after nmtf era is the biggest downgrade in music history. i just can't get into the new album. and she needs to get rid of that joan jett lesbian auntie haircut

alma's music is great but everything after the mixtape is impossible to enjoy. maybe it's just me?

Kim Petras' Clarity Album, Era 1 had some of the best pop songs ever created and she still decided to make Clarity her debut album. Like, the poppier songs (Do Me, Sweet Spot, Got My Number and Personal Hell) are amazing but the rest is just meh and too trap

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

Norman (Still trying lol)

Love + Fear ( I still like a few)

BANKS, Allie X and Sky Ferreira - The year was 2016 and I was craving anything new from Lana or Marina or Avril. Unfortunely, only Closer was the new thing in the radio, so that's when I decided to give a try to some girls that were trending here. From that time, I still have Allie's Alexandra. With Sky, I didn't like, but I'm still following because I think... Idk, I think there is something to like (I like a few still like Sad Dream, Guardian and Downhill Lullaby)

St. Vincent - came after on spotify, but I only liked that song Cheerleader. I may try again, she still has a little appeal for me, like Sky.

I thought in adding Charli, Tove Lo, Halsey and few more here too, but I actually like their music lol, I just don't follow and randomly hear when i feel like it.

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

After listening to over 5 terabytes of music (great music I may add - Rock, Pop, Jazz, Classical, country, Blues, etc, etc.)

I still can´t get into Math Rock and Death Metal.

Its just too freaky and violent. 

I will let the arqueologists in the future try to decipher these ancient human inventions.

What will they think of us "cavemen" from the 20th and 21st century?

They might say, " ... Well gentleman, we have come to the conclusion that this strange music was meant for those ancient

humans to scare the hell out of the jungle animals into a trap-net, so they could hunt them and cook them "     :facepalm:

-

Lately it's just been certain albums from artists that I still love but just can't follow through with. It makes me sad and i WISH this wasn't the case. I've tried. I've failed.

NFR  :whatever2:

I couldn't get into more than 2 songs on Love + Fear (Marina)

Liked less than half of III (Banks)

No songs of High as Hope (Florence) have stuck with me

Only half of K-12 is 'just fine' (Melanie)

A few from Manic (Halsey), not that i really liked most of HFK either tho.

Still adore some from Magdalene (FKA Twigs) but the rest is non-existent to me

It almost seems like I just need to find new favourite artists, and the only luck I've had with that is back in the Rock/Metal community, which is actually doing quite well despite people thinking Rock is dead. 

It just takes a lot for music to really get through to me these days. It's like I've gone numb to most of it and need to be shaken awake again. 

original.gif  ..... JK! Evanescence's new cover song has actually disappointed me too.