Sign in to follow this  
Sitar

Member of the Month (March): Moy

Aboot time. Give it up for Moy, LanaBoards' own social media dude, event organizer, shirt...guy, and meltdown haver. Thirst attracter? Someone help me with the glowing introduction tbh. w/e it was a pleasure to eye this for two weeks and finally to respond to it :diva:

(No really can't thank Moy enough for keeping us active and this is practically overdue. Enjoy!)

Member of the Month (March): Moy!

1. What did you do today on the day that this interview was sent to you?

I was hired to give out flyers today but it started raining an hour in and I still had about 200 flyers left so I was out in the pouring rain for two hours. Awful day but at least I'm warm now!

2. What's something not many people know about you or that we would be surprised to learn about?
I don't think many people here know about me in general (unless you follow my on Twitter or Tumblr). So here are some factzzzz:

• My name is actually Moy

• I'm 19

• I'm average height at 5'8"

• British accent

• I'm obsessed with cats and dogs but I've never actually had a cat or a dog

• My favourite character from Bob's Burgers is Tina and I love her so much

• I have a 15 inch penis (SH: *I'm obsessed with 15 inch penises but I've never actually had a 15 inch penis)

•  :creep: 
• Pluto takes 248 years to orbit about your mum

• The mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell

3. What's your current career? What's your dream job?
I'm officially jobless but I sold T-shirts for a little while so I guess that counted as a little job. I stopped for a while but I hope to get back into it during the spring. I was also hired recently to design some posters and stuff and it paid surprisingly well. I love designing things but I'd love to write a book or direct a movie.

4. What did you want to be when you were growing up? Have you become that yet? Did that decision change for you?
I wanted to be an astronaut because I thought that was the coolest shit ever. I thought you'd get to walk on Jupiter and shit like that but no, unfortunately that's not the case. Physics was way too hard in school anyway and recently the movie Gravity fuck up any last hopes I had for that dream. At one point I also wanted to be a teacher but then I decided that I hated working with children.

5. What would you consider your greatest accomplishment(s)?
Winning this! Gonna put it on the top of my CV for all future employers to see.  :usrs:

SH: Literally copy-paste it all, my impact will score 4sure

6. What are your hobbies?
Eating and sleeping. I like to do a little bit of photography and design work in the free time. Pretty much anything that doesn't require a lot of physical strain or effort.

SH: The subtitle of this interview transition from previous members to Moy is now "Back to tha Basics" :judgingu3: jk

7. What is your favorite memory?
When I was about 13, I was in detention for being late to school and the teacher in the detention room was horrible to me so instead of writing lines, I drew about 20 little pictures of her being killed in various different ways (getting hit by a car, piano dropped on her, being abducted by aliens, etc. I even had one of those multicoloured pens and I made sure there was plenty of blood.) I had to give her the sheet of paper at the end of the detention and I was sent to the head's office because she thought I was a crazy demented child  :teehee:  and she was genuinely scared tbh and its one of my favourite memories- even though I was in some deep shit lol

SH: :whoopi: Forget what I said about basics, man...Forget my name...:run:

8. Lana's junior and high school years have been rather chaotic from what we know. How were/are yours?
I loved my early years in primary school (age 5-12). When I moved to high school, Year 7 (age 13) was a pretty shit time because I was in a different area and no-one I knew from my previous school was there so I had an awful time. I moved schools at 14 and the new years after that were amazing. Recently though school has been pretty shit and my attendance for 2013 was 36%. Got an unconditional place in university though so I'm really excited for that. Gonna move back to my original city and get drunk every night with my best friends.

SH: No one in this fanbase heeds TIWMUG smfh

9. Do any of the words “sassy”, “fabulous”, or “flawless” describe you?
They all describe me to some extent, I always try to tone it down but I could easily snatch 's weave at being the 'Most Iconic' member  :hooker:

SH: Shut up come on sing our song and let's go _______ :bop:

10. If you could bring two people back from the dead, have an exquisite dinner, and some great conversation with them... who would they be and what would you eat?

I'm mostly a fan of people who are living, but I'm really inspired by Carl Sagan's book about space exploration and his vision of the human future in space. He died in 1996 but I'd love to hear his opinion now in 2014. I'd also love to hang out with Cleopatra, the sassiest Pharaoh of Egypt. She's like the Beyonce of the 1st century BC.

SH: Only balder. Nah lbr Beyonce wouldn't be half as weak over some foreign dick!

11. Do you believe in any form of life after death?
I like to believe that we come back to Earth in the form of another human being (maybe in a different time period). I don't like the idea of eternal happiness or eternal damnation. Whatever it is, wouldn't you get bored of it if it were eternal? I hate to live an eternal stagnant life of repeating the same things over and over. Reincarnation as an animal is too weird of a concept for me to accept (although it's totally cool). Then again, it doesn't matter if we come back to Earth or not. "To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." 

12. Who is the person you admire most and why?

I admire people like Stephen King, James Cameron and Sofia Coppola. I think they produce great work that I would love to match one day. They are self driven, motivated people and I think it's inspiring that they put in so much of themselves into their own work. I think John Green is a good author, and I am inspired by his writing but I do think he is a bit overrated.

SH: *deletes JG ref from own MOTM interview* yay 2014

13. Make up a word that you would use daily and describe what it means.

A while ago I started using the word 'icy' to mean 'I see' and 'cool' but in a I-don't-care/sarcastic way. Like: "Hey Azealia Banks faved my tweet!" "Icy." If I were like Ja'mie and could choose a word and change its meaning to something else (like 'quiche' = hot) then I would totally change the word "bucket" to mean "thirsty cock sucking slut". "Wow, @@Ultraviolence is such a bucket."  :hooker:  :hooker:  :hooker: 

SH: Icy

14. If your balls were a celebrity couple, who would they be?

They would be Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield. They're both hot and everyone wants a piece of at least one of them.  :usrs:  They're always photographed together and they both look good.

15. When did you become a fan of Lana? What was it about her that attracted you to her?

I first heard of Lana on Tumblr during late 2011 but I never really cared enough to check out who she was. I first listened to one of her songs when OTTR was a promo single. I love the string instruments. They're absolutely captivating.  :deadbanana:

16. Which Lana album is your favorite: Paradise, Born to Die, Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant, or Sirens?

My favourite album of all time would be Born To Die. I really dig the classical/hip-hop/indie hybrid genre. It was pretty different to everything else I was listening to at the time so it was a little hard to get into at first, but now I listen to it at least once a day.

17. Favorite Lana song? Why?

Never Let Me Go will always be one of my favourite Lana songs. :bop:  The lyrics are sweet without sparing any of the cool Lana-esque movie references. On Our Way is pretty lovely too. My favourite from Born To Die changes all the time. I think every song from it has been my favourite at some point besides Carmen and Dark Paradise.

18. Least favorite Lana song? Why?

The weird sounding ones (like Moi Je Joue and Maha Maha)  :biblio: but that's an understandable kind of dislike. The idea of listening to them doesn't appeal to me. For everything else, I'm not that fond of Dark Paradise. I don't really have a reason for it but I think it is one of the weakest songs from BTD. I understand that the lyrics are one of the most powerful and telling, but the entire song doesn't do it for me. I also don't understand the hype behind Y&B. I think it's too slow and wordy.

19. If given the opportunity to meet Lana for an hour, what would you do/say?

I would tell her how much I love her (obviously) and I would probably ask her if I could photograph her for a little while. Then, I'd probably sit down for a bit and ask her about the backstory behind some of her songs and talk about God/science and the future. I bet she'd be really interesting to get into a deep conversation with.

SH: Also all her best friends spend their days taking her pix so there's something about her

20. Would you rather love and be loved or know all God knows?

I'd rather love and be loved. There's no better feeling than the feeling of being loved. Knowing all that God knows would take out the fun and excitement in living. No one deserves (or needs) to know the answers to everything.

21. Of all the unreleased videos and songs we have knowledge of, what do you thirst for most?

Id love to hear Girl That Got Away. That song isn't mentioned a lot but I'm sure it exists. Because Of You and Old Money because of how recent they are. And of course Roses and OTTR's demo - the holy grails of her unleaked songs. Oh, and Resistance.

22. Are you the leaker?

:creep:

23. Are you Lana?

24. Are you Ben Mawson?

25. Are you Edward Gallegos?

26. Did you answer the 4 questions above honestly?

Yes

27. Who are your favourite artists?

Besides Lana, I really love Paramore and the rebellious but grounded atmosphere in their songs (almost everyone can relate. Instead of those ridiculous songs about fucking shit up at festivals). I'm into all kinds of music, really. I mostly venture into K-Pop, J-Pop, indie rock, pop, dance and chart music. 

28. What was the last book you read?

'Paper Towns' by John Green. Good read because of the characters but the story was pretty slow and pretty much anticlimactic. I'm currently reading 'The Time Traveller's Wife' by Audrey Niffenegger and 'On Writing' by Stephen King. I love all things sci-fi and time travel is one of my greatest interests because there's a lot of what-ifs involved. 'On Writing' is an autobiographical handbook and I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to become inspired to be a writer. King's sense of humour really shines through in the audiobook.

29. Recommend us a song (can’t be top 40/popular) that we just have to listen to!

I recommend 'King' by Lauren Aquilina. Listen to it if you're ever feeling down or sad about yourself. She's a magnificent songwriter and singer. "Be happy. There's always something to be happy about." - Aquilina.

30. What comes after “Lana Del Rey” in your music library?

Funnily enough, Lauren Aquilina. The one after that is Lorde  :facepalm:  then Lucy Rose  :D 

SH: :lordejesus: tally at 1, natch

31. Put your iPod/music library on shuffle and tell us which 10 songs are played. Don't skip, don't cheat!

That's What You Get by Paramore

Donatella (Instrumental) by Lady Gaga

Colours Of The Wind by Pocahontas Soundtrack

Things We Lost In The Fire by Bastille

Perth by Bon Iver

Favourite Colour by Tokyo Police Club

Metaphors by San Cisco

Natural Anthem by The Postal Service

St. Peter's Day Festival by Ra Ra Riot

Clueless by Orla Gartland

32. What are your thoughts on emotions, and the way that people express them?

If they're positive, express them. If they're negative, still express them... but in a positive way. (Do as I say, not as I do. See: Ultraviolence thread). It is fun to be a bitch sometimes, so whatevzzzz.

SH: Oh yeah :rip: Back to tha iconic

33. Do you hate anyone? If so, why?

All of u basic bitches

SH: U still keep it OG :beyonce:

34. What do you think your purpose is? Are you happy with where you are in life?
I'm definitely not disappointed with where I am in life. A lot of people are worse off so I shouldn't ever feel sorry for myself. I don't many many visions for my own future besides accomplishing personal goals and making the people I love happy.

35. What is a characteristic / trait you see in others that you wish you had?

A big penis  :creep:

36. What are your pet peeves / deal-breakers when it comes to friends/relationships?

Idk, I will try to like pretty much anyone no matter how different they are from me. I do have a lot of pet peeves though... I don't like it when people chew gum all the time (ew) and I hate it when people touch my stuff without asking. I love meeting opinionated people but if they mindlessly spill their thoughts out when no one really asked it comes across as rude and pretentious and I hate that)

37. What would you say is your favorite physical trait + personality trait in potential partner?

They have to make me laugh. I love positive people who make your day seem brighter just by talking to you. #bitchdontkillmyvibe. They gotta know how to throw good shade thought because like I said earlier, it's fun to be a bitch. Physically they gotta be too hot to touch  :usrs:  and preferably rich with 5 sports cars.

38. do u like pies

yas i had sum erlier 2day

39. what is ur favourite kind of pie
all of them. they mek me such happy so yum very carbohydrates

40. do u enjoy flying kites, if so, what would ur ideal kite look like, describe it

ys kites r cool. i have 2 of them. i wanna tie a littl animal 2 one n see wot happns

BONUS: Is there anything you'd like to tell the community of LanaBoards?

I LOVE ALL OF YOU EVEN THOUGH SOME OF YOU ARE CRAZY. SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE I'M WANDERING AROUND IN A MENTAL INSTITUTION BUT IT'S OKAY BECAUSE WE'RE ALL BEING INSANE TOGETHER  :excited:  THANKS FOR VOTING FOR ME THIS MONTH I PROMISE TO KEEP SLAYING FOR AS LONG AS I LIVE  :diva:

A while ago I started using the word 'icy' to mean 'I see' and 'cool' but in a I-don't-care/sarcastic way. Like: "Hey Azealia Banks faved my tweet!" "Icy." If I were like Ja'mie and could choose a word and change its meaning to something else (like 'quiche' = hot) then I would totally change the word "bucket" to mean "thirsty cock sucking slut". "Wow, @ULTRAVIOLENCE is such a bucket."   :hooker:   :hooker:   :hooker:

omg :ohsnap: 

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Guest Dot

A while ago I started using the word 'icy' to mean 'I see' and 'cool' but in a I-don't-care/sarcastic way. Like: "Hey Azealia Banks faved my tweet!" "Icy." If I were like Ja'mie and could choose a word and change its meaning to something else (like 'quiche' = hot) then I would totally change the word "bucket" to mean "thirsty cock sucking slut". "Wow, @ is such a bucket."  :hooker:  :hooker:  :hooker: 

#FREEPROMO

Love me hate me, can't u c what Icy but all of the boyz and all of the gurls are beggin to iF U SEEK aMy. :kris:

#FREEPROMO

Love me hate me, can't u c what Icy but all of the boyz and all of the gurls are beggin to iF U SEEK aMy. :kris:

:lmao:

lH7Zs6V.gif      

Ok, this really made my day :D

I would never compared Cleopatra to Beyonce before but now... All the single ladies put your hands up and clap for daughter of Isis :P

2uiu5oh.jpg