Sign in to follow this  
Mileena

Alternative Song Titles

You know how a lot of her songs have got different song titles? I wish that she kept the original in some cases.

Like I wish that she kept 'Florida Dark' or 'The Ocean' instead of Kill Kill.

Flordia Dark just sounds so awesome.

4r9w86.jpg

'Diet Mountain Dew' once called 'Seven Eleven'. But I prefer the 'Diet Mountain Dew' :D

I didn't even know that. I've seen it as Diet Mtn Dew before, and I prefer it with 'mtn' because it's less to type.

4r9w86.jpg

You know how a lot of her songs have got different song titles? I wish that she kept the original in some cases.

Like I wish that she kept 'Florida Dark' or 'The Ocean' instead of Kill Kill.

Flordia Dark just sounds so awesome.

gurl u cray, those titles are horrible. :rolleyes:

last.fm  

I like Ride Or Die Bitch, but I like titles with cuss words haha. And I love Florida Dark, the song has a slightly tropical feel to it with the plucky guitar. It reminds me of lazy days in Florida, so I love the title. Oh and I like dark things too so Florida Dark is perfect.

4r9w86.jpg

I persist in calling it "Puppy Love (Marilyn Monroe)." Extra typing concerns be damned!

I prefer Body Electric to ISTBE because there's less to type (I hate the song though so it doesn't really matter).

Moy, you've inspired me to admit...

http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/215-unpopular-lana-opinions/ (post #6)

Wasn't Lolita called Lolyta, then Hey Lolita Hey then Lolita?

It's my understanding that "Lolyta" was never an official title, but a fan error introduced early on that stuck around. (Kind of like "I'm Indebited to You" instead of "Indebted") But I could be wrong.

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

"Puppy Love" is the way more engaging title, and if I had no idea that was ever a consideration and knew it as the basic "Marilyn Monroe", I'd think, "Well, why the fuck does she say 'puppy love' so much?" Similiar to "China Doll" shitting on "Without You".

It's my understanding that "Lolyta" was never an official title, but a fan error introduced early on that stuck around.

This is correct.

And yeah, extra typing concerns be damned.

Also, people who do not like or even actively hate I Sing The Body Electric need to check into an asylum.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein