Fall-Out-Boy.jpgFall Out Boy, “Save Rock And Roll

Imagine-Dragons.jpgImagine Dragons, “Night Visions”

Lorde.jpgLorde, “PureHeroine

Mumford-Sons.jpgMumford & Sons, “Babel

source

Edited by evilentity
Added source

how is she even eligible

Just at billboard.com and BTD is still charting at 80. So I guess the logic goes, hey it's 2014 and BTD is still charting so we can nominate it. What's going to be the voting process for who wins? Anyone know?

BTD is definitely part of the alternative rock genre. Sadcore and baroque pop are considered to be forms of alt/indie rock and the album/singles charted on the rock charts. Not to mention that the majority of Lana's catalogue absolutely belongs to the alt rock genre. People are confusing hard rock with indie rock.

BTD is definitely part of the alternative rock genre. Sadcore and baroque pop are considered to be forms of alt/indie rock and the album/singles charted on the rock charts. Not to mention that the majority of Lana's catalogue absolutely belongs to the alt rock genre. People are confusing hard rock with indie rock.

The only song I would consider to be "alternative rock" in BTD would be Blues Jeans. I dont see how the others fit the genre.

Paradise has more of a rock vibe with Cola/Gods and Monsters/Body Electric live version.

Ohmygod I am dying! none of those are rock, not even just Lana whose album came out 2 years ago 

okay billboard  :judgingu:

nonetheless, at least she got a nomination, yay! :)