kingadam

Lana Del Rey gets a Billboard Music Award Nomination

well, it's nice that Lana's nominated but for an ROCK album  :oic2: (ugh I wouldn't consider any of these artists as real rock influenced musicians, imo Lorde is even less rock than Lana, :quote: what happened to punk rock ? :quote: )

at least she's going to like this category because she loves rock music  :troll:

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

what happened to punk rockkkkkkkkkk 

Punk turned into grunge which turned into alternative, which turned into pop rock which turned into indie rock which turned into post-hardcore/emo which turned into garage rock which turned into nu-metal which somehow turned into sadcore/hipster/indie shit... or something like that.  :creep:

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

cuz u rock rock rock rock roooocck

No but honestly I think she's got a shot!
I mean yeah the album is two years old, but still, if it's still charting and it's still selling and all, it's still promotion. Especially if she wins, theres even a chance for UV promo there :oic:

BTD??? why not paradise.. you know the album after BTD -_-

thats why i hate when songs catch on after other albums because everyone gets all confused which album is actually the current one -_-

im surprised sirens isnt nominated.

according to :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billboard_Music_Award

"Unlike other awards, such as the Grammy Award, which determine nominations as a result of the highest votes received, the Billboard Music Awards finalists are based on United States year-end chart performance according to Nielsen data for sales, number of downloads and total airplay."

So it seems that the result is already determined if the "as of date" is in the past. I'm kind of confused as to what being nominated means other that something like top 5 in popularity.

The complete list of nominees is here:

For those scratching their heads about Lorde and LDR being classed as "rock", there's no Best Pop Record category so I think they use "rock" to mean "pop". Also Artpop is nominated in the Dance/Electronic category.

On the planet Vulcan, popular just means "listened to by a lot of people", wish it were the same here, but one has to come up with a more consistent labeling system to distinguish artist like Britney from artists like Queens of the Stone Age.

LDR's nomination is very token (only one), so I'd be surprised if she showed up at these awards (given her Grammy's no show).