Sitar

Boarding School

Numero uno, I hear "Come on, baby, tell me where his tattooed-ass beat ya." It's right based on my biased support of it because I just find it sexier.

I do too. :agree:

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

"Yale's not a problem, let's solve it" doesn't make sense. If there it isn't a problem, how can it be solved?

She's saying "Don't worry about getting into Yale, just sleep with your teacher to get better grades and you'll solve that problem!" she's just not be grammatically correct, I suppose. I dunno, makes sense to me.

Also, putting in my vote for VODKA PEPSI!  :candy:

She's saying "Don't worry about getting into Yale, just sleep with your teacher to get better grades and you'll solve that problem!" she's just not be grammatically correct, I suppose. I dunno, makes sense to me.

Also, putting in my vote for VODKA PEPSI!  :candy:

unless your listening to it on good quality headphones then your vote doesnt really count tbh   :smokes3:  

unless your listening to it on good quality headphones then your vote doesnt really count tbh   :smokes3:  

How about in my ten speaker bose system in my car, does it count then?

oh wait. I don't care.

How about in my ten speaker bose system in my car, does it count then?

oh wait. I don't care.

:lel: 

i dunno about this, i guess i hear vodka slightly if im really trying and my speakers are blaring, but p-p-pepsi just makes more sense cause of the "f-f-food cravings"

anywho..

I think I'm like the only person who doesn't hear Cruel at all...

And I understand how you guys hear Vodka Pepsi, but I'm pretty sure its P-P-Pepsi.
I think it sounds like vodka because they way she's enunciating and the beat at the same time (it makes sense if you hear it idk how to describe it lol)

And she sings P-P-Pepsi live, even though that's not really an indication considering a lot of the lyrics are different

I've been listening to this song on repeat lately and oh my! This song is so fucking CLEVER! The first time I heard it, I didn't think much of it, but once I started really listening to the lyrics, I realised how insanely intelligent it is. The melody is so upbeat, so you'd think it's a happy song, but it deals with so many dark issues - teacher/student relationships, drugs, alcohol etc - and Lana sings about it all in such an innocent voice. I love it so much; everyone on this planet needs to be aware of this track.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

This is one of my favorite Lana songs to cover. It's so much fun to sing and it is insanely clever. The expression on people's faces as they listen to the lyrics are to die for  :P  You can just see them go from "what a cute song" to "wait..what?!" 

jesus christ i just read through this thread and saw the iconic vodka/p-p-pepsi disagreement. i've always been on the p-p-pepsi side but i just listened through and i FUCKING HEARD VODKA. it was fucked i dropped my banana. that's not a euphemism or anything i was literally eating a banana and i dropped it. @@evilentity i think u may have been onto something.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

jesus christ i just read through this thread and saw the iconic vodka/p-p-pepsi disagreement. i've always been on the p-p-pepsi side but i just listened through and i FUCKING HEARD VODKA. it was fucked i dropped my banana. that's not a euphemism or anything i was literally eating a banana and i dropped it. @@evilentity i think u may have been onto something.

Ata's in the back doing crack, dropping b-b-nanas... :deadbanana:

Usually when I have a lyric wrong and someone tells me the correct lyric, I can tell myself it's the corrected lyric in my head enough times that I expect to hear it, and then if I go back and listen, I do hear it. That doesn't happen for me with "P-P-Pepsi". No matter how much I convince myself it's "P-P-Pepsi", and expect to hear it, I still hear "vodka Pepsi" on the studio version.

Pay particular attention to the second syllable (the second 'P' in "P-P-Pepsi" or the "ka" in "vodka Pepsi"). What makes it difficult to distinguish are those accented, heavily reverbed handclapping/percussion notes on the same rhythm as "P-P-"/"vodka". If I listen closely, taking great care to distinguish her vocals from the reverbed percussion, I'm pretty certain I hear a "kuh" sound on the second syllable distinct from the reverbed percussion. I think a lot of people are hearing that and assuming it's part of the percussion or reverb, but listen more closely, I don't think it is. The vowel sound on the first syllable also sounds a little more like an "ah" sound like in the first syllable of "vodka" than the "Puh" schwa sound in "P-P-Pepsi", though that's less distinct.

Although I hear the difference whether I'm listening on shitty earbuds or studio quality headphones, I recommend listening closely on good headphones. I also recommend trying different manipulations individually in Audacity-- increase or decrease the speed, pitch, or tempo, use a high or low pass filter, Vocoder, vocal remover, or noise removal using the instrumental intro as the noise profile. Telling yourself the lyric is "vodka Pepsi" and listening closely for the 'k' sound while trying one of these may make it easier for you to hear it the first time. It's easier to pick out after you've heard it once.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I'm currently OBSESSED with this song. I can't believe I discovered it just a couple weeks ago. I love how bitter and...saucy it is, lol. The lyrics are dynamite. Watching the live version (

) might help with figuring them out, or just make it more confusing. They're pretty hard to figure out.

- I don't hear "cruel" just "cool" both times.

- I'm pretty sure it's "I'm a fan of a pro-ana nation". It makes sense with the next lyric.

- I hear "Tommy" too, but I really think's it's either "Come on, baby, tell me what is tattooed as featured" or "Come on, baby, tell me with his tattooed ass feature" (whatever the fuck that means).

- I'm pretty sure it's "vodka" just "P-p-pepsi".

- In the recorded version I hear "love" but in the live version I hear "Yale." Maybe she says both?

- It sounds like "Or go on a groove, vacationing" but I think it's "Or go on a group vacationing."

"I believe in the person I want to become." :illumilana2: